PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

98.5 The Sports Hub: Welker has torn ACL [Schefter: and MCL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's pretty safe to worry about his effectiveness, post-surgery and rehab. Welker is all about quickness, wonder if we'll ever see that same quickness again.

I'm physically sick. Poor Wes. This is awful.

I think it's pretty safe to worry about his effectiveness, post-surgery and rehab. Welker is all about quickness, wonder if we'll ever see that same quickness again.

Absolutely. Despite all the advances in medicine related to these types of injuries, it will be a long road back for someone who relies so heavily on quickness. This is not a pocket QB coming back from this injury.

Anybody know if we're allowed to sign an extra wide receiver right now for the playoffs? and is there anybody worth signing right now?

cause i cant see aiken being consistent enough to be our #3 in the playoffs

Anybody know if we're allowed to sign an extra wide receiver right now for the playoffs? and is there anybody worth signing right now?

Yeah, we can sign whoever the hell we want. This isn't the MLB.

I'm sick to my stomach... after the pounding and the 300 pound heart Weker's shown from day one, this is ludicrous.

But thinking forward (gotta do it)... who's available at this point?

Do we go after a QB to leave Stanback as strictly a WR?

All I can say is I hope for a quick as possible recovery. He is such a great player. All he does is catch a bunch of passes, takes a pounding, and keeps is mouth shut. Hope for a speedy recovery Wes.... You da man

Absolutely. Despite all the advances in medicine related to these types of injuries, it will be a long road back for someone who relies so heavily on quickness. This is not a pocket QB coming back from this injury.

No, but he's a ****ing warrior.

If the Patriots had 53 guys with Welker's determination, they'd make the 59-0 against Tennessee look like a squeaker.

I truly believe that if there's anything to fear, it's that he'll come back too soon.

Yeah, we can sign whoever the hell we want. This isn't the MLB.

Well, anyone who's already a free agent (or clears waivers). Someone upthread suggested TO, but that can't happen until the offseason.

This isn't baseball. The Pats are allowed to add a player off the street if they want.

The question is whether or not that person would be able to do anything for the team. Unless its Deion Branch (still with Seattle) , Troy Brown (maybe a couple years off did him good), Reche Caldwell (Is he out of BB's dog house?), David Patten (not sure if he's in the BB doghouse still or not) , or David Givens (still trying to get healthy) , my guess is no.

The one option on the team is Darnell Jenkinis. Who is a small, physical type receiver who is 5'9" and supposedly relies on his quickess and toughness to make plays.. The issue with Jenkins coming out was that he tended to let too many balls get into his body, so he had the dropsies. Another option could be H-Back/TE Rob Myers..

My guess is that Stanback and Edelman get used more at WR during practices and that Watson also gets flanked out more..

http://www.nfl.com/players/search?c...ceAbbr=null&playerType=current&conference=ALL

Having reviewed that, there are some very interesting names out there. Drew Bennett, Bobby Engram, Robert Ferguson, DJ Hackett, just to name a few. Its a matter of whether they have anything left..

Last edited:
Any chance Bam Childress is waiting for the phone to ring?

I am only half kidding.

Don't basketball players come back from this injury? They rely on quickness too. I am desperate for some hope for Wes's career. The image of him crying on the bench is f'in killing me.

Re: 98.5 The Sports Hub: Welker has torn ACL

So he will be on ir next year?

....most likely, but it will depend on how he recovers, and if they have any hope of having him for the playoffs next season. ACL and MCL for a receiver will be tough to see the guy next year.

Devastating!

What's Reche Caldwell up to these days?

I bet he's keeping his eyes wide for a chance to get back on a team's 53...

Well, anyone who's already a free agent (or clears waivers). Someone upthread suggested TO, but that can't happen until the offseason.

Obviously...

Don't basketball players come back from this injury? They rely on quickness too. I am desperate for some hope for Wes's career. The image of him crying on the bench is f'in killing me.

I was just going to say this.

I have seen PGs come back, guys who rely on quick cuts.

That being said, to expect him to get to that level next season is too much.

I did see bball players who tore it come back and not play as well for the next season. It was a 2 year process for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back