PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Training Camp - Day 9 (8-7-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thuney has me giddy. Cyrus Jones has me giddy. Mitchell is drawing comparisons to Deion Branch. And from what it sounds like, Valentine is raw but shows good potential. It's early yet, but you have to love the progress so far. Hoping injuries don't stunt the growth of any of the top rookies.

They're gonna be contendas, I tell ya...

summary earlier showed Pats scrimmage had fifteen series, nine punts one INT one missed FG. not exactly a stellar display of offensive efficiency in Foxboro either.

summary earlier showed Pats scrimmage had fifteen series, nine punts one INT one missed FG. not exactly a stellar display of offensive efficiency in Foxboro either.

All true. But as we found out, there was more of a concerted effort to prioritize the running game in this practice. As a matter of fact the last two practices (Sunday and Monday) have been toned down because of the upcoming joint practices. The main point is the hype has always been made of these teams before the season only to have that hype bubble burst almost immediately. And we all know Tannehill hasn't proven that he can rebound from such unbalanced hype.

Before his injury last year he started 74 out of 78 games since he was drafted and 3 of the games he didn't start were his rookie year.

I don't think a freak injury like a bicep tear should put Solder on the "can he play a full season" because he played 4 full seasons and had missed only 1 game to a concussion before his biceps tear.

People are extremely quick to throw out the injury prone label

I haven't been following as much but how has the defensive line looked against the run? I am expecting this run defense to be top notch.

I haven't been following as much but how has the defensive line looked against the run? I am expecting this run defense to be top notch.
This is also one of those things that are hard to judge in camp. Plays are usually whistled dead upon first contact and there's a noticeable difference in intensity and determination in players.

With that said we were extremely organized and minus maybe 3-4 runs out of 30+ all RBs were all stopped at the line or shortly after.

Have to note.. James White looks unimpressive going in-between the tackles yet again. Great set of hands tho.

Also have to note that some players are always going full tilt... Jamie Collins noteably just fly's around the defense and seems to always be around the ball, same with Butler...

Butler, was usually the first secondary player to torpedo into the trenches looking to make a stop. This kid I tell you...going to be special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News