Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Giants

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Some other Team

Votes: 46 48.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely dislike every team that isnt the Patriots.
I root for the teams that would help the Patriots most with a win. Anyone playing against a division team that isnt out of it, and those playing against teams we are competing with for seeding.
In general I heavily root against whoever the media is touting,because that makes me hate that team a little bit more.

I'll co-sign the gist of this. I just couldn't bring myself to put a check mark next to any other team, so won't vote in the poll. I'll always root for the team whose interests help the Patriots most. And this doesn't mean I can't enjoy watching a football game sans Patriots; it's almost a relief to watch these games sometimes! I just can't say "aside from the Pats I will always root for X team."

i thought i liked the saints, but when i went down to live in new orleans and found out all the saints fans hate the patriots for no reason, i started rooting against them.

You'll find that in every team's home city. It goes with the territory of winning consistently over the past decade. Plus Spygate really turned most fans against us.

I like the Bears

It a toss up Saints or Atlanta

Last edited:
My second favorite team is the Jets!
Awesomedance.gif

... But seriously, I don't care for any other team for the most part.

I don't have a "2nd team". It's Patriots or bust. Though I am partial to the Falcons. Don't have any players or coaches that I dislike, and I'm a fan of Matt Ryan being a Boston College homer and all. But I'm not emotionally invested in any team but the Patriots.

I have a soft spot for the 49ers more so for the`80s version than the modern day incarnation. Specifically it has to do with Bill Walsh, the personality as well as the coach.

It also helps to have a strong interest in another team to fully appreciate how good the Patriots are.

Contrast the modern day 49ers and Patriots in terms of ownership, FO, Head Coach, drafting, gameday preparation, consistency etc. and you end up appreciating what the Patriots are all about even on a bad day.

Bills #2. Like their new QB from Hahvid too.

Otherwise I'm a bit partial to KC with Cassell & the ex-Pats mgmnt

My second favorite teams was the Houston Oilers. My first football was a Earl Campbell special edition. Loved that football and that player.

The team no longer exists. The titans are not the oilers and the texans are just another team.

There is a difference between a "2nd favorite" and a team that you have a soft spot for.

If you are balanced by one teams lost and anothers win then you fit my statement above.

When I see garbage like this, I think of that Seahawks Pats "chick". Can't remember her name. I consider myself a football fan that roots for the Pats, but I don't outright root for any team unless they can either assist the Pats position or make me money. And there have been many times where I have rooted against my own money out of dislike for the team.

Let me put it this way: unless they are playing the Colts in a division rivalry game, I don't typically put any emotional stock into a Jaguars game. I have gone to their games (against Buffalo, for example... a game which I pulled for them in partly due to my soft spot for them, partly due to the fact that it was 2008 and Buffalo was actually decent at that point) and whatnot, but don't really root for them hardcore. You said later that you lived in Virginia and didn't pull for the Redskins. Nobody would expect you to. But it becomes easier to have a soft spot for a team in a transplant area that's also a very small market team. It also helps that said team plays in the same division as one of your biggest rivals. In short, I live and die by the New England Patriots. If the Jags win, I smile and say, "good for them". If they lose I say, "oh well, there's always next week. Wait, who are they playing next week?".

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Let me put it this way: unless they are playing the Colts in a division rivalry game, I don't typically put any emotional stock into a Jaguars game. I have gone to their games (against Buffalo, for example... a game which I pulled for them in partly due to my soft spot for them, partly due to the fact that it was 2008 and Buffalo was actually decent at that point) and whatnot, but don't really root for them hardcore. You said later that you lived in Virginia and didn't pull for the Redskins. Nobody would expect you to. But it becomes easier to have a soft spot for a team in a transplant area that's also a very small market team. It also helps that said team plays in the same division as one of your biggest rivals. In short, I live and die by the New England Patriots. If the Jags win, I smile and say, "good for them". If they lose I say, "oh well, there's always next week. Wait, who are they playing next week?".

Hope that helps.

And that is what I gathered from your original post. My last sentence wasn't towards you.

The Birds (a.k.a Eagles) My father was a huge eagles fan. He was killed in 2008 (also the year the phils won it which was crazy).

I kinda root for them for my dad who was very educated about sports and passionate about his birds.

Toledo Mud Hens

Recently I started pulling for the eagles because of Micheal Vick. I am lovin the whole story around him right now.

The Birds (a.k.a Eagles) My father was a huge eagles fan. He was killed in 2008 (also the year the phils won it which was crazy).

I kinda root for them for my dad who was very educated about sports and passionate about his birds.

Sorry to hear that man, it must've been fun during that Eagles/Pats superbowl though.

Sorry to hear that man, it must've been fun during that Eagles/Pats superbowl though.

Thanks cheese, And yea that is one of my fav memories of my dad. He always bet with his heart. Talking about a man who bet the eagles against us in 07' :p

I talked soo much trash during/after SB 39 but he was always great about it.

I never had anything against the Chiefs. I even remember when Joe Montana went and played for them and I always liked Montana. I am particularly interested in them now with all the ex-Pats:p there.

I really hope they win their division. I hope they win out and face the Steelers/Ravens and then face the Patriots in the AFCCG. That would be just great as long as they lose then of course.

I have a soft spot for the Saints as well.

Last edited:
My second favourite team is the 49ers.

They aren't really a threat to the Patriots and it's nice to cheer for the underdogs too. It also helps that most of my family live in San Francisco and that I think it's a great town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes