PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3000 unsold tickets to Pats at Dolphins, week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blah blah blah.... your right.... I had forgotten the 56 to 14 embarrassment in the 80's, and the Patriots 35 to 21 contribution to the legend of Brett Farve.... before they decided to cheat their way to a few wins.

But do tell me??? What infamous penalty call do you refer too? I gather it wasn't one of those 1-15 seasons the Pats were famous for in those days? Couldn't be the snowplow riding convict, as that was both a famous NON-penalty call - and happened in the 80's. Really... what can you make out of a convict turned local hero all these years later... when two weeks after the real event, the Pats were bounced from the playoffs handily by the same team? That's Boston for ya I guess... once a cheater, always a cheater. lol

Your welcome to your opinion about the brightness levels.... as they say, opinions are like smelly orifices, everyone has one. :)

quit your idiotic babbling, that might pass for intelligence on finheaven..not here.

Enjoy the AFC East cellar again this season!

According to Jest fans, Dolphins fans are worse than us so they probably DO focus on the Jest. Those forums probably just ban them quicker than we do.

Have you ever tried to converse with a Jets fan? The pure illogical gymnastics they perform on a minute by minute basis - causes spontaneous head explosions in sane people. lol Ban? Why would you go to start with... other than soaking up the wailing and gnashing of teeth in the aftermath of having kicked their butts yet again. :) But that doesn't involve posting... just reading and laughing.

Seriously guys... I was just coming by to see if ya'll were still your arrogant selves (that's a big YES. hehe).... and to talk a little about the game, along with a joke or two.

I realize ya'll marked this one down as a win before the schedule even came out... but if your interested, ask any questions you like. I do know the Dolphins, and think I have a decent grasp of how they'll attempt to win this game.

Have you ever tried to converse with a Jets fan? The pure illogical gymnastics they perform on a minute by minute basis - causes spontaneous head explosions in sane people. lol Ban? Why would you go to start with... other than soaking up the wailing and gnashing of teeth in the aftermath of having kicked their butts yet again. :) But that doesn't involve posting... just reading and laughing.

Seriously guys... I was just coming by to see if ya'll were still your arrogant selves (that's a big YES. hehe).... and to talk a little about the game, along with a joke or two.

I realize ya'll marked this one down as a win before the schedule even came out... but if your interested, ask any questions you like. I do know the Dolphins, and think I have a decent grasp of how they'll attempt to win this game.

lol. At least we can agree on the Jest fans :singing: JETS SUCK :rocker: So, where DO you see your team this year? Seriously..?

How would this be blacked out in Miami since it is being broadcasted on ESPN?

Last edited:
Blah blah blah.... your right.... I had forgotten the 56 to 14 embarrassment in the 80's, and the Patriots 35 to 21 contribution to the legend of Brett Farve.... before they decided to cheat their way to a few wins.

But do tell me??? What infamous penalty call do you refer too? I gather it wasn't one of those 1-15 seasons the Pats were famous for in those days?
I don't mind the trolling but dude, seriously... educate yourself on football history. Even if you disagree with the opinions contained herein, it should be ridiculously obvious to anyone with any knowledge of football history that the above was referencing the 1976 Patriots team who suffered a series of very bad calls en route to a 3-point loss against the eventual Super Bowl Champion Oakland Raiders.

Last edited:
How would this be blacked out in Miami since it is being broadcasted on ESPN?
It would be blacked out in the Miami area by flipping a switch with the local TV providers (and the satellite providers can do so as well). I have no idea how that would impact ESPN's ratings - it certainly wouldn't affect them on the national scale. Only locally.

Last edited:
Don't use Finheaven. To many Patriot-like infantile posters such as yourself there. :)

Enjoy your 3rd straight '1 and done' (if that even) this season. :)

Last time your team won a SB? :rofl:

According to Jest fans, Dolphins fans are worse than us so they probably DO focus on the Jest. Those forums probably just ban them quicker than we do.

Dolphins fans are what Patriots fans will be in about 10 years, if the team doesn't win another SB or line up another top QB after Brady. They're living off the early 70's SBs and then the Bruins-like "we make the playoffs every year!" that Boston fans dealt with in the late 80's and early 90's, even though those glory years are long past. It's a bitterness that has covered over the once explainable arrogance, and it makes them all but useless to talk football with, because everything they say is based off the glory of what was 40 years ago and what 'might have been' during the 80's.

They're still better than Jets fans, though.

Don't use Finheaven.
Okay; any alternate suggestions then?

Enjoy your 3rd straight '1 and done' (if that even) this season. :)
In what alternate universe is missing the playoffs with back-to-back losing seasons better year back-to-back division titles and making the playoffs?

:confused:

Last edited:

But do tell me??? What infamous penalty call do you refer too? I gather it wasn't one of those 1-15 seasons the Pats were famous for in those days? Couldn't be the snowplow riding convict, as that was both a famous NON-penalty call - and happened in the 80's. Really... what can you make out of a convict turned local hero all these years later... when two weeks after the real event, the Pats were bounced from the playoffs handily by the same team? That's Boston for ya I guess... once a cheater, always a cheater. lol

Your welcome to your opinion about the brightness levels.... as they say, opinions are like smelly orifices, everyone has one. :)

I don't mind trolls. I hate bad trolls. You're a bad troll, so far. Get back to me when you improve.

Don't use Finheaven. To many Patriot-like infantile posters such as yourself there.

Seriously? Folks here are fine with your basic joshing, et al, but it really and truly helps if you interject something that passes for at least College-level humor.

If your intention is to get banned, then you are well on your way to the goal.

We entertain all sorts of opposing team's fans here, and welcome them with reasonably open arms provided they remain at least civil and talk football.

I just don't even care enough about the Dolphins to debate with their trolls. It's the Dolphins, FFS, who cares.

lol. At least we can agree on the Jest fans :singing: JETS SUCK :rocker: So, where DO you see your team this year? Seriously..?

I could see anything from a 7-9/8-8 redo of the last two seasons... up to a marked improvement, and challenge for a wildcard spot in the playoffs. What I can't see... and think is ridiculous, are these 4 win season predictions by Peter King, Mike Greenberg, Mike Golic, etc... Ain't gonna happen.

I'll personally eat a Nick Saban style Dolphins straw hat (on video!) if one of those guys is even close to being right. There's simply too much talent, and the defense is too good... to contemplate that type of a collapse this year.

The defense will be nasty in Nolan's second year.... with 10 out of 11 starters back, and Kevin Burnette proving to be a huge upgrade over Channing Crowder - especially in the Dolphins Achilles heal the last few seasons - LB pass coverage.

The D line is 6 deep... and they'll be fresh all game long for every game. Jared Odrick has looked fantastic as a pass rusher, and will join Paul Soliai, Kendall Langford, Randy Starks, Phil Merling, and Tony McDaniel... on one of the deepest D lines in the league.

The secondary is maturing, and will get back former PB cornerback Will Allen, as well as another good looking crop of yougin's (Jimmy Wilson, Nate Caroll, etc..) to add to stalwarts Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, and Yerimiah Bell.

Jason Taylor is back as a situational rusher, being added to a good young LB corp of Karlos Dandsby, Cam Wake, Kevin Burnette, and Koa Misi.

All the big questions are on offense... whither Chad Henne? He's looked good in preseason (meaningless)... and seems to fit in Daboll's style offense much better than he did Henning's. But you don't know until you see...

IMHO Dan Henning's offense make Chad Henne as predictable last year, as what comes after 1 2 3. He had no ability to audible, other than an antiquated "call two plays and check with me at the line" system... he was handicapped by consistent calls for max protect (limiting his receiver options)... and I don't think the Dolphins ran one pass play last season that wasn't a 5 step drop.

This year he has the ability to audible to the entire playbook at the line of scrimmage (which he HAS been using to good effect)... and the offense has displayed an amazing variety (to a Dolphin fan of the last few years anyway) of 1, 3, 5, a few 7 step drops, and *gasp* shotgun formations, and an even more amazing variety of 3, 4, and *gasp* 5 wide options - on passing plays. He's been feeding Marshall the ball (preseason, meaningless)... and seems to have learned, that when Marshall is covered - he's still open.

Reggie Bush has juiced up Chad's check downs this preseason (meaningless), and don't buy the "feature back" hype... Reggie will get a few between the tackles runs, but the reason he's here - is to turn those 4 and 5 yard check downs to Ricky and Ronnie, into some 15 and 20 yard big gainers. <-- An ability he's shown pretty consistently this preseason (meaningless).

The big changes on the O line are Mike Pouncey at Center. The kids looked good... especially his feet. and movement to the 2nd level. Its pretty clear that the Dolphins saw their biggest deficiency... in the abortion that was their plan to dump a few very good (yet injury prone) interior OL players, and try to rebuild the interior in one offseason of 2010... as a lack of player with movement. Pouncey can pull either direction, and can easily get to the 2nd level. He's a rookie, and might struggle man up with some of the bigger 3-4 NT's in the league initially... but he's going to be a good one.

The other change is not so hopeful... as the Dolphins moved Vernon Carey in to RG, and brought in Mark Columbo at RT. I think Carey will be more than alright at G (he's always had devasting run blocking ability) and Columbo is known as a very good run blocker... which he's shown at times. But he was also known for getting QB's killed in Dallas last season... and he's shown that ability in preseason as well. lol

Time will tell. Assuming Jake Long (who hasn't played in a single preseason game this year, although he's been practicing with the starters for two weeks) starts on Monday night (very good bet)... the OL will feature four former first round picks. But with the shortened off season... it wouldn't surprise me to see this group struggle somewhat for a few games. I do think once they gel though... this could be a very good line. <-- If Chad Henne survives that long. lol

At WR... Brandon Marshall spent his entire off season (well other than that time he got stabbed by his wife, allegedly. LOL ) working on regaining his speed. He seems to have been very successful in that endeavor.

Devone Bess has been his usual awesome slot receiver self.

Brian "white lightening" Hartline has been showing some ability to get deep, and had a strong preseason (meaningless) coming of his hand injury last year.

Rookie Clyde (Edmond) Gates, has shown off his sub 4.3 speed... and has displayed the ability to get behind opposing safety's in every game he's played this preseason (meaningless).... but rookie WR's are generally a useless lot.

Either Roberto Wallace or Marlon Moore will grab the 5th WR spot (assuming the Dolphins don't keep 6).... Wallace is a Marshall clone, whose still learning to use that big body... while Moore is a speedster.

Anthony Fasano returns at TE... and will be joined by rookie Charles Clay, whose more of an H-back FB/TE type. Clay looks like he can do some damage... if he's able to absorb the 3 to 4 different positions they are asking him to play (should be extremely easy for a rookie don't you think?) lol Beyond that, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Dolphins dump one of their mish-mash backup TE's in favor of a waiver claim this weekend. We'll see.

Anyway... sorry to write a book to your one liner question. But that's why I came... to talk a little about my team. :)

Last edited:
I don't mind the trolling but dude, seriously... educate yourself on football history. Even if you disagree with the opinions contained herein, it should be ridiculously obvious to anyone with any knowledge of football history that the above was referencing the 1976 Patriots team who suffered a series of very bad calls en route to a 3-point loss against the eventual Super Bowl Champion Oakland Raiders.

Whatever.... like I'm supposed to care and look for a nugget of halfway decency, in an ocean of crap seasons that is the New England Patriots history? ;)

I have no time or inclination to "remember when they were almost good that time back when...." about a team I only care about - because I'd like to see the Dolphins stomp them twice a year? hehehe

I just don't even care enough about the Dolphins to debate with their trolls. It's the Dolphins, FFS, who cares.

The NFL gave Miami a francise to ....amuse the the rest of the league, much like the Jets. It's kinda like teasing a cat with a ball of string. See, simple logic. :D

Your welcome to your opinion about the brightness levels....

You're welcome to your opinion too.

I know that Florida public schools are somewhat lacking, so I thought it best to educate you just a little.

apostropheposter.jpg

Last edited:
Dolphins fans are what Patriots fans will be in about 10 years

Hah! Your that now. 2007 is more recent than 1985 I grant you... but it's all history. :) Gosh... what you'd give for a video camera, and a Harry Potter memory spell to hit the NFL's front office with? LOL just kidding. :)

They're still better than Jets fans, though.

Well thanks for that.... although it's only common decency. :)

Whatever.... like I'm supposed to care and look for a nugget of halfway decency, in an ocean of crap seasons that is the New England Patriots history? ;)
It's the NFL's equivalent of the Don Denkinger play and it's something that knowledgeable football fans are already aware of, not something they have to "look for".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick