PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49er guard Alex Boone possibly available

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me the guys we need to lock up for 2015 are Revis & McCourty. Everyone else including Gostkowski is expendable to that end. However the guys I want to keep as well are Gost, Siliga, Develin Vereen & Cannon. We should be able to do that though.

Solder is locked up for 2015 I think and you can decide then. Personally I see him as a 8-9M player at LT. He is good but should not command elite money cause he is not elite. If he wants goes beyond that you might need to cut bait. The good thing after this year if he does not look like he is in your range you can draft a OT high in that draft and give him a year to learn.

Wouldn't offer anything higher than a 3rd and no more than $4m per.
These are the exact numbers I had in mind. Unfortunately, I'm thinking the asking prices would be more like a 2nd and $7M a year. At that point, a team would basically be paying for Boone twice, once to obtain him and then another to end his holdout.

yes, Mankins is in the lineup because he's under contract. Next year he won't be under contract..

Huh?

That's the first I have heard of Mankins being in a contract year.

Huh?

That's the first I have heard of Mankins being in a contract year.

TC probably expects Mankins to be cut next year (which, I believe, is the first year that the Pats can cut him and save).

shameless bump due to recent developments

should be noted that our friends down in Tampa apparently inquired about Boone before going with the Mankins deal. Boone might be a little to costly in the compensation (for the niners) department but none the less I want to be the first to say I told you so if a deal does get done :D

Recent reports are that the 49ers really don't want to trade Boone, don't want to be seen as giving in to his demands, and want an offer that blows them away (likely either a 1st or 2nd round pick), so I don't view this as likely. But I'd love it to happen.

It's all speculation, but in a "best case" scenario if Wright and Worthy work out and the Pats trade for Boone, then they could solve long-term issues at DT, move TE and interior OL. That would be impressive. Of course, the Boone trade could not materialize and they could end up with 2 JAGs. Time will tell.

Never gonna happen...

BB doesn't believe in putting a lot of $$$ invested in the Guard position. Besides Mankins, every guard that's came by here pretty much been a UDFA or a journeyman player

PFT says that the Bucs called SF before trading for Mankins. So you can only imagine how high the 49ers asking price is if the Bucs passed on that trade and instead traded away a 4th and a young TE for a 32 year old 6+ million a year LG!

PFT says that the Bucs called SF before trading for Mankins. So you can only imagine how high the 49ers asking price is if the Bucs passed on that trade and instead traded away a 4th and a young TE for a 32 year old 6+ million a year LG!

As well as Boone's asking price. Mankins won't be on that contract for long, while Boone is looking for a ridiculous contract. The Patriots didn't clear cap space to trade for another guard who's only going to cost more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft