Welcome to PatsFans.com

A Patriots Blog

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Miguel, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Miguel

Miguel Patriots Salary Cap Guru PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +176 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

2. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm giving this a bump. A really great read found by a respected poster that hasn't generated the discussion I believe it could.

I get a kick out of the fact he refers to Philly as "down there" already.

Stallworth's good people, and we NE fans will soon learn that.
  3. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +139 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

Brain Westbrook was on NFL network last night and he said (paraphrasing) that he would really miss Stallworth and that he really helped their offense and would be missed. I like Westbrook a lot and I think he would fit on the Patriots well and is a great team guy so that made me feel better about Stallworth since he wasn't asked about him but came forward with it on his own unprompted.
  4. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

Pires does a nice job. Bump-worthy, for sure.
  5. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

Although it invariably comes out sounding like a back handed insult when you say these things, I was impressed with how well-spoken Stallworth is.

I'm assuming Pires wasn't taking too much liberties with his "transcript", but even if he were, the types of insights and consideration to the answers to his questions show that Stallworth is much more than just a fast WR.

If he were a dumb, fast, skilled guy I'd still be happy to have him - but the fact that this guy actually has a brain, unlike a lot of pro athletes, is a huge bonus for us.

Also, I think its clear he really wasn't slamming Philly for not bringing him back. Frankly he probably realizes that they have another, cheaper deep threat on the team now - although I do wonder to what extent having Stallworth on one side of the field helps other WRs improve their stats.

For that reason alone I think having him and the deep threat he provides is going to have the net result of raising everyone's yards after the catch, improve RB stats, and ease pressure on Brady. It will be difficult to draw a direct line between his play and the improved play of others, but I expect it will happen - if he can stay healthy.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  6. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

A portion of the blog from Reiss:

This is old news
  7. ChoWZa

ChoWZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Sounds like Superbowl talk.