PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adrian Clayborn: Very difficult to project where he will go

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Where the heck do you draft this one-armed mauler? He looks like he has good speed and pass rush moves. He hits like a cement truck but how many tackles will he miss in the NFL with only one good arm? Will offenses figure out a way to exploit this weakness?

I think he is projected for the first but I could see him slipping as far as 3 because of the right arm. I just cannot figure out where he will go...

What's this about one good arm?

What's this about one good arm?

He has Erb's Palsy (whatever that is) in his right shoulder since birth. Supposedly it restricts to lining up on one side and it is supposed to be noticeable in practice.

Wow, first time I've even heard of that. I wasn't even sure Clayborn could make the conversion to 3-4 OLB before. This sounds like a red flag for him. How much it affects his play. Who knows? I haven't seen enough film on Clayborn to really tell. *shrugs*

He's a prototypical LE, but supposedly lacks the ability to play anything but RE because of his arm. Pretty insignificant though, considering he doesn't fit anywhere in a 3-4.

He has Erb's Palsy (whatever that is) in his right shoulder since birth. Supposedly it restricts to lining up on one side and it is supposed to be noticeable in practice.

Apparently not a severe case - at least not deemed sufficiently severe to require surgery - and might not even be very noticeable in someone who wasn't playing sports at a high level. Not sure how it would affect him at the pro level, but it didn't appear to deter him from succeeding pretty well at Iowa.

Those hands are lethal weapons. I've always liked this guy but do have to consider where the hell he went to last season. If he would of left last year he was a top 10 pick. Comes back and dud's himself into the late first round. You would figure with Klug and Ballard up front he would of ran circles in the backfield. He is hard to project. If he is somehow selected by the Pats I'll stand by him.

I'd love to know what the Pats thought of his workout and how he could fit as a Patriot.

An NFL contract plus stem cell technology should fix that right up.

My one question is if he had been dealing with this condition from birth how did he perform as such as monster last year and patently suck this year?

An NFL contract plus stem cell technology should fix that right up.

My one question is if he had been dealing with this condition from birth how did he perform as such as monster last year and patently suck this year?
Closer scrutiny.

Any relation to Raymond of past patriots?

I don't know what to make of him. He is a bundle of energy and wreaking ball on the offense. He hits like a cement truck but I wonder if he will miss some arm tackles in the NFL. He would bring a lot of energy to the Patriots and a lot of unease to their opponents but I am not sure if he is a BB type of guy.

The worse case scenario would be him going to the Jets ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes