PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION 2024 Draft Day 3 LIVE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the Patriots did in the 2021 offseason was to help out Mac, he sucked anyway.

We need better than just an attempt and a fail.

They better pray Maye is next level QB, otherwise we'll see a whole new regime in a couple years.
That offseason we replaced Josh with our former DC and ST coach to run the offense. I’m not a Mac fan by any means but Bill screwed him over royally that offseason.

Did you just ask if I’m here to whine? Dear lord you have zero self awareness LOL
I'm not whining about you chuckles, or ignoring all draft conversation entirely.

Tell us which of these picks are great or busts, so we'll have something to talk about... otherwise move on.

I don't want to live rent free in your brain, there's no room up there and there's bats.

That offseason we replaced Josh with our former DC and ST coach to run the offense. I’m not a Mac fan by any means but Bill screwed him over royally that offseason.
Mac sucked after week 13 of his rookie season... people (including myself) were just in denial about it.

Ok, so....no D2 defensive backs, no 4th rounders drafted in the first round, no guards from Mass Maritime....what have you done with the Patriots draft....?

Well there goes Wiley to the Chiefs. Say what you will about them but they are shredding the draft so far even drafting from the bottom of the rounds. Kind of annoying how they are pipping us to some pretty good players.

Update: Chiefs haul so far: WR Xavier Worthy, OT Kingsley Saumataia, TE Jared Wiley, S Jadon Hicks.

Last edited:
Mac sucked after week 13 of his rookie season... people (including myself) were just in denial about it.
True but saddling him with Patricia and Judge in what’s supposed to be a critical year of QB growth goes down as one of the dumbest decisions Bill ever made.

We still have Isaiah Bolden who looked promising.
Yeah.. But who knows where he's going to play. We also have to hope that he's got a different helmet and better mouthguard.

True but saddling him with Patricia and Judge in what’s supposed to be a critical year of QB growth goes down as one of the dumbest decisions Bill ever made.
We ended up with Drake Maye instead of Mac jones because of that horrible decision.

Braelon Allen to the F'in Jets

Our remaining draft picks:
#180 6th
#193 6th
#221 7th

It's gonna be a minute till we pick again and now we are looking at real longshots and/or priority UDFA territory.

We might pick up a TE, DB, or a pass catching RB in these later rounds. I also wouldn't rule out another OL or DL. More depth at the lines never hurt. We also haven't addressed edge at all but who with talent is even out there unless they have some big red flags that made them fall.

He was better with fat Matt in 2022 than he was with Obie in 2023... which tells us he simply sucks.

Nobody had to ruin him, he ruined himself by being bad at football.

Fourth round run on RBs, as expected.
I had my eye on Shipley and Guerendo, but that was not meant to be.

2.46 -- Jonathan Brooks, Texas
3.66 -- Trey Benson, Florida State
3.83 -- Blake Corum, Michigan
3.88 -- MarShawn Lloyd, USC
4.120 - Jaylen Wright, Tennessee
4.125 - Bucky Irving, Oregon
4.127 - Will Shipley, Clemson
4.128 - Ray Davis, Kentucky
4.129 - Isaac Guerendo, Louisville
4.134 - Braelon Allen, Wisconsin

That leaves plenty of prospects:
Audric Estime, Notre Dame
Mar'Kease Irving, Oregon
Tyrone Tracy Jr, Purdue
Dylan Laube, UNH
Kimani Vidal, Troy
Isaiah Davis, S Dakota St
Cody Schrader, Missouri
Blake Watson, Memphis
Rasheen Ali, Marshall
Dillon Johnson, Washington

Dang it.. is it really going to be 3 hours before the Pats next pick??

Dang it.. is it really going to be 3 hours before the Pats next pick??
Nah, it'll go faster than you think. So, a Guard they project to tackle, or a Kendrick Bourne clone for this pick?

Jonathan Jones is injury prone and is going to be 31.
Marcus Jones is injury prone.
Alex Austin is a question mark
Marco Wilson is a bust trying to find new life.
Shaun Wade may be decent as a replacement for Bryant, but that remains to be seen.
Azizi Hearn is a question mark.

Just as a reminder, the Pats had their top 4 CBs on the IR within 3 games last year.
Mayo said they may bring JC back when he’s healthy.
I think we can count on that happening.

Eagles GM just murdering the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back