PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez's grievance hits the Pats cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but if i am the Patriots I still go after him as hard as they can on the grounds that he signed a contract he knew he would not be able to fulfill, and i can't see a jury or a judge concluding that he knew he wouldn't get caught.

That depends. Since we're talking about salary cap ramifications here I do believe that the judge and jury is one Roger Goodell in this situation.

What a shame that he couldn't get rid of that huge chip on his shoulder and stop moonlighting as a gang-banger. BB sure is hit and miss with personnel calls, and he had some misses this last year.

Loved the guy. Liked what he said when he signed his big contract. Thought he'd left behind the bad influences. I was wrong.

They could offer him a chance at parole.

Also, as far as the cap goes, they could get a credit in later years. For example, the Pats are getting a credit for the portion of Jonathan Fanene's signing bonus that was never paid. The credit is either this year or next year, while the actual payment was last year.

The credit is next year.

Miguel, can you please educate those of us not well versed in the CBA or the cap the future affects of "The Prisoners" contract? How will his contract affect the Pats going forward in terms of cap space and dead money, assuming the worst case scenario that the Pats can't nullify the contract?

Thanks

As of now, AH will count $7,500,000 against the Patriots cap in 2014. 2014 will be the last year he will count against the Patriots cap.

Part of his $12 million signing bonus (3.25 million) was deferred to March, 2014. I expect that the Patriots not to pay it. AH's lawyers have anticipated the same thing and have already filed a grievance.

Right now, I would plan on AH counting $7.5 million against the 2014 cap until his grievances are settled.

Where is the "Dislike" button?
Truth hurts

Yep, it's going to be a while, and the 2012 murders are going to be really hard to prove as i am guessing that the only person who can ID Hernandez as the shooter is no longer with us.

Likely so.

However I've read that the guy who tried to sue The Prisoner for the gunshot incident in FL was rumored as another possible witness to the drive by shooting murder. Probably not so, but who knows?

Isn't this guy just as good of a witness as anyone?

He was one of the survivors, and he ID'ed Hernandez immediately when he saw him on TV related to the Llyod shootings (one of the reasons why they have the grand jury currently hearing the double homicide case).

Witness claims Aaron Hernandez pulled trigger in 2012 Boston double shooting | Fox News

Isn't this guy just as good of a witness as anyone?

He was one of the survivors, and he ID'ed Hernandez immediately when he saw him on TV related to the Llyod shootings (one of the reasons why they have the grand jury currently hearing the double homicide case).

Witness claims Aaron Hernandez pulled trigger in 2012 Boston double shooting | Fox News

Thanks, Sup, if this is the case and both testify he pulled the trigger then Hernandez is in deep sh.t for the double homicide. And regardless of the CBA I think Goodell would rule in favor of the Patriots because it's not like they were looking at homicides as a common state of affairs when contracts are signed. The guilty verdict would have to come first but I have a really hard time believing that Hernandez could be convicted of a double homicide that took place before signing his new deal with the Patriots and they would simply wave it off as no harm no foul. Goodell is going to tkae public opinion heavily into account and it is all going to be on the Patrios side on this one.

So whenever Hernandez is convicted, we'll get a 7.5 million cap credit? That could be important to resigning McCourty in 2015.

So whenever Hernandez is convicted, we'll get a 7.5 million cap credit? That could be important to resigning McCourty in 2015.

I would not count on that.

I think it was irresponsible of the Pats org not to have some criminal activity clause that abrogated the contract assuming the CBA allowed this which I believe it did.

I believe that there is a GENERAL clause that is put in regarding "conduct detrimental to the NFL" (though it's not in those exact words). It's how the NFL was able to suspend Burress, Stallworth, Von Miller, and Aldon Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back