PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Draft Day 3: Rounds 4-7 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bpa in round (Jonathan Williams?) then let the beefcake party begin

Marshall strong safety DJ Hunter has had some serious issues in his time. Assaulted a former girlfriend in '09, and missed out on a scholarship to Tennessee when he shot someone in the face with a BB gun. So he's obviously a long shot to be picked, although by all reports, he's turned his life around significantly.

But, I just want to draw your attention to the fact that he has one of the 10 fastest 10 yard splits on record apparently at 1.45 seconds. That's at 205lbs. For comparison's sake, Tavon Austin ran a 1.45 split at 174lbs. That he's from Marshall makes him a little more interesting. BB seems to like athletic guys from Marshall.

That's the strangest draft analysis I've ever seen. Assaulted girlfriend in under 2 seconds, then split to shooting someone in the face while running around three cones.

The late picks really don't give them much to work with in terms of point value, their best use would be to help them jump up to the top of the fourth. As I just said to Manx they get you up to the 101/102 range, so if there is a player they love they have a decent shot at getting them.
Perhaps that's what happens, but I also feel like BB is worried someone will take Keenan Reynolds from him before the 6th round.

Does anyone have a list, or know where to get one, of all our picks for today? (post trade).

thanks in advance.

I get the feeling they won't even take Keenan Reynolds, and instead they'll take the Navy fullback, Chris Swain, and the Navy defensive end, Will Anthony. Just a hunch, but it would be a classic Belichick move.

I get the feeling they won't even take Keenan Reynolds, and instead they'll take the Navy fullback, Chris Swain, and the Navy defensive end, Will Anthony. Just a hunch, but it would be a classic Belichick move.

I like swain and PFF's Sam Monson really likes Anthony. He's undersized though.

@mgteich makes a solid point that 100% of BB's rds 1-4 picks have made the team. Pick 112 (if we make it) can't be that crazy, right? :)

I'd like to see us trade a couple 6ths and hop into the 4th or 5th.

If we stay as is, our offseason roster will only have 2 open slots avaliable and we know how much Bill likes to lock up a ton of UDFAs...

Would only make sense.

I'd like to see us trade a couple 6ths and hop into the 4th or 5th.

If we stay as is, our roster with only have 2 open slots avaliable and we know how much Bill likes to look up his UDFAs.

Would only make sense.

if you go by the value chart, trading the two 6s only gets you up to the higher end of the 6th.

I also wonder about Reynolds' Navy commitments and the value equation necessary to get him to be able to play here. This was part of the reason Bill spent a 5th on Cardona last year - his higher draft pick status signaled that he was an important pick to the Patriots and had a high likelihood to make the team, and helped in the endeavor to defer his commitments and allow him to play football.

Scooby! Scooby! I think he has a chance to be a stud in the NFL. A massive hidden gem. Non stop motor and tireless work ethic. Great run stopper and needs work in coverage.

Remember last year when people freaked out after the Geneo Grissom pick and then they drafted two solid guards and a good DE and people calmed down? I do.

Pats have had a pretty decent success rate in the 4th round

I also wonder about Reynolds' Navy commitments and the value equation necessary to get him to be able to play here. This was part of the reason Bill spent a 5th on Cardona last year - his higher draft pick status signaled that he was an important pick to the Patriots and had a high likelihood to make the team, and helped in the endeavor to defer his commitments and allow him to play football.
I don't really understand why people always say that is why we took Cardona in the 5th. There are about 300 players in the world that are picked to play in the NFL. I don't think being the 175th player says anything different to the military than the 300th.

Unless we were at war I cannot foresee the military denying any 20 something year old kid the opportunity to change their life in the way the NFL would allow.

They took Cardona because he can be their LS for the next decade and in a game where STs matter that is enough. People forget Slater was a 5th round pick, Ebner was a 6th round pick and Gostkowski was a 4th. Belichick has no problem using a middle round pick on a core STs player.

After that QB pick last nite can't watch anymore, looked like I seen a ghost after that pick

The Cowboys better hope Elliott is a superstar because they could've had Collins/Williams pound behind that OL in the 4th/5th rounds. Wouldn't have passed on Ramsey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents