PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A setback and a step back for Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blown out of proportion, IMO. It's essentially talking about just that one fumble. Granted it couldn't have happened at a worst time, but it's still 2 fumbles in over 400 carries.

The fumble was indeed a rare thing for Maroney but the other parts of the article were interesting,although a fumble agaisnt the Colts in the end zone will always raise an eyebrow or two.

No doubt in my mind if we had a strong and fully healthy RB corps last week,we win the game...easily

We understand you hate Maroney and he sucks. Got it, thanks, probably after the first 989 threads on the topic.

Last edited:
This article makes it seem like Maroney does not come through when it matters when that's farthest from the truth. 2007 Playoffs say hello.

Blown out of proportion, IMO. It's essentially talking about just that one fumble. Granted it couldn't have happened at a worst time, but it's still 2 fumbles in over 400 carries.

very costly no excuses

No doubt in my mind if we had a strong and fully healthy RB corps last week,we win the game...easily

of course.....

refs did not help us either

Colts will not get far in playoffs they have been exposed.:)

you guys wouldnt be happy with adrian peterson as your runningback....owww

you guys wouldnt be happy with adrian peterson as your runningback....owww

If I had a RB like Petey...... I would immediately sacrifice a Moss type player for him.

I like being strong in both running and solid in the passing game.

I love Moss..... but to have a dominant RB and other solid receivers minus Moss..... you are the team to beat.

If I had a RB like Petey...... I would immediately sacrifice a Moss type player for him.

I like being strong in both running and solid in the passing game.

Johnathan Dwyer or CJ Spiller would be a nice catch next april

Yeah... or if Stephen Neal hadn't been injured... or if Nick Kaczur hadn't laid an egg... or if the play calling on both sides of the ball hadn't taken a dump...

Weiss anyone?

I am still not sold on the current O-coordinator.

Weiss was great w/ Brady but not as good as Josh. Just sayin

Weiss anyone?

I am still not sold on the current O-coordinator.

Weiss was great w/ Brady but not as good as Josh. Just sayin

There is no current offensive coordinator. O'Brien is still the quarterbacks coach. :cool: But yes, I'm not high on the play calling either... especially in the second half.

A setback and a step back for Maroney. - Quincy, MA - The Patriot Ledger

Good article which pretty much tells what little we have without Morris and Taylor :(....

This article was about as dumb as it gets on so many levels...

It's also as if none of you were around for the early Faulk years...

HarkDawg said:

Peterson likely wouldn't have the yardage here he does in Minnesota because fumbling on average every other game in his young career (17 to date) Bill wouldn't utilize him as consistently...

He doesn't provide nearly enough value for Bill either at $40M+ or 5 times the cost of Maroney... Peterson averages .8 ypc more than Maroney at 5 times the cost, while fumbling the rock every 46 touches compared to Maroney every...241.

He doesn't provide nearly enough value for Bill either at $40M+ or 5 times the cost of Maroney... Peterson averages .8 ypc more than Maroney at 5 times the cost, while fumbling the rock every 46 touches compared to Maroney every...241.

If you've ever seen the two of them play, you would know that Peterson is INFINITELY better/more valuable than Maroney. And it's really not even debatable...

Fumble rate - When you break tackles every run fighting for yards after contact, always punish defenders, and have guys hanging all over you like Peterson does, you're bound to fumble at a higher rate than someone who consistently goes down at first contact like Maroney.

Salary - If people like Adalius Thomas have a place on this team, I'm sure Bill could put up with Peterson's salary. There are worse places to invest than franchise running back.

YPC -First of all, don't downplay the "only" 0.8 ypc Peterson has over Maroney. In the NFL that makes a hell of a difference.

very costly no excuses

You never make excuses for mistakes, that's true. You learn from them and move on.

But to use that fumble as an attack on Maroney is like saying Brady is losing it because of that interception in the end zone. It's a costly mistake, but in NO way signifies the norm for the player.

This article was about as dumb as it gets on so many levels...

It's also as if none of you were around for the early Faulk years...

Well said and I totally agree.
I don't agree about Peterson though the guy is the best I've seen since Barry Sanders.

I haven't read any further than your post and it might have been said since.

This is the first article I've read by this guy. And just based on that unintelligent piece of garbage I have two things to say.
1. I'll never read anything by him again, well intentionally anyways.
2. Glen Farley is just an ass and as I've said I only read one article by him.

I don't get it. Maroney played a decent game, except for the fumble in the end zone. Brady played a decent game, except for the int in the endzone. Now, if you don't like Maroney for his whole body of work, fine, but if you're taking something against Maroney from the Colts game, you're just seeing what you wanted to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes