Adam Schefter “Colts have been a version of the '72 Dolphins”

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatch62

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Adam Schefter “Colts have been a version of the '72 Dolphinsâ€

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9757028

I don’t hate Manning and Colts as much as a lot of members here – I do think they run the score up unnecessarily – but this could be one of the dumbest articles ever.

“In their past 25 regular-season games in which their playoff seeding was not clinched, the Colts have won ... 25 straight games.â€â€¦.
†The Colts lost last season to San Diego, and at Seattle in a game in which they rested most of their regulars. They lost their regular-season finale from the year before in similar circumstances at Denver. And short of that, the Colts have been a version of the '72 Dolphins -- unbeatable in the regular season.â€

What???

The Colts went 12-4 in 2004, 14-2 in 2005 and are 6-0 so far this year. So if we disregard the games they lost because their play-off seeding was clinched they are undefeated. Everyone got that? After Indy started 13-0 last year, San Diego went into Indy and beat them 26-17. Manning and Edge played the whole game so they were actually TRYING to win. Once they lost and their perfect season was gone they rested the players in the last two weeks.

The Colts have been a great team there is no denying it but come on. The 1990-1993 Buffalo Bills went 49-15 (76.54%) and went to 4 S.B. during that 4 year run. They lost all 4 but they at least made it to the big game. During the last 4 years the Colts have gone 44-10 (81.48%) – with 10 games to go this year. So far the Colts have yet to make the Super Bowl. In fact they have only made the AFC championship game once. I don;t hear people talking about the greatness of that Bills team.
Until the Colts go 16-0 OR win a championship, lets relax the talk about them being the 72 Dolphins. It is insulting to the 72 Dolphins as well to the present day Pats and Steelers who have had great regular season AND won S.B.s

Re: Adam Schefter “Colts have been a version of the '72 Dolphinsâ€

shatch62 said:

I don’t hate Manning and Colts as much as a lot of members here – I do think they run the score up unnecessarily – but this could be one of the dumbest articles ever.

“In their past 25 regular-season games in which their playoff seeding was not clinched, the Colts have won ... 25 straight games.â€â€¦.
†The Colts lost last season to San Diego, and at Seattle in a game in which they rested most of their regulars. They lost their regular-season finale from the year before in similar circumstances at Denver. And short of that, the Colts have been a version of the '72 Dolphins -- unbeatable in the regular season.â€

What???

The Colts went 12-4 in 2004, 14-2 in 2005 and are 6-0 so far this year. So if we disregard the games they lost because their play-off seeding was clinched they are undefeated. Everyone got that? After Indy started 13-0 last year, San Diego went into Indy and beat them 26-17. Manning and Edge played the whole game so they were actually TRYING to win. Once they lost and their perfect season was gone they rested the players in the last two weeks.

The Colts have been a great team there is no denying it but come on. The 1990-1993 Buffalo Bills went 49-15 (76.54%) and went to 4 S.B. during that 4 year run. They lost all 4 but they at least made it to the big game. During the last 4 years the Colts have gone 44-10 (81.48%) – with 10 games to go this year. So far the Colts have yet to make the Super Bowl. In fact they have only made the AFC championship game once. I don;t hear people talking about the greatness of that Bills team.
Until the Colts go 16-0 OR win a championship, lets relax the talk about them being the 72 Dolphins. It is insulting to the 72 Dolphins as well to the present day Pats and Steelers who have had great regular season AND won S.B.s

Sounds like Polianic logic.

Wow, something that we can agree about with our silly little dolfin' trolls.

I hope a lot of people e-mail this guy and remind him of his incredibly altered view of reality, as well as the fact that the Colts need to win at least a superbowl in an undefeated season before they are the 72 Fins.

What crap.

Yeah, If you just take away the games they have lost, they have won every game. Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

OT, but is anyone else really bothered by the way Schefter over-enunciates when he speaks? When he moves his mouth to form words it seems really exaggerated. Just bugs me.

There's an even more amazing streak the Colts are on that deserves mention. Over the previous eight seasons, if you take out all the games nobody gives a s**t about, they're 0-6.:D

zippo59 said:
Yeah, If you just take away the games they have lost, they have won every game. Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's an interesting stat, but not much more than that. It does seem like he cherry-picked the games to prove his point.

PonyExpress said:
There's an even more amazing streak the Colts are on that deserves mention. Over the previous eight seasons, if you take out all the games nobody gives a s**t about, they're 0-6.:D

hmmm, sounds like they have actually been a version of the '76 Buccaneers

Not to mention that the 72 dolphins actually won the Superbowl that year. Another brilliant article by a head on a stick.

I wonder how much the competition committee paid him to write this piece.

That is the most dumb a $ $ article I have ever read.

'72 Dolphins?

No. They're more like the KC Chiefs of a few years ago. Kings of September/October.

Schefter is a doofus in every sense of the word, from his weird announciation (he and Susie Kolber went to the same voice coach I think) to his new granny glasses. Has he ever gotten anything right? I wonder how undefeated the Pats are if you take out every game they've lost in the last three years?

The Colts can have the record for games that mean nothing as far as I'm concerend... I think they also have a record going for games that mean something, in terms of the number of chokes and losses.

My initial reaction to the comparison with the 72 Dolphins was not all that negative.

The Dolphins had a pretty easy schedule that season and even though went undefeated in a 14 game regular season, and won the SB, no one would really suggest that they were the best team of all time by any stretch of the imagination.

They were simply a very good team that had a lot of good luck.

There's nothing wrong with that - and a lot of teams - including the 2001 Patriots - had a good string of good luck... and furthermore, I would agree that the Colts ARE a very good team.

But this year, more than anything else, they are lucky, and you can't count on luck to bring you through a 16 game season.

shatch62 said:

“In their past 25 regular-season games in which their playoff seeding was not clinched, the Colts have won ... 25 straight games.”….
” The Colts lost last season to San Diego, and at Seattle in a game in which they rested most of their regulars. They lost their regular-season finale from the year before in similar circumstances at Denver. And short of that, the Colts have been a version of the '72 Dolphins -- unbeatable in the regular season.”

What???
1) The Colts were trying and played their starters against San Diego last year. Make no mistake: They wanted to be undefeated.
2) The whole article is ridiculous because it conveniently ignores the fact that that same timespan includes 2 playoff losses (each in the divisional round). Peyton Manning has been to all of 1 AFCCG in his career and he threw 4 INT's in it.

This "25 straight" convoluted stat isn't even remotely as impressive as the one where NE won 21 games in a row, including the post season.

Last edited:

Adam Schlefters is a midget.
He must have ran out of important topics to write about.
This is one of the stupidest things that i have ever read.

there are tons of undefeated teams in the NFL this year if you take away the games that "don't count" (the games they lost).

This is worse than the crap that most Colts fans say.

Colts have been a version of the '72 Dolphins... ?!

What, like the version that DIDN'T have a perfect season and DIDN'T win a Super Bowl? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Geez Louise! :wha:

PromisedLand said:
Colts have been a version of the '72 Dolphins... ?!

What, like the version that DIDN'T have a perfect season and DIDN'T win a Super Bowl? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Geez Louise! :wha:

Right. Other than that they are exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back