PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A 7 round mock that I'd be happy about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A 7 rond mock that I's be happy about.

Take a look: Our NFL draft guru predicts all seven rounds - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

I'm not happy with Studivant. Picking up Jordon. Watkins, Ingram and Hankerson is almost ideal. Getting Cannon so late bodes very well for our OL next year.

I'm not really sold on Ingram/ Watkins. Although Watkins is a plug and play type guy, I think this is a solid draft for guards and we can do just as well later. I like the pick of Sturdevant, i'm not sure that I don't like Kelvin Sheppard better. KJ Wright was a nice pick. Solid draft.

Jordan - meh.
Watkins - overdrafted.
Ingram - value.
Hankerson - and people cry over Tate dropping balls, fail.
Sturdivant - bust, and it ain't in Canton.
KJ Wright - clearly this man does not understand how a NE 3-4 works.
Cannon? - pundits (and Nuts) learn nothing from the O'Callaghan experiment.
Fusco - the first clear cut win.
DeAndre Brown? - bust.

This draft has fail encoded into it's DNA.

Jordan - meh.
Watkins - overdrafted.
Ingram - value.
DeAndre Brown? - bust.

I understand your disappoitment in that he didn't pick Karl Klug at #60. :cool:

Jordan is not worthy of the first pick for the Pats....if he is there in the 20s then fine

I understand your disappoitment in that he didn't pick Karl Klug at #60. :cool:
If he'd picked him at #17 it would have made more sense for NE.

Jordan - meh.
Watkins - overdrafted.
Ingram - value.
DeAndre Brown? - bust.

I like the Ingram and Hankerson picks myself, everything else is either "eh" or "fail". With our first three picks, we should be taking care of DE, OLB, and OG. There's no other way around that. I like Ingram, but we can still find a quality RB later on in the draft.

Last edited:

Jordan - meh.
Watkins - overdrafted.
Ingram - value.
DeAndre Brown? - bust.

Hankerson has exceptional hands.. He caught everything thrown his way during the Senior Bowl practices and games...

Jordan - meh.
Watkins - overdrafted.
Ingram - value.
DeAndre Brown? - bust.

Hankerson is most definitely NOT a fail.

I am disappointed in thee, Rocks.

If he'd picked him at #17 it would have made more sense for NE.

That's the thing about the draft. Everyone is right about the players that they think are great. It takes 6 months to a year to find out if they are wrong and then no one remembers.*

*execpt there are some who do remember things like, for instance, how right I was about Clay Matthews and how wrong you were about conner Barwin. So, this year it will be how right I am about Cam Jordon,Pro Bowl OLB of the NE Patriots. And how wrong you were about Karl Klug, who I have ranked as a 6th round ILB, is a nice special teams player.

The pick of Sturdivant makes no sense. The Pats are actually fairly deep at ILB with Mayo, Spikes, Guyton, Fletcher.

I don't see the Pats picking Watkins with Wilkerson still on the board. Watkins is 27. Yes, he's good, but it's unlikely the Pats will get 10 years out of him.

I don't like Ingram for the Pats. Why do we need a BJGE clone whose hands aren't as good?

The Hankerson pick is extremely good value at 60 regardless of what Box thinks.. :snob:

Wright doesn't fit the mold of what the Pats look for in an OLB. He's got great straight-line speed, but no sand in his pants for setting the edge and he's got issues in coverage.

Marcus Cannon - The Pats don't usually go for Roadgrading OTs. They did with O'Callaghan and parted ways because of his concussions and the fact he got beat out by LeVoir. That he's been diagnosed with Non-Hodkins Lymphoma probably drops him intro UDFa Territory.

Fusco - Great value there

DeAndre Brown - Gotta agree with Box that this one is a real head-scratcher.

nm..................

Last edited:

*execpt there are some who do remember things like, for instance, how right I was about Clay Matthews and how wrong you were about conner Barwin. So, this year it will be how right I am about Cam Jordon,Pro Bowl OLB of the NE Patriots. And how wrong you were about Karl Klug, who I have ranked as a 6th round ILB, is a nice special teams player. [/SIZE]

BOR isn't wrong about Barwin yet. . . . After all, Houston drafted him to play him at 4-3 end, which didn't make tons of sense.

I'm more than fine with Jordan, Watkins and Ingram.

HANKERSON at 60 is awful. I would have picked REED, ot CARPENTER or GILCREST. I have cconfidence that Belichick will do much better for us after 33 than this writer.

Last edited:

Hankerson has exceptional hands.. He caught everything thrown his way during the Senior Bowl practices and games...

Hankerson is most definitely NOT a fail.

I am disappointed in thee, Rocks.
My lying eyes had a larger sample size then the Senior Bowl. I've seen the big plays you guys are drooling about, and I've seen the drive killers. He reminds me of Chris Chambers, spectacular catch one moment, followed by a series of drops to kill the team's hopes.
Hankerson isn't an elite speed receiver and is prone to drops. Both issues held him back at the Senior Bowl, where he mostly blended with the crowd, and scouts left his pro day workout in March wondering if he's truly as fast as he timed (4.41 seconds in the 40-yard dash after a 4.40 at the combine).

"I feel like I need to work on getting in and out of my breaks, turning my hips, focusing and just making plays and finished after the catch," Hankerson said.
Truly, with all the carping about Brandon Tate's drops last season, this forum should be rioting over the suggestion NE would draft this kid. For a guy who was mentored by Mark Duper and Chris Carter, Hankerson on my TV screen can be summed up in two words, "oops," thud. Do Not Want.

*execpt there are some who do remember things like, for instance, how right I was about Clay Matthews and how wrong you were about conner Barwin. So, this year it will be how right I am about Cam Jordon,Pro Bowl OLB of the NE Patriots. And how wrong you were about Karl Klug, who I have ranked as a 6th round ILB, is a nice special teams player.
Sebastian Vollmer says, "pretty hair boy look like Jane, play like Jane, cry like fellow locked in shed."

My lying eyes had a larger sample size then the Senior Bowl. I've seen the big plays you guys are drooling about, and I've seen the drive killers. He reminds me of Chris Chambers, spectacular catch one moment, followed by a series of drops to kill the team's hopes.Truly, with all the carping about Brandon Tate's drops last season, this forum should be rioting over the suggestion NE would draft this kid. For a guy who was mentored by Mark Duper and Chris Carter, Hankerson on my TV screen can be summed up in two words, "oops," thud. Do Not Want.

I'm not referring to the Senior Bowl.

He played very very well for a horrendous Hurricanes team with utter poop at QB.

The guy is going to be a talent in the NFL.

I'm not referring to the Senior Bowl.

He played very very well for a horrendous Hurricanes team with utter poop at QB.

The guy is going to be a talent in the NFL.
Utter poop often looks like what the dog left when your receivers drop your passes. ;)

Utter poop often looks like what the dog left when your receivers drop your passes. ;)

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if BB takes Allen Bailey or Hankerson.

There's a lot of talent, hopefully not damaged irreparably by Miami's terrible coaching staff.

Sebastian Vollmer says, "pretty hair boy look like Jane, play like Jane, cry like fellow locked in shed."

You mean "Junge mit hübschen Haare sehen aus wie Jane, gespielt wie Jane, schreit wie Kerl gesperrt in Schuppen." ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST