PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION 2024 NFL Monday Wild Card Game Thread

That’s one of the all time season collapses.

Maybe even over Pitt a few years ago starting 11-0 finishing 12-5 with a one and done.

I remember when everyone here was saying TB sold out for a SB and it would take them years to be relevant again. They emptied the dead cap hit caused by Brady this season and signed Baker. Now they're back in the playoffs for the 4th year in a row. They still have a bunch of talent and have the 9th most cap space.

I also remember how everyone used Brady's dead cap as an excuse for the Pats not being able to do anything in 2020. Three years later, the team got worse and missed the playoffs again.

LICHT >>>> belichick
BOWLES >> belichick

even though they lost, people thought the rams also sold out and here they were in the playoffs again this year....and oh yeah despite having low picks (which i constantly hear on this board is why the pats have a bad roster) they still found an elite 1400 yard receiver!

this idea that is touted that the reason we are bottomed out and have such bad talent is we are paying for the superbowl years that were 6 years ago is just not based in reality.

the reality is very poor drafting is why we are here.

Eagles were getting smashed and somehow this turned into another BB vs TB topic, smh.

Get over it
Considering that both are no longer on the team and the amount of Belichick threads on the main forum, it's probably time for @Ian To create a BB subforum. It's not ever going to stop.

Considering that both are no longer on the team and the amount of Belichick threads on the main forum, it's probably time for @Ian To create a BB subforum. It's not ever going to stop.
"The stirring will never stop"...

8cik55.gif

...says the stirrer. LOL

Philadelphia traded two [2022] first-round selections (16th and 19th overall) and a sixth-round selection (194th overall) to New Orleans in exchange for first-, third- and seventh-round selections (18th, 101st and 237th overall) as well as a 2023 first-round selection and a 2024 second-round selection.

That’s a home run trade for the Eagles on paper, especially with the 2023 1st turning into Jalen Carter (if he can avoid off the field issues). But obviously, picking Carter in 2023 and having the Saints’ 2nd this year didn’t help them win the Super Bowl last year. Could another mid first round rookie have made the one play they needed to win last year? Seems like they missed their window by not quite going all in last year.

I'm fine with Eagles getting knocked down to earth. They (and Hurts) had way too much statue-building in the media.

Now, I have to root for the Bills to embarrass the Chiefs, and hopefully end their run as the cream of the AFC.

Bills / Ravens would make a great AFCCG
Lions / 49ers will likely be the NFCCG

Hurts is good. The OC and coaches did him no favors this season. I thought they would just run the ball last night to a win.

Hurts is good. The OC and coaches did him no favors this season. I thought they would just run the ball last night to a win.
The Eagles did what the Seahawks did in their 2nd SB run (vs. Pats in '14) - they tried to make Wilson a QB star, instead of doing "what got them there". So many egos get in the way in the NFL. They tried to make Hurts a passing star, and meanwhile Baker shined and won.

The Eagles did what the Seahawks did in their 2nd SB run (vs. Pats in '14) - they tried to make Wilson a QB star, instead of doing "what got them there". So many egos get in the way in the NFL. They tried to make Hurts a passing star, and meanwhile Baker shined and won.
I mean, Bucs averaged 20 ppg and Fat Matt's defense allowed 32. He sure got them ready to tackle last night.

The best part of the playoffs is watching people’s darling “modern” offenses and QBs get wiped like a **** stain. The Bucs and Packers both have vanilla offenses. They won because they played complimentary football.

That’s one of the all time season collapses.

Maybe even over Pitt a few years ago starting 11-0 finishing 12-5 with a one and done.
Not quite ‘64 Phillies. But close.

The Bills have 3 more chances to Buffalo.

Do they actually beat Mahomes and the Chiefs this year and get the monkey off their back?
If so will they suffer an emotional letdown and lose to the Ravens? (can't see the Texans winning in Baltimore, so I'm making the assumption the Ravens would host the Bills)
If by some miracle the Bills upset the Ravens and go to the Super Bowl, most assume they face the 49ers;

I personally would laugh my ass off if they go 0-5 in Super Bowls this year.

Do they actually beat Mahomes and the Chiefs this year and get the monkey off their back?
If so will they suffer an emotional letdown and lose to the Ravens? (can't see the Texans winning in Baltimore, so I'm making the assumption the Ravens would host the Bills)
If by some miracle the Bills upset the Ravens and go to the Super Bowl, most assume they face the 49ers;

Bills aren't getting past KC

I'd rather see the Bills get #1 than the 9ers get #6 myself.

Tyler Bass lines up for the game winning FG in the Super Bowl... oh no wide right again!

The best part of the playoffs is watching people’s darling “modern” offenses and QBs get wiped like a **** stain. The Bucs and Packers both have vanilla offenses. They won because they played complimentary football.
Tom Cruise What GIF

Love was 16/21 for 272 and 3 TDs. He had over 4100 yards and 32 TDs this year. He's got 6 guys catching passed under 25 years old. They are just going to be better.

Baker Mayfield was 22/36 for 337 and 3 TDs as well. He filled the shoes of the GOAT very well, vanquishing the defending SB champs in the process.

It's all about the QB, bud.

Tom Cruise What GIF

Love was 16/21 for 272 and 3 TDs. He had over 4100 yards and 32 TDs this year. He's got 6 guys catching passed under 25 years old. They are just going to be better.

Baker Mayfield was 22/36 for 337 and 3 TDs as well. He filled the shoes of the GOAT very well, vanquishing the defending SB champs in the process.

It's all about the QB, bud.
It’s always been about the QB, but also defense and special teams made it so Love could put up that many points with so few yards. That’s my point. A bunch of people that like to fantasize about football fantasies think it’s suddenly about WRs.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back