PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2nd Half Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Here are a couple of stat tidbits

Since the Cincinnati game Pats defense has only allowed 8.6 points per game in the 2nd half (12 games 104 p/a)
Since the Denver game they have only allowed 4.5 points per game in the 2nd half (8 games 36 p/a)
Since the Det game they have only allowed 2.0 points per game in the 2nd half (6 games 12 p/a NO TD Allowed)

And yes I know this is homerism and you can do it for every team but in the Cinci, Chicago, & Denver games I count 5 garbage time TDs, 37 points, take those away and since the Cinci game it's been 5.5 points allowed in the 2nd half per game.

Don't forget the Pats haven't given up a second half TD in six games. Not since Indy getting a TD in the fourth quarter.

Don't forget the Pats haven't given up a second half TD in six games. Not since Indy getting a TD in the fourth quarter.

That was an OT*. They haven't given up a second half TD to an offensive skill player since week nine (Ronnie Hillman).

*Obviously it still counts but I wanted to add some further context.

Last edited:
they may let some big plays happen early...but after half..they know how to adjust. The players coaches...all being perfect with this D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft