PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A thread for DANTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fleming played surprising well and, more importantly, consistent. I don't know if we'll see that every week, but it was good for one and that's all that matters on this day. The inside rookies were very good considering it was their first real action in the league. Thuney played especially well in both phases. Andrews was up-and-down. He did some good things, but he also got bullied on a few plays and the tripping was bad. Cannon was more like the Cannon we know than the Cannon we saw have a decent TC and preseason. Two sacks, a bad holding call that kept NE from taking advantage of DPI in the end zone, multiple pressures . . . he needs more work. I just think he is what he is, though.

Dante is definitely a good thing. I look for the line to improve. RT will be a concern for me all season, unless I see stark improvement (which I don't know if I should expect). We'll see.

Dante is definitely a good thing. I look for the line to improve. RT will be a concern for me all season, unless I see stark improvement (which I don't know if I should expect). We'll see.

Solder back = Fleming to RT?

Solder back = Fleming to RT?
I doubt it. The team seems to be sold on Cannon at RT. They really like him. They always have for some reason. He had a pretty good start to his career, and that coincided with Scar. We'll see now. I was not expecting him morph into a Pro Bowler just because Scar is back, but I was expecting more last night after a pretty decent TC and preseason.

I certainly didn't expect him to look as bad in stretches as he did though. The holding on the Amendola DPI drove me nuts. And though they moved Jones around a lot, it still seemed like they rushed him mostly on Cannon's side. That's clearly where they felt the advantage was for him to rush. Cannon flat out just needs to be better. He's going to get one of the two QB's destroyed if he doesn't get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents