PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

5-3 still 1st in the division

Status
Not open for further replies.
we just need to beat Buffalo and we win the division. Bills and Jets will fade down the stretch.
Actually, only tied for first, and second if you apply tie-breaker rules. Since it's a three-way tie, you toss head-to-head out the window and go by division records, which means the Jets are in 1st place :eek: , Pats in second and Bills in 3rd.

Edit: Oops, I was wrong. Head-to-head still applies in a 3-way tie.

Last edited:
Jets are in 1st place because head to head does not come into play untill all the div. games are completed, and the Jets have a better div record then the Bills and Pats.
Pats in 2nd, then bills 3rd and Miami one game back

Jets= 5-3 (2-1 div)

Pats= 5-3 (1-1) div)

Bills= 5-3 (0-2 div)

Miami= 4-4 (2-1 div)

Just want to keep things clear.:)

Makes sense right?

Edit: because I messed up.

WRONG.

The first tie breaker is not division record.

NFL Tie-Breaking Procedures

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).

Patriots 1-0 100%
Jets 1-1 50%
Bills 0-1 0%

Second tie breaker is division.

yeah i just don't think the jets will do it, we'll see

i think miami's got that division, despite being in last.

Miami? That's just your way of justifying the Chargers loosing to them.

You're transparent.

The NFL nver does a good job with tiebreakers on their site. The way the rules work Jets are actually in 1st place today. Because the Bills and Pats have yet to play the 1st tiebreaker that would be used is divisional record and the Jets have the best of the 3. The way ties work in the NFL is that is 1 team is better than all the others they are tied with they win the tiebreaker outright rather than just knocking off the lowest team and then redoing the procedure(where the Jets would lose because of the head to head with NE).

That's if you're looking at the standings page for the league as a whole, in which case they go by alphabetical listings. I can't recall ever seeing wrong ordering on the Division page.

Quoting directly from NFL.com:
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

As far as the NFL is concerned, it is irrelevant that the Pats and Bills haven't played.

WRONG.

The first tie breaker is not division record.

NFL Tie-Breaking Procedures

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

Patriots 1-0 100%
Jets 1-1 50%
Bills 0-1 0%

Second tie breaker is division.

=======================================================

What you are saying would be accurate if all the division games had already been played, but they haven't.

As it is now mid season you go by division record then head to head.

No real difference one way or the other, other then bragging rights.

Peace.

=======================================================

What you are saying would be accurate if all the division games had already been played, but they haven't.

As it is now mid season you go by division record then head to head.

You have some rational or authority for that outlandish claim. If the playoffs were held today NE Pats win the AFCE and are the number 3 seed. Raven are the #5 seed. Bills are the #6 seed. And the Jets are playing golf.

Miami will fade despite their easy schedule, because even though they have some talent they are early enough in the rebuilding process that they have no depth. Injuries will kill them eventually.

You have some rational or authority for that outlandish claim. If the playoffs were held today NE Pats win the AFCE and are the number 3 seed. Raven are the #5 seed. Bills are the #6 seed. And the Jets are playing golf.

======================================================

You always come off grumpy, but thats cool.

Any way check this out NFL,com finnaly got it right, as in I am right and you Sir are wrong.

NFL Standings: Division

Happy B-Day to me.:singing:

Really or are you busting him? :confused:

If real - many more happy returns of the day.
If not - ...well...have a nice day.

:cool:

========================================================

It's true, It's my BD, I would never BS you guys, so thank you

l_7b999b055371491e823a3657a1516bed.jpg

:D:D;), I really dont care to argue who is in first now, but its fun to joke around about

l_7b999b055371491e823a3657a1516bed.jpg

:D:D;), I really dont care to argue who is in first now, but its fun to joke around about

===================================================

According to that spread sheet the Jets have the 3rd best record in the AFC and the best in the AFCE.

Where's Hoodie?:disagreement:

===================================================

According to that spread sheet the Jets have the 3rd best record in the AFC and the best in the AFCE.

Where's Hoodie?:disagreement:

Even better. If the season ended today, you'd get to be disgraced in the playoffs at your home-that-isn't-really-home. :D

even better. If the season ended today, you'd get to be disgraced in the playoffs at your home-that-isn't-really-home. :d

================================================

zing..:)

thats good enough for me

thats good enough for me

====================================================

Yea, Pats being 2nd in the division isn't that bad. Buffalo is a good team and the Pats are still in front of them.

Thing is I think it is going to take 11 wins for the Pats to earn a wild card, and that is still posible.

.....Buffalo and the Jests have better odds to win the division than we do............
Is this true? Assuming you didn't just make this up, what are the odds for each AFCE team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back