PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3000 unsold tickets to Pats at Dolphins, week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay; any alternate suggestions then?

For you? I think Finheaven would be a great place for you! It's full of arrogant, teen posters... who want to ban everyone who hints the Dolphins might not be best team in the league every year. you'll fit right in, other than not being a fan. lol

In what alternate universe is missing the playoffs with back-to-back losing seasons better year back-to-back division titles and making the playoffs?

:confused:

Fine. There are 31 losers each year.... and the last two years, you've been a higher ranked loser than the Dolphins. Feel better? :) lol

I don't mind trolls. I hate bad trolls. You're a bad troll, so far. Get back to me when you improve.

I'm so wounded!!! Oh! How will I ever recover from this stunning put down??? :singing:

[.

Anyway... sorry to write a book to your one liner question. But that's why I came... to talk a little about my team. :)[/QUOTE]
Thats a fair acessment. I agree with most of it. However, I think your QB needs to go, and Reggie, well, lets just say I hope he works out for ya. BTW. Tuna sucks, Just my humble opinion. Good for the team he's gone.

Seriously? Folks here are fine with your basic joshing, et al, but it really and truly helps if you interject something that passes for at least College-level humor.

Oh! I see the trouble. You thought that was humor, rather than simple honesty! lol

If your intention is to get banned, then you are well on your way to the goal.

Now it's my turn. Seriously? lol Come on... have a little more balls than a teenage girl dude! :) I realize I didn't grow up in Bahston.... but honestly, what I've said and done here passes for "gentle" where I grew up. hehe

Like for serious, what happens if you have to sit next to an opposing teams fan at the game? Do you just take your little heated stadium padded seat cover and go home? lol

We entertain all sorts of opposing team's fans here, and welcome them with reasonably open arms provided they remain at least civil and talk football.

Happy to do so (talk football)... when I'm allowed. But it seems to me I got open season declared on me.... and it's unreasonable to expect someone to shut up and take it. :)

I know that Florida public schools are somewhat lacking, so I thought it best to educate you just a little.

Well fortunately, considering Emmit Smith is a U of F grad.... I've never been in a Florida school. lol

Bill must a caught Emmit's eloquence on some ESPN broadcast, and thought "hey! thats where I need to draft the type of intelligent players it takes to play in this league. Florida!" hehe

The NFL gave Miami a francise to ....amuse the the rest of the league, much like the Jets. It's kinda like teasing a cat with a ball of string. See, simple logic. :D

Funny... that what they used to say about the Patriots, up til Bill got his hands on a camcorder. LOL

I live in south Florida. Among these fair-weather fans, the support for their teams is about an inch deep. One of the main sports talk stations, I think it's 790 the ticket (or maybe 760?), has an evening drive-time talk show host who is a Patriots fan, and his sidekick is a Colts fan. I think that they tried to get a Dolphins fan on the air, but Dolphins fans are hard to find.

Thats a fair acessment. I agree with most of it. However, I think your QB needs to go,

Thanks. I do try to be fair.... and don't feel like I'm a orange & aqua glasses wearer.

I was of the same opinion as you (on Henne) at the end of the season last year. Ugly. But honestly... he hasn't looked like the same guy in Daboll's O this preseason (yes I know, meaningless).

He's always had a cannon for an arm... and by all accounts has a good head on his shoulders.... but honestly he's looked like the same guy he was in college. Consistently inconsistent.

Time will tell.... and if he fails this season, I'm sure the next coach will bid him a fond adieu, before drafting one in the first round next year. But based on what I've seen out of Henne so far this year.... he deserves this season as a chance to reverse things. He's looked much improved.

and Reggie, well, lets just say I hope he works out for ya.

As I said in my write up, don't drink the feature back koolaid. If that's what it takes (calling him a feature back) to get Reggie to consistently spend hours after every practice this summer... catching balls on the juggs machine, pushing around the blocking sled on his own, and running sprints.... it's cheap at double the price. :) From what I've read, this was not his habits in New Orleans... so he seems to be taking this as his big chance to rewrite his career story.

As for what he brings... he brings the fastest RB on the Miami Dolphins since Mercury Morris... and unlike Morris, Reggie can catch! He's been turning Chad Henne check downs into 15 and 20 yarders all preseason (meaningless)... and if they don't overuse him to the point durability becomes an issue (like it isn't already?? hehe) I think he'll be a big addition to the team.

BTW. Tuna sucks, Just my humble opinion. Good for the team he's gone.

I think that's a little strong. I think Parcells is a good influence on a team just starting a rebuild project. But after a certain point... his dogmatic beliefs become a big hindrance. Yes you need the big cornfed linemen... but speed has it's place as well... and with Parcells, you get the feeling he'd draft half linebackers and half lineman in every draft for 10 years if he had the option too. lol

I agree... in the Dolphins case, it's good he's gone. Appreciate the work and foundation he left.... now go annoy folk on ESPN for a while. hehe

Last edited:
Funny... that what they used to say about the Patriots, up til Bill got his hands on a camcorder. LOL

This is why we aren't taking you seriously.

I think Parcells is a good influence on a team just starting a rebuild project. But after a certain point... his dogmatic beliefs become a big hindrance. Yes you need the big cornfed linemen... but speed has it's place as well... and with Parcells, you get the feeling he'd draft half linebackers and half lineman in every draft for 10 years if he had the option too. lol

And yet Pat White was a Parcells pick (one he says was perhaps his biggest mistake).

Seeing the Dolphins personnel moves up close like I do, living down here, makes me appreciate the genius of Bill Belichick.

Draft picks that the Fins waste on a Ted Ginn or a Pat White would be churned into 4 starters in the hands of the great hoodie.

I live in south Florida. Among these fair-weather fans, the support for their teams is about an inch deep.

The Dolphins still have a huge national fan base... and anything you've said could have been said triple about the Patriots prior to their discovery of cheating. lol

In fact... just another year or two of failing and flailing at the playoffs, coupled with the retirement of Tom Brady, will result in the lightening quick reduction of fans from the Pats own bandwagon - which is still overflowing from the millions of fairweather Patriot fans born in 2001. lol

South Florida is no different than any other place, my friend. :)

Last edited:
Dumbass keeps mentioning spygate, then says just kidding. No you arent kidding, you're just another moron who doesnt understand the whole incident. Adding a smiley face after baiting wont save you on here. I understand, its all you have to run to when you've been our ***** for the past decade on our way to a dynasty.

This is why we aren't taking you seriously.

Oh no!!!!!!!!

How will I ever sleep tonight, with the thought that you aren't taking me seriously pounding away at my self confidence!?!??! :singing:

The Dolphins still have a huge national fan base... any anything you've said could have been said triple about the Patriots prior to their discovery of cheating. lol
Seriously, dude. Join us in the real world. Miami comes in at #19 in this list from just last season. They don't have anything that even remotely resembles a "huge national fan base" and fact is they are not a good road draw.

Dallas Cowboys Are NFL's Most Popular Team - WSJ.com

Dumbass keeps mentioning spygate, then says just kidding. No you arent kidding, you're just another moron who doesnt understand the whole incident. Adding a smiley face after baiting wont save you on here. I understand, its all you have to run to when you've been our ***** for the past decade on our way to a dynasty.

Best reason for banning him, regardless of his football knowledge. He's basically daring us.

Nixon resigned, the eight track was fading, the average cost of a new home was under $35,000, Ali knocked out Foreman in Zaire, The Waltons and Kung Fu were the popular TV shows, Leonid Brezhnev was running the Soviet Union and the Dow was at 616.

It was 1974.

It was also the last year the Dolphins won the Super Bowl.

And yet Pat White was a Parcells pick (one he says was perhaps his biggest mistake).

Yeah, I don't know what to make of that. Parcells took credit... and then earlier this summer, Jeff Ireland said that if you need to blame someone for the pick - blame him.

I think really what happened, is the whole bunch (coaches included) got caught up in the Wildcat craze... and temporarily lost their minds. lol They made it out to be a lot more than what it was... a temporary trick to get some movement upfront, on a team with a shambles for interior linemen. Bought into the (wildcat + spread is gonna change league hype)... and made a dumb pick.

It happens.

Seeing the Dolphins personnel moves up close like I do, living down here, makes me appreciate the genius of Bill Belichick.

Draft picks that the Fins waste on a Ted Ginn or a Pat White would be churned into 4 starters in the hands of the great hoodie.

Bill is a wheeler dealer.... and definitely stores up the picks. But I think your being way to harsh with the Dolphins. This current group has provided the best drafting for the Dolphins I've seen since the early 70's.

Miami has added a lot of solid players over the last four years... and the team is VASTLY better than the one they inherited. I'm telling you guys... if Henne develops, it might be the last piece this group needs. The only thing holding them back is a QB... because they do develop talent, and they do add talent via draft and free agency EVERY year. That's something that just didn't happen with previous regimes.

Hell with Dave Wannstedt... you just prayed every off season, that at last one player would work out. Most years it was a forlorn hope. lol

Last edited:
Dumbass keeps mentioning spygate, then says just kidding. No you arent kidding, you're just another moron who doesnt understand the whole incident. Adding a smiley face after baiting wont save you on here.

Ah what do you know.... Cheater! :)

LMFAO!

The Dolphins still have a huge national fan base... any anything you've said could have been said triple about the Patriots prior to their discovery of cheating. lol

In fact... just another year or two of failing and flailing at the playoffs, coupled with the retirement of Tom Brady, will result in the lightening quick reduction of fans from the Pats own bandwagon - which is still overflowing from the millions of fairweather Patriot fans born in 2001. lol

South Florida is no different than any other place, my friend. :)

First off. Your coach Jimmy was taping signals as well, however the Dolphins still didn't win. Doesn't that prove how insignificant it is/was?

Secondly, If you're not constantly looking for an advantage.....you're not trying. Newsflash: coaches are still stealing signals :cool:

Lastly: I'm one of thousands of fans that have been with this team my entire life. Season tickets since 94. Bandwagon fans are everywhere. Don't assume there were no fans before 2001 just because the Patriots were not on national tv every other week (like they are today). There were several hard core fans back in the day...people in Miami just didn't see them (or care).

Sounds to me like you're just tired of getting your ***** kicked by the Pats for the last 15 years.

Last edited:
I live in south Florida. Among these fair-weather fans, the support for their teams is about an inch deep. One of the main sports talk stations, I think it's 790 the ticket (or maybe 760?), has an evening drive-time talk show host who is a Patriots fan, and his sidekick is a Colts fan. I think that they tried to get a Dolphins fan on the air, but Dolphins fans are hard to find.

Well, to be fair, Mandich died and Goldberg was basically forced into retirement.

Seriously, why are you people wasting your time with this guy? You're feeding the troll, and he's just a Dolphins fan anyways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick