PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 Red Sox

I'm out. They've lost me. It's disappointing, to say the least.

I'm kind of stuck following them. My friend bought seats on the Wall for my Christmas present. The game's September 27th against the Rays, the last home game at Fenway. It'll be my first time on the Wall. I feel obligated to keep them on because of that even though I agree they're going nowhere.

A rare good moment for the 2023 Red Sox. A walk off Grand Slam...

With 43 games left and 3 back in the WC race its still entertaining especially if they have a good road trip. If there out of it on September 27th there is always great rookies like Rafaela to watch.

With 43 games left and 3 back in the WC race its still entertaining especially if they have a good road trip. If there out of it on September 27th there is always great rookies like Rafaela to watch.
You're right. Hopefully they'll still be in it at that point. But I really wouldn't mind seeing some of the younger players like Rafaela if they're not. But whichever is the case, I'll just enjoy being on the Monster. It was on my "Bucket" list.

Too bad the schedule has the Sox only playing the Yankees 12 times instead of 19 like the old days :)

Wilyer Abreu is the player they're bringing up from AAA while Duran is on the 10 day injured list.

From the article:
The 24-year-old Venezuela native was named International Player of the Week earlier this month after launching six home runs in a six-game span. He's putting up video game numbers in the month of August -- .424 batting average with nine home runs, 25 RBIs, three steals and a 1.477 OPS over 17 contests -- and is currently riding a 12-game hitting streak.

Report: Red Sox calling up red-hot OF prospect after Duran injury

Last edited:
Wilyer Abreu is the player they're bringing up from AAA while Duran is on the 10 day injured list.

From the article:
The 24-year-old Venezuela native was named International Player of the Week earlier this month after launching six home runs in a six-game span. He's putting up video game numbers in the month of August -- .424 batting average with nine home runs, 25 RBIs, three steals and a 1.477 OPS over 17 contests -- and is currently riding a 12-game hitting streak.

Report: Red Sox calling up red-hot OF prospect after Duran injury

It would be nice if Abreu gives a little payback to Houston as they were the team that traded him to the Sox in the Christian Vasquez deal.

Sox go 6-4 on the road trip after today's 17-1 rout of the Astros. Abreu had his first home run and added a double with 4 RBI. It's a tough WC road ahead as Sox face 8 of 11 teams with winning records. All I can say is good luck we're all counting on you.

Last edited:
Sox go 6-4 on the road trip after today's 17-1 rout of the Astros. Abreu had his first home run and added a double with 4 RBI. It's a tough WC road ahead as Sox face 8 of 11 teams with winning records. All I can say is good luck we're all counting on you.
Cannot figure this team out. Ying and yang. Back and forth. But losing 2 in Houston and recovering from a bad start in game 3 to win the last 2 is the kind of thing a good team will do. 4 of next 6 please.

Abreu went 6 for 12 with a Home Run, 2 Doubles, 2 Walks and 5 RBIs with 2 Strikeouts in his 3 game debut against his former team.
I was kind of pissed when the Sox traded Vazquez, but it looks like they picked up a pretty good player in Abreu in the trade.

Last edited:

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back