PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION 2024 Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Plan A is for him to be the Left Tackle. Plan B if he doesn’t transition effectively is for him to be the Right Tackle and then move Onwenu back to Right Guard. You’d still have a question mark at LT but the other four OL spots SHOULD be pretty good and have depth in that situation.
Left Tackle is the one spot on the line where you CAN'T have a question mark, and have a functional offense.

I would of liked to see us trade back into the first round for a WR or tackle.

He is 3rd rounder, not a top 10 first rounder. He is a backup LT who will compete this year and next year. Perhaps, he will be a swing OT.
Yeah it's really not worth going crazy over a third round pick. We drafted for need and unfortunately our needs were positions that got savaged early on in the draft.

I would of liked to see us trade back into the first round for a WR or tackle.
Yes, we MIGHT have gotten Guyton instead of Polk, Wallace and our 4th rounder we got for trading down.

I suspect that Wolf tried and failed to move up that high with only our 2nd and 3rd.

Q
Michael Onwenu is a Guard but played outside and got payed like a RT.
In my opinion he is a better guard than tackle
Plus we need depth at the tackle positions with starter potential.
He got drafted in the 3rd round.
Not like he is a sure fire starter
We don’t need more depth at RT when we don’t have a quality starting LT

He is 3rd rounder, not a top 10 first rounder. He is a backup LT who will compete this year and next year. Perhaps, he will be a swing OT.
Back up to who? Okafor? They should have packaged picks to move back into round 2 and taken one of the actual LTs

Moved up from 137 to 110.
Oh, we only moved up in the 4th instead of getting an extra 4th round pick? OOF. Thought we gained a pick.

Would have liked to see a little more value gained from that move down.

NFL scouts don't publish mock drafts. Mel Kiper and his clones publish mock drafts.
They know much less what NFL scouts know.
Untrue.
A lot of former scouts are involved in publishing mock drafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back