PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Wilson: Sources: Pats leader to land Boldin [UPDATE: PATS PULL OUT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ravens get Boldin

Are they going to re-do his contract?

Done deal: Arizona trades WR Anquan Boldin and a 2010 fifth-round pick to Baltimore for Ravens 2010 third- and fourth-round picks.

Per Schefter.

Unless something's wrong with Boldin that isn't publicly known, that's a steal of a deal for the Ravens.

MASON=Joey Galloway 2.0
how many times will you do the same thing and expect different results.

Nothing personal, but you've pretty much blown your credibility around here the last couple of days. Whether you're trolling, or just very young, you should probably just take a little break.

That's ridiculously cheap. He must have wanted to go to Baltimore. Otherwise, I can't possibly see why we "pulled out". Another potential impact guy at a position of need gone. Now we're left with Brandon Marshall, T.O., Walter, and Antonio Bryant. They'll probably all be gone within a week.

=================================================

Sounds reasonable, contract issues aside.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yeah, I'd have been more than happen to give up a 3rd and 4th for Boldin, but not sure I want his contract or his new contract demands.

You mean a 2 and 4 for us would not have gotten this done??? This dissapoints me... Peppers was not coming, but a shot at a legit wr for 2010 , not a smart move...

deep sigh........

Pats traded a 2010 third for Burgess, right? Could have come in handy ...

Unless something's wrong with Boldin that isn't publicly known, that's a steal of a deal for the Ravens.

Unless they're going to pay through the nose on a new contract.

His contract demands were probably the deciding factor in the Pats pulling out. He will be paid as a #1 WR in Bal.

You mean a 2 and 4 for us would not have gotten this done??? This dissapoints me... Peppers was not coming, but a shot at a legit wr for 2010 , not a smart move...

"We are going to win this year's super bowl"

Patsylicious March 05, 2010

Unless they're going to pay through the nose on a new contract.

The money is irrelevant to the steal aspect, although I understand your point.

Last edited:
His contract demands were probably the deciding factor in the Pats pulling out. He will be paid as a #1 WR in Bal.

Indeed. If he performs like one, we look like idiots. But meh, it's still a long offseason to go.

Pats traded a 2010 third for Burgess, right? Could have come in handy ...
That pick is irrelevant, we had plenty of draft choice value to trade had we wanted to.

All the teams around us get better and we sit still and make a huge splash with TBC. Come on, this team needs immediate help on Defense, and has obvious WR issues and we just continue to bring in guys at the end of there career. Just because we had some success a couple years with that strategy doesn't mean we should do it every year. With this tells me is that Pats FO doesn't see themselves contending next year. Our personell team looks worse every year. This defense won't be any better then LY.

This is a big wiff , by the pats , a three and and four... and they get a five and bolden back!!!!!... I back the pats decisons.. This is not one of them...

Schefter's Twitter:

Well, that didn't take long: Anquan Boldin agrees to a new four-year, $28 million contract with the Ravens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back