PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A NFL.com chat with Willie McGinest (Transcript)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The man has a load of class and very respectful of this organization - I would love to see him come back or at least get added on sometime in the season to have a shot at a 4th ring - Our Pass Rush has been non existent since he left,Not saying he can do that anymore but his presence would be great in the locker room.

NFL Live Chat

I thought the comment with Seau and him sharing #55 was pretty good :)

Just no room for the old man anymore. Willie was the man, but his skills are way beyond the point of erosion. His tank has been empty for awhile now.

What a great interview! Loved every word. (Splitting the 55 with Junior; telling the high-school linebacker to outwork his opponent ...)

The man has a load of class and very respectful of this organization - I would love to see him come back or at least get added on sometime in the season to have a shot at a 4th ring - Our Pass Rush has been non existent since he left,Not saying he can do that anymore but his presence would be great in the locker room.

NFL Live Chat

Maybe it's just me, but I thought the one about coaching said a lot. He either misunderstood the question or his response was not too bright for a guy angling to come back here... I do believe he was one of the last of the (pre BB culture of entitlement) mohicans, none of whom save Tedy ever fully bought in to the system trumps talent mantra. Which is why the only way he'd be back here was if he could play meaningful snaps. And imposing persona aside, he was never quite the locker room guy the media and fans made him out to be IMO. At least not where the system was concerned.

Broc , Newport Beach, Ca 05:19 PM ET
Who was the smartest coach you have ever played for, from pop warner thru your nfl tenure?

Willie McGinest, Linebacker
Wow, that's a hard question, Broc. Have to be more than one. Belichick is one of them. High school, coach Don Norford was great. In college, I'd have to give it coach John Robinson.

It's hard to say, a lot of big time coaches. I would even have to say the whole Parcells, Belichick staff.

His comments on the Raiders and JETS and their chances given his assessment of their QB's leads me to believe he's either already played too long or perhaps acting would be a better career choice than playing or commentating...

NFL Live Chat

:confused:

The Patriots were #2 in the NFL in sacks in 2007, #5 in 2006. In 2005, McGinest's last season as a Patriot, the team was just #23.

Doesn't seem like he's been gone as long as he has. I miss Willie. Time flies. And it ain't kind to old OLBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes