PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Wilson: Sources: Pats leader to land Boldin [UPDATE: PATS PULL OUT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, what a suprise. I'm sure I am going to be entertained going back and reading the meltdowns since my first post in here

When did I ever say they are similar players? I was saying I'm sick of over the hill vets who are much closer to the end than their prime. I personally don't feel Mason has much left. A WR corps of Moss Mason Edelman Tate doesn't do it for me. What is so wrong with wanting to get younger and better at the same time?

Yeah, b/c I've touted Cro as one of the best CB's in the league. Wrong. I've said he is definitely worth a look for a decent draft pick or even Maroney if he's not going to be here for the long haul. It's an absolute joke that you wouldn't take Cromartie for a 3rd round pick. He is better than any CB currently on our roster and he is still in the prime of his career. Or maybe you'd prefer D'Shea Townsend, another guy at the end of the line who you'd probably call a great addition. Cromartie's upside compared to the upside of that 3rd round pick is significantly greater.

Look, the point is this. For some reason people seem to think that because I'm in favor of signing Mason, that means I think we should sign Mason and call it a day (so to speak) in terms of upgrading the WR position.

Seriously, what gives?

The fact is, this team needs veteran leadership. It needs talent badly at the WR position. Mason is a wily vet with the perfect skillset for our system who could come in for a year and give us some quality play. Whether he's the #2, #3, or #4, I don't really care. The Patriots used to dominate through these types of under the radar signings. Vets like Bobby Hamilton, Anthony Pleasant, Phifer, Otis Smith, etc. Otis Smith was a friggin 37-year-old (?) cornerback when we signed him and was an integral piece on the 2001 team.

Yet for some reason the Johnny-come-lately's on this forum find it necessary to deride the prospective signing of Mason. Which is fine, that's their prerogative. But they shouldn't be surprised to find out that many won't take them seriously as a result.

Last edited:
I pointed out the negatives because they are glaring. I guess I'll be delusional like you and say that Welker will go over 1,000 yards and have no affects from the injury. Mason and Patten will play like they are 22 and we will roll to the SB. I like to stay in reality.

What was the Patriots WR corps the first day of free agency in 2007? Let's all remember that that year they had a record setting offense. However, for the life of me I just can't remember who they had under contract that first few hours of the off season.....

Yet for some reason the Johnny-come-lately's on this forum find it necessary to deride the prospective signing of Mason. Which is fine, that's their prerogative. But they shouldn't be surprised to find out that many won't take them seriously as a result.

I'm guessing the "Johnny come latelys" are either trolls or folks who started following the Patriots in 2003 or 2004 (or later even)

What was the Patriots WR corps the first day of free agency in 2007? Let's all remember that that year they had a record setting offense. However, for the life of me I just can't remember who they had under contract that first few hours of the off season.....

Mason
Patten
Welker
Moss
Edelman

yeah we could expect a big splash! :rolleyes:

Do you really think it is reasonable to expect a Moss and Welker to fall out of the sky every year?

I pointed out the negatives because they are glaring. I guess I'll be delusional like you and say that Welker will go over 1,000 yards and have no affects from the injury. Mason and Patten will play like they are 22 and we will roll to the SB. I like to stay in reality.

Please do not fabricate statements and attribute them to me. Thanks!

Wilson's Twitter:

RavensInsider

Two sources told me Boldin deal is getting closer. Terms could be a third in 2010 and a sixth or seventh next year. Nothing done yet

Reality:

Mason's career YPC average is 12.8, and he averaged 14.1 last season, on 73 catches. He's only missed one game in the past 7 seasons, and last season's yards per game was his highest since 2004. His team, the Ravens, a team that made the playoffs this season, has made it clear that it would like him back.

He'd be vying for the WR3 job in New England, not the WR1 position.

Mason
Patten
Welker
Moss
Edelman

yeah we could expect a big splash! :rolleyes:

I'm going to assume that by refusing to answer my question you recognize how stupid you sound when you're *****ing about the WR corps on the first day of the offseason.

Please do not fabricate statements and attribute them to me. Thanks!

You said what I wrote would be the worst possible situations. Those are reality kiddo.

Stop flip flopping, I'm not putting words in your mouth.

You said what I wrote would be the worst possible situations. Those are reality kiddo.

Alright.

Then clearly you can point out the exact statements I've made that mirror the ones you've attributed to me.

When did Jack say that Patten and Mason would play like they are 22 again and Welker would go over 1000 yards with no ill effects of his injury?

I've read this entire thread, and the only one saying those things is you (by attributing them to other people).

I really hope you're not on your high school's debate team, because you're pretty bad at forming anything resembling a cogent argument.

Why are people referring to Mason as a Patriot? And by the way, it would be a terrible move if the Pats sign him.

Last edited:
Why are people referring to Mason as a Patriot? And by the way, it would be a terrible move if the Pats sign him.

Judging by this post, I can hereby conclude that signing Mason would be an excellent move!

Let's do it, BB!

Jack and his butt buddy Mcmurt live in wonderland. Stop posting logic, it offends them

I'm waiting for you to point out where I said:

a.) Welker would go over 1,000 yards and show no ill effects of injury.

b.) Mason and Patten would play like they were 22.

And that's not even taking into account that calling something "terrible" without providing any reasoning or justification doesn't exactly qualify as "logic," but I've already decided to handicap you about 50-75 IQ points so I'll let it slide.

Last edited:
We shouldn't be taking out our anger and frustration on each other. Let's turn the anger into a positive. For example, let's hunt down Revis and take a crow bar to his knees. HAHAH

Last edited:
Jack and his butt buddy Mcmurt live in wonderland. Stop posting logic, it offends them

If you can't argue without referring to somebody as a "butt-buddy", you probably shouldn't be arguing

I'm waiting for you to point out where I said:

a.) Welker would go over 1,000 yards and show no ill effects of injury

b.) Mason and Patten would play like they were 22.

And that's not even taking into account that calling something "terrible" without providing any reasoning or justification doesn't exactly qualify as "logic," but I've already decided to handicap you about 50-75 IQ points so I'll let it slide.

I never said you claimed both a/b kid. You said what I put was just the worst possible scenarios (Not word for word).

There is a strong likelihood that all those negative things happen because its the reality of it. You are beyond dumb

Last edited:
I never said you claimed both a/b kid. You said what I put was just the worst possible scenarios (Not word for word). You must be special

Here is what you wrote:

Is someone in need of a remedial reading class?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes