PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Schefter: Patriots new America's team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this could be farther from the truth. To be America's team, I think America needs to route for you. That is certainly not the case with the Pats. People follow them nationwide but the overall sentiment is America wants them to lose. This is like calling Vick the NFL's poster child.

oh, it could be further. name me another six states that all pull for the same team.

Good ratings doesn't make them America's team any more than ratings for a public execution makes the person being executed Time's Man of the Year.

I love the Pats but a lot of people are tuning in hoping to see them lose, plain and simple. That's hardly the same as the bandwagon fans the Cowboys enjoyed throughout the 70s when they got that stupid title of America's team.

I hate to say it but the Steelers are probably closer to America's Team than anyone else including the Cowboys. They've got fans all over the place.

I totally agree. I think the rest of the nation are tuning in just to see if the Patriots loose their first game. Also agree about Steelers fans...I'm in DC and they are like all over the place. I was also sorta pissed off why they kept showing all those Steelers fans at the stadium last week.

Saw the Steelers game at a sports bar here in S. Dakota - there were maybe half a dozen Pats fans in the place vs probably 50+ Steelers fans. There were also a lot of Cowboy fans who stayed on after the early game to watch the late one. It was fun to watch them all go from enthusiastic clapping after each Steeler 3 yd gain to near silence in the second half :D

But the Steelers/Cowboys fans definitely outnumbered the Pats fans here by a large margin (how's that for an un-scientific poll?).

I don't get why the Steelers have a national following.

If the Pats win this year that will be 4 SBs this decade matching the Steelers of the 70s.
I understand many older people took on the Steelers then, but how come the Pats haven't taken on a similar following this decade, or in the '10s should we expect to see the reaps?

The whole "America's Team" thing is just ******ed. America is comprised of 32 teams. If we had an olympic team that played other countries then THAT would be "America's Team". The media loves giving little pet names to draw attention. Idiotic. And anyone that subscribes to that term is idiotic as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes