PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Draft Day 3: Rounds 4-7 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how big a factor the wonderlic is for RBs.

What sort of knee injury? ACL?

I've seen him compared to Arian Foster twice so seems like the perfect zone guy. I love Jonathan Williams, he's my guy. Tyler Ervin and Keith Marshall are really explosive should be good zone RBs too. And I wouldn't bet against Kelvin Taylor being the pick. Bloodlines, Florida and never fumbled.

So this is what a draft looks like when you've got so many already under contract, I guess. I thought they'd go harder at the DL, but I guess they figured with Sheard, Nink, Long, Brown, Branch, Knighton, Flowers, and Grissom, they weren't getting any upgrades.

Kind of scary how many free agents they've got next year.

Kind of scary how many free agents they've got next year.

Will have $68m available in cap space (based on the $160m '17 cap projection) plus anything they rollover or free up from cuts

Just move up and get Booker. RB really, needs to be addressed.

One that does interest me though is BC's Steven Daniels. He's a run stopper only like Spikes, but he's a seriously, seriously good run stuffer. Blows up offensive linemen in the run game. I'd be very happy with him as a late rounder or UDFA.

Daniels was the best linebacker in the country last year. He tests slow but I think he can play the underneath zones okay. He'd be a very good pick.

Frankly, I'm hoping the Patriots take the Boehringer guy just for laughs. I also don't really care about RB, most of the players available are thoroughly mediocre and won't give you anything more than Blount.

Coming back from a knee injury and scored an 8 on his wonderlic, 15 on the retest

Good to know. The ability to spell your name right is essential, in the pros. So it took two tries, I won't hold it against him.

Agree, there seems to be some good talent still at RB left.....really hope we can draft one!!!!

Marshall, Higgins,Core,Dixon, Booker,Garret, the German we can bounce back strong.

I want a flier on a RB too but we have a decent group with Lewis, Bloung and the winner of White and Brown (I only see one making it). Next year's RB group is stud laden, though, while a high pick would have been nice, this always seemed like a "get through the year at RB year" to me.

Marshall, Higgins,Core,Dixon, Booker,Garret, the German we can bounce back strong.
You will be disappointed again. Don't hold on so tight, you'll have a better ride.

I would take the risk on Marshall the German and Core and be happy.
Dixon intrigues me as well.
But Marshall and the German are my top 2 talents.

I want a flier on a RB too but we have a decent group with Lewis, Bloung and the winner of White and Brown (I only see one making it). Next year's RB group is stud laden, though, while a high pick would have been nice, this always seemed like a "get through the year at RB year" to me.

You are not wrong. I view it as more of an opportunity to be a little more diversified and opportunistic in trying to upgrade the position and reduce risk.

Blount - Hes fine for 2016 but I'd like to see an addition that has 3 down potential and be a 15-20 carry guy in case Blount gets hurt again and be the future. I would expect that they draft another RB in 2017 anyway.

Lewis- Love him but hes not a hammer. Plus coming off of a knee injury.

White- He can't run the ball.

Brown- Hes OK. Can easily be cut.

Bolden- Solid guy but if he didn't have ST value he'd be gone.

Gaffney- If he makes the roster I'd be shocked.

You are not wrong. I view it as more of an opportunity to be a little more diversified and opportunistic in trying to upgrade the position and reduce risk.
Like I said, I want, and expect, another RB. Whether in the draft or FA. If we want a big time guy, though, next year is the year for it.

I wonder if Williams will be available in the late 4th/early 5th. Would be nice to see BB be able to package some late-rounders (maybe have to borrow from next year) to move up a little bit and grab Williams on the tail end.

Why do you think we woudn't draft any of these players?
It's not that I think the Pats wouldn't, it's that we don't know exactly where they value them or how other teams value those players you mention.

6-7, but that's not solid. He only really got any attention very late in the process. He could go earlier. He's good, but he's not very explosive. His hands are outstanding though. One guy I really like is move TE Stephen Anderson of Cal. He's only 230lbs, doesn't really block, but he gets open so quickly for a guy of his size. I'd love to see them bring him in to compete in camp, probably with AJ Derby. 5th-6th for him.
Love Stephen Anderson, I would welcome his addition for sure even if TE is a little crowded. Admittedly though, I have a bit of a soft spot for Cal players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe