PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

68K Rain Soaked Screaming Maniacs Didn't Seem to Have "Playoff Fatigue" Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a perfect storm (pardon the pun) last night.

-Lot of excitement around this team which (IMO) is a bit of an underdog right now.

-The place was buzzing before the game but the Dennard INT and TD really got the crowd going.

-For some reason, crappy weather gets the crowd going. Part of it might be that the really dedicated fans brave the conditions and the Merlot and Brie crowd stay home.

This could not be more true. I had an extra ticket and tried for days to get someone to go...most of them were too afraid of the weather and passed...even though the ticket was a $174 lower level seat and was FREE. Finally, one of my die hard buddies decided to go and we all had a blast. For the most part, only the die hards are willing to endure such crappy weather for their team.(not always but mostly IMO)...Anyone that goes to a Pats game at Gillette should NOT have a voice the next day...if you do, then you are doing something wrong.

This game was in the top 5 in terms of loudness and fan enthusiasm that I have ever seen and we have had season tickets since 1994.

Just a couple of thought from the game. Most of the heavy rain occurred earlier in the day. The rain during the game wasn't bad at all.

As for the crowd, those of us that were there made a ton of noise, but there were tons of empty seats and tickets were readily available throughout the week so I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "stick-it-to-the-Globe" type of game day crowd.

I think I went to a different game than you.

i have some, just not sure how to post them. I was in the red seats sat night, first time ever, and we stood the whole game. Incredible loudness, total wickedness!

pretty please????????????

but there were tons of empty seats and tickets were readily available throughout the week so I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "stick-it-to-the-Globe" type of game day crowd.

:confused: You're right, there were tons of empty seats before the crowd arrived. As for "tickets being readily available," the game was sold out.

I had heard that 90% of season ticket holders purchased their playoff tickets. If so, weren't there a majority of season ticket holders there?

What ever the case, you guys that were there totally ROCKED THE HOUSE :rocker:

Yes. Not sure what Gronkadez is talking about. There were no empty seats near me (Sec. 236). Even the red seats were filled pretty good for most of the game.

Maybe the stupid media is one reason Barkley said the area is spoiled regarding pats

We gotta win this week but if we do we all need to take over Greenbeans Stadium and make it our home turf for the SB. Oh man we are so close, how great will it be to win a Super Bowl in the Jets stadium. We will have better memories in their stadium than them.

Maybe the stupid media is one reason Barkley said the area is spoiled regarding pats

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!

He's a former basketball player from the 1980's.

I'll give odds that he was sitting in the press box or mingling before the game with Dan Shaughnessy (who was a Celtics beat writer and is stuck in the 1980's). I'm sure he got an earful of how blase and spoiled the "Patriots fanboys" are.

His quotes sound eerily vintage CHB.

Bumped, in case anyone wanted to see a couple of quick vids from Saturday night.

As for the crowd, those of us that were there made a ton of noise, but there were tons of empty seats and tickets were readily available throughout the week so I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "stick-it-to-the-Globe" type of game day crowd.

I didn't see tons of empty seats

Hail to all Patsfan 12th men!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back