PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Draft Day 3: Rounds 4-7 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, I want, and expect, another RB. Whether in the draft or FA. If we want a big time guy, though, next year is the year for it.

Yep- I firmly believe that they need to invest a reasonably high pick in a 3-down RB next year.

We all love Tom and I want to see him play well into his early 40s. As long as the defense can stay top 5/top 10, there is no need to have him throw the ball 600 times a year.

Love Stephen Anderson, I would welcome his addition for sure even if TE is a little crowded. Admittedly though, I have a bit of a soft spot for Cal players.

my day 3 binkies:

J Will
Stephen Anderson
Kalan Reed
Frankie Williams
Kevin Peterson

Also like Chris Swain, Navy FB, Hassan Ridgeway and Jerrell Adams, S Carolina TE.

Binkies left standing: Kelvin Taylor, Malcolm Mitchell, Moritz Boehringer, Hassan Ridgeway, Steven Daniels

Look for the pats to get a 5th rounder somehow

If they make all the picks, i believe they can only sign 2 UDFAs without cutting anyone.
They can actually sign more as the draftees don't count until they sign. So more UDFA can be signed and there's a period of time before the cuts would need to be made for the draftees.

They can actually sign more as the draftees don't count until they sign. So more UDFA can be signed and there's a period of time before the cuts would need to be made for the draftees.

Thanks. I wasn't sure about the draftees. i assumed they were added to the roster regardless of their contract situation.

I guess I should get ready for disappointment
All my binkies will be on other teams.

Not true. Draftees now count against the limit as soon as they are drafted. This changed a few years ago when they increased the off season roster from 80 to 90

Which of these are comp picks, and which can be traded? I believe there are 3 comp picks in the 6th, right?

Yup. Only the last 3 picks in the 6th are comp picks.

Not true. Draftees now count against the limit as soon as they are drafted. This changed a few years ago when they increased the off season roster from 80 to 90

So 2 or 3 UDFA's it is unless we see some cuts pre-draft. does anyone think we will?

Yup. Only the last 3 picks in the 6th are comp picks.
So their "trade ammunition" is a mid-6th, low-6th, and two low-7th's. Not a whole lot to be able to trade into the 5th with, really. Would the two 6th's packaged together be enough to move up into the middle 5th?

It would be great if a 5th only cost a 6th and a 7th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe