PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 23 Official Week 10 PostGame NE vs IND Reactions

Immediate Postgame Reactions
I meant discussions within the media and the talking heads.
LOL. I know, but I expect a degree of intemperate "discussion" here as well. I myself will try to behave, with my usual limited success.

What a game!

At this point the Patriots should prep Will Grier the next two weeks to start coming out of the bye!

Can’t really start Mac again after today.
I don't want to ever see Mac again but if we want the high draft pick maybe we should keep playing him.

The worst part about the bye coming up is that we won’t know whether a change is being made at QB or not for two weeks given how tight lipped we are. Maybe that’s why BB made the change so late in game. Chess > Checkers. The man is a genius.

I hope Kraft is sufficiently embarrassed by his big Germany debut.

Bill successfully destroyed the confidence of his starting QB and immediately wasted no time getting to work on breaking down Zappe. This should be the nail in Bill’s coffin.

They are dumb if they aren’t playing for draft picks
Mac did that on his own by throwing a 15 yard pass 10 yards, that's the nail in the Mac coffin.

I’m ok with Mac starting on the bye week and then start someone else the week after ;)
he can start but it will be just handing off the ball - all rushing plays just like the windy buf game

How Bout that Zappe Jones. :rofl:

Frustrating loss. Would like to see Grier and Cunningham the next few games. Need to know which one might be a solid #2 since there is no #1 on the current roster.

They had all game to bench Mac but choose to do it then?? Might as well let him have his chance at redemption in the final 2minutes. Then to put Zappe in a pressure cooker like that is setting him up for failure. The dude is 2-0 as a starter. I don't get why it is so hard to give him one more crack to start when they give Mac the longest leash imaginable. We can't crack 20 points a game with Mac and obviously more than 10 is asking for too much these days.

The worst part about the bye coming up is that we won’t know whether a change is being made at QB or not for two weeks given how tight lipped we are. Maybe that’s why BB made the change so late in game. Chess > Checkers. The man is a genius.
I think we know after that performance

LOL, I meant on-air, in the media, etc.
Ah ok lol. I have been watching a bit of Boston media clips lately now that national shows dont care about Patriots. They are nowhere near as bad as a lot of people made it seem on here over the years.

Reactions: Ian
I'm still in awe about the utter terribleness of that INT. Gesicki was wide open, Mac just needed to loft it to the back of the end zone. Instead, he decided to suck his scrotum inside of his pelvis and short the pass by a full 10 yards.

Can't go back to Mac after that INT and benching (can they?). Zappe blows. Let Grier get first team reps for two weeks and give him the start.

What a **** show.
IMG_0104.png

If you're not deliberately losing at this point then you are committing malpractice.

There's no reason to win anymore. This team would be in great shape with the top pick and all the cap they got next season.

Assuming they do the right thing and send Bill off

Mac made an awful mistake but if you really wanted to win the game that was not the time to make a QB change.

Interesting point and normally I would agree. BB must have thought Mac couldn't collect himself enough to rise above it, which is damning. Beyond that it was an impossible situation to thrust Zappe into.

Keion White has been invisible this season. A whopping 8 total tackles and no sacks. He looks like he just stands around.

What another awful draft this was for Bill.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back