PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A new Patriot...PSqder punter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
BelichickFan said:
I went back and read the Pro Football Weekly writeup, he was a very strong legged guy before a knee injury. If we can keep him on the PS and if his strength is back to where it was, he's interesting competition for Miller who is getting old and may be worthy of a competitor next year.

It could be the most singularly bizarre move ever… just when I say “I will never be surprised again†they continue to be baffling. I can’t see the punter being here past the Buffalo game. Maybe they can bring in Henson to carry Brady’s water, amazing turn of events from their Michigan days.

RayClay said:
Lightbulb just went on. Maybe working out Faulk's replacent at PR?, (I hope).

QUOTE]

I hope so, too.

I'm sad to say that I no longer trust Kevin Faulk, esp. late in the game, or in our own territory.

Miller is dinged up IMO. He was limping a bit after the Bengals game and his punts against Miami were not as long as usual.

Miller so far this season:
Week 1: AVG 45.8 LONG 56
Week 2: AVG 52.7 LONG 61
Week 3: AVG 43.7 LONG 53
Week 4: AVG 41.7 LONG 53
Week 5: AVG 36.4 LONG 46

It´s just an insurance and maybe they do not want to use Miller during practice and make the injury worse. I doubt they will keep this guy once Miller is okay again.

cstjohn17 said:
This is a strange one, Miller is signed to 2 more years and has been doing a solid job. Maybe we will be employing some 2 Punter formations...

Unless Miller is nicked up it is hard to explain this move.

I'm thinking they may just be trying to save Miller's leg a bit.

Is it off that NIller was NOT Felger's guest this week??? His weekly appearance cancelled?? Maybe he is dinged up..and that is part of the cover...Interesting...

According to Reiss, Belichick explained today they wanted to check out some younger punters when the weather made punting more difficult. Belichick presented the move as mostly preparing for next season and evaluating potential backups, however they have to be thinking about someone who could also backup Gostkowski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News