PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION 2024 Draft Day 3 LIVE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fourth round run on RBs, as expected.
I had my eye on Shipley and Guerendo, but that not to be.

2.46 -- Jonathan Brooks, Texas
3.66 -- Trey Benson, Florida State
3.83 -- Blake Corum, Michigan
3.88 -- MarShawn Lloyd, USC
4.120 - Jaylen Wright, Tennessee
4.125 - Bucky Irving, Oregon
4.127 - Will Shipley, Clemson
4.128 - Ray Davis, Kentucky
4.129 - Isaac Guerendo, Louisville
4.134 - Braelon Allen, Wisconsin

That leaves plenty of prospects:
Audric Estime, Notre Dame
Mar'Kease Irving, Oregon
Tyrone Tracy Jr, Purdue
Dylan Laube, UNH
Kimani Vidal, Troy
Isaiah Davis, S Dakota St
Cody Schrader, Missouri
Blake Watson, Memphis
Rasheen Ali, Marshall
Dillon Johnson, Washington
I like Tracy and Dillon Johnson from that list.

We have to see how these picks work out, but I think the confusion among fans is:

- Maye at 3: no confusion there, that's a potential home run, and a trade down was risky and wouldn't have worked. This guy can be a stud a-la-Herbert. Very happy with the result from pick 3.

- Polk at 37: good value at 37, and we upgraded 137 to 110 while doing it. But we could have taken either McConkey or Mitchell, and also could have explored a trade up to get Legette at 32. Nothing wrong with Polk per se, he seems like a dog and we'll probably love the guy. And upgrading to 110 positioned us to get Javon Baker. So I think we have to be happy with the overall result from pick 34.

- Wallace at 68: I think everyone wanted Suamataia enough to move up for him after 3 other OT's had just been picked, but KC moved up and grabbed him at 63. We'll never know if we could have gotten him. Wolf also admitted that 68 was too high for Wallace but they couldn't risk trading down with the run on OT's that just happened. Also, Wallace moving to LT adds some uncertainty about him. Everyone's hopes were for a Guyton or Paul or worst case Suamataia, so Wallace seems like a lower tier player. He could turn out to be great at LT, we'll just have to wait and see, but without being able to trade down and at least get aother pick, I feel a sense of disappointment with the overall result of pick 68.

- Robinson, a RG, at 103: Nobody expected this, with Sow having apparently sewn up that job last year. He apparently can only play G and has only played RG. So is Sow out, or can one of these guys play LG and replace Strange, or what? I feel a sense of disappointment about pick 103 because I thought we were all set at RG as well as LG, and 103 is a pretty choice pick.

- Javon Baker at 110: exciting pick, seems like a great value at that point. Good pick but does raise a lot of questions about who stays and who goes. In order I think we have Osborne, Polk, Douglas, Baker, Bourne, JuJu, Thornton, Raeger.

- No TE as yet, which is what I was hoping would be pick 103.

We shouldn’t have released Jack Jones.
Learning about the dynamics of the dynasty I’m betting it was a Kraft decision to release him not a bill one.

Know you’re mostly looking for possible depth/future rotational guys (of course hope they amount to more) at this point anywhere on the field you can find it, but they have a ton of guys hitting free agency on D after this year and can’t keep them all. Hope they throw a dart or two at DL or CB in particular

Like the double dip at wr, would like to see one at OT as well.

Ot, cb, fs is my wish list.

- No TE as yet, which is what I was hoping would be pick 103.
Ja'Tavion Sanders went just ahead of us at pick #101. Panthers might have stolen our guy.

The Patriots probably decided to go with just best OL on their board at that point because the talent was getting thin there.

Javon Baker is a high potential pick and gives us extra insurance at that position.

His prior connection to Drake Maye is just a nice added bonus.

Training camp is going to be very competitive at WR and a few guys will be voted off the island by the end of it.

Ja'Tavion Sanders went just ahead of us at pick #101. Panthers might have stolen our guy.

The Patriots probably decided to go with just best OL on their board at that point because the talent was getting thin there.

Javon Baker is a high potential pick and gives us extra insurance at that position.

His prior connection to Drake Maye is just a nice added bonus.

Training camp is going to be very competitive at WR and a few guys will be voted off the island by the end of it.
Good post. What would have propelled it to great ? The last paragraph could’ve made reference to JuJu’s recent exposure.

CBs Caelen Carson, Jaylin Simpson, DJ James and Kaelen King

I'd love to see the Patriots take 2 of these guys, Simpson and King for FS

Osborne is the best WR the Pats have currently.
If Bourne is healthy, flip a coin.

If Juju is healthy, maybe play Rock, Paper, Scissors.

If Douglas progresses and Polk gets it early, we’re down to Rock, Paper,Scissors, Lizard, Spock

Honestly, I think Polk will be their best receiver going into next year unless they add someone.

There goes Ainias Smith to the Eagles. He plays like Cordarelle Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back