PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

According to Jason La Confora Josh Mcdaniels ready to leave to coach rebuiding Franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh McD isn't head coach material, yet. He was a flop in Denver, and he still isn't ready to be a head coach. Maybe someday, certainly not now or anytime soon. He needs to go spend some time at the college level as a head coach before taking another chance in the pros.

He was right about Cutler and Brandon Marshall. Nobody else saw it. Cutler doesn't prioritize football and Brandon has mental issues.

He was wrong on Tebow, but he did a lot right there.

If he gets a good opportunity to go be a HC in an organization that isn't trash, I wouldn't blame him at all for taking it. I hope he knows better than to go coach a team like the Browns, though. That's a career-killer.

Three dark horse teams to keep a eye on
Washington,Dallas,NY Giants

Josh McDonald already had a shot at the Browns before Pettine and declined, he is not going there, that's the most dysfunctional franchise in all sports, he will go there, fail miserably and then go back to OC jobs.

Three dark horse teams to keep a eye on
Washington,Dallas,NY Giants

Agreed, Dallas fits, I was going to mention them in my previous post but I forgot. If Jerry realizes that it's in the best interest of the team for him to leave the GM job, maybe that can happen. With Jerry still calling the shots it's unlikely.

As for Washington and Giants, I don't see it.

Even Dallas, for McDaniels to turn around his HC career he will need a "new Brady", Romo is in total decline and fragile like a girl. The QB component is more of a difference maker in his decision than the GM I believe, that's why the Colts and Titans make sense, and I'm not convinced Mariota is anything yet. McDaniels can make Luck have a MVP season. Teams without a established QB are bad choices and tend to be the most dysfunctional teams.

If Mcdaniels went to the Colts it would be very hard not to root for them.

Is there a Luck-like QB prospect in this years draft?

If not I'd be looking at franchises who have a legit starting QB and a possible opening because he'd be stupid to go somewhere without a QB of the future in place.

Seems to me that the Giants (along with the Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks (unlimited funds) and Ravens) is the best job in football.

Seems to me that the Giants (along with the Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks (unlimited funds) and Ravens) is the best job in football.

Packers.

They may have a HC job available, another playoff **** up and McCarthy should be fired, If I were the GM he would be gone after the last NFCCG.

Packers.

They may have a HC job available, another playoff **** up and McCarthy should be fired, If I were the GM he would be gone after the last NFCCG.

The Packers are an amazing institution (though I'd rather live in New York).

I think he'd go to Cleveland. He's from Canton (and they are very proud of him up there, as I found out when wearing Pats gear around that town) and I think it would be a dream for him to be the guy to finally fix Cleveland.
He'd be nuts to go there as long as Johnny Football is in town. They'd have to trade him or release him before he could agree.

I guess it's inevitable that he goes. The time will never be better for him, coming off of last year's SB and working as well as anyone could expect around all the injuries this year. I've never met the guy, but I can't imagine that he doesn't want to find out whether he can succeed as an HC in the NFL. He gets a pass for his first flop, just like we all give BB a pass on his. But he won't get another.

I could see him going to almost any one of the teams mentioned, other than the Dolphins. Unlike the rat, he isn't an ungrateful bastard. In fact, I think it's reasonably likely that he leaves the Conference altogether. I'd love to see him in GB with Rodgers.

If Mcdaniels went to the Colts it would be very hard not to root for them.

If
I guess it's inevitable that he goes. The time will never be better for him, coming off of last year's SB and working as well as anyone could expect around all the injuries this year. I've never met the guy, but I can't imagine that he doesn't want to find out whether he can succeed as an HC in the NFL. He gets a pass for his first flop, just like we all give BB a pass on his. But he won't get another.

I could see him going to almost any one of the teams mentioned, other than the Dolphins. Unlike the rat, he isn't an ungrateful bastard. In fact, I think it's reasonably likely that he leaves the Conference altogether. I'd love to see him in GB with Rodgers.

If MacDaniels has learned anything from Belichick it is to never go to work for a lousy owner. Irsay is one of the worst.

Josh will have several choices. He will get good advice from top folks, including Belichick.

The obvious question is "if not now, when?"

Josh is ready, and is one of the top three choices for teams. There are many opportunities. Josh will go. (And he'll sign a lucrative contract).

If he tries and fails, he'll be welcomed back to a good team as an OC.

There is little to lose.

Luck with a good coach could be scary

I've got to confess that I'm much more interested in who the Offensive Co-ordinator will be next year. I'm betting Brian Daboll.

Packers.

If McDaniels got a chance at the Packers job, I agree that it's be a borderline no-brainer that he should take it.

Hes a good coach Mcdaniels wont be the hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes