PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Mock Drafts

Do you all think Todd Gurley could drop to the end of the first given his off field issues and recent suspension?

Do you all think Todd Gurley could drop to the end of the first given his off field issues and recent suspension?
Really doubt it. I don't see teams having a big problem with his "off the field issues". If anything he has less carries, which is a benefit.

Really doubt it. I don't see teams having a big problem with his "off the field issues". If anything he has less carries, which is a benefit.

Like you I don't see the suspension being an issue at at all. But in today's NFL RBs aren't valued nearly as much as they used to be. Last year there were zero RBs taken in the 1st round. So Gurley falling to the late 1st, or even rd 2 wouldn't surprise me.

(Although Cameron Artis-Payne is the RB I prefer.)

Like you I don't see the suspension being an issue at at all. But in today's NFL RBs aren't valued nearly as much as they used to be. Last year there were zero RBs taken in the 1st round. So Gurley falling to the late 1st, or even rd 2 wouldn't surprise me.

(Although Cameron Artis-Payne is the RB I prefer.)

The other thing is that there's some really good RBs this year. A team could choose to grab a pass rusher in round one and then pick up a Duke Johnson or Abdullah in round two rather than getting Gurley in round one and then seeing what's left in round two.

The other thing is that there's some really good RBs this year. A team could choose to grab a pass rusher in round one and then pick up a Duke Johnson or Abdullah in round two rather than getting Gurley in round one and then seeing what's left in round two.

Gurley
Gordon
Abdullah
Davis
Johnson
Coleman
Ajayi

All rumored to be coming out. Deepest RB class in a long time.

Gurley
Gordon
Abdullah
Davis
Johnson
Coleman
Ajayi

All rumored to be coming out. Deepest RB class in a long time.

And Mark Ingram available in free agency. I think that's a possibility for us. We took a hard look at him pre-draft, he doesn't have too many miles and he doesn't fumble.

edit: Only one fumble for the Saints back in 2011. Barely fumbled for 'Bama either.

And Mark Ingram available in free agency. I think that's a possibility for us. We took a hard look at him pre-draft, he doesn't have too many miles and he doesn't fumble.

edit: Only one fumble for the Saints back in 2011. Barely fumbled for 'Bama either.

Ingram seems to be running too well for NO yo let him go, but otherwise I agree.

Add Karlos Williams to the mix very good RB.

Not sure if anyone was crazy enough to watch PSU/Maryland. But, Mike Hull looks really good. There were a few times when S. Diggs lined up in the slot. Hull had underneath coverage with help over the top. Ran stride for stride with him. If he's there with our 2nd fourth. Would consider. Don't think he falls to TB 6th.

You can add Yeldon to the rb list. I'm sure he'll declare. And, Devontae Booker from Utah.

I think the Tomlinson kid from Duke has played higher than a 3rd rounder. I'd take him in Round 2.

I've gone back and forth about a draft strategy. I've even posted I'd trade up for Scherff. Can't see that happening. He's going to be picked to high. Mentioned trading up for the right LDE opposite Chandler. I think our best shot at a championship is giving TB12 a good running game and protecting him batter. The wr's/te's are really coming around and I'm very pleased with them. Since this involves a rb and interior OL, I'm going to trade back. Re-upping Revis and McCourty of course.

Trade 32 for a pick 40-48. Get an extra 3.

2a Laken Tomlinson - G - Duke - He's going to go a lot higher than he's being projected right now. He's got great feet and he's 320lb.

2B Mike Davis - RB - South Carolina - I think Gurley and Gordon go in the first. I like his combo of size and ability to catch the ball. Can be an every down back and run the ball in short-yardage situations and the 4-minute offense.

3A TJ Clemmings - OL - Pitt - He's a tackle now, I've read some reports that project him inside. Can you envision him and Tomlinson getting a push up-front and making teams respect our play action? That'll keep TB12 happy and healthy.

Relax as Aaron Rodgers says. I haven't forgotten the defense. Just making sure the bread is buttered first.

3b Shaq Riddick - DE - West Va - Looks like a specimen and can get after the qb. Might be a reach. But, DL usually have the biggest bust ratio and hate to use a first on another one after we've gotten Chandler and Easley. 2/2 there looks like.

3c Supple Pick for losing Talib - Jeff Heuerman - TE - Ohio St - Good combo te. BB's loves his tight ends.

4a Adrian Amos - S - Penn St - Former cb who can cover and tackle.

4B Mike Hull - LB - Penn St - Team Captain and he's a Penn St linebacker. Not as good as Posluszny or Sean Lee. But, pretty good. I think he'd be an ideal sub-package lb. Runs really well. Guessing a 4.6 and benches almost 500lb. Saw him cover S.Diggs on some slot routes on Saturday.

6 from TB - Biggest DT who can move his feet.

7 from Tenn - Not sure he declares. Double-did at RB. Keith Marshall out of Georgia. Gurley's back-up. But, they have two outstanding frosh who he'll prob back-up. Why not get paid for risking your body? Ran for 759 as a true frosh. Tore his ACL last year but slow recovering. Sometimes takes backs an extra year.

I've gone back and forth about a draft strategy. I've even posted I'd trade up for Scherff. Can't see that happening. He's going to be picked to high. Mentioned trading up for the right LDE opposite Chandler. I think our best shot at a championship is giving TB12 a good running game and protecting him batter. The wr's/te's are really coming around and I'm very pleased with them. Since this involves a rb and interior OL, I'm going to trade back. Re-upping Revis and McCourty of course.

Trade 32 for a pick 40-48. Get an extra 3.

2a Laken Tomlinson - G - Duke - He's going to go a lot higher than he's being projected right now. He's got great feet and he's 320lb.

2B Mike Davis - RB - South Carolina - I think Gurley and Gordon go in the first. I like his combo of size and ability to catch the ball. Can be an every down back and run the ball in short-yardage situations and the 4-minute offense.

3A TJ Clemmings - OL - Pitt - He's a tackle now, I've read some reports that project him inside. Can you envision him and Tomlinson getting a push up-front and making teams respect our play action? That'll keep TB12 happy and healthy.

Relax as Aaron Rodgers says. I haven't forgotten the defense. Just making sure the bread is buttered first.

3b Shaq Riddick - DE - West Va - Looks like a specimen and can get after the qb. Might be a reach. But, DL usually have the biggest bust ratio and hate to use a first on another one after we've gotten Chandler and Easley. 2/2 there looks like.

3c Supple Pick for losing Talib - Jeff Heuerman - TE - Ohio St - Good combo te. BB's loves his tight ends.

4a Adrian Amos - S - Penn St - Former cb who can cover and tackle.

4B Mike Hull - LB - Penn St - Team Captain and he's a Penn St linebacker. Not as good as Posluszny or Sean Lee. But, pretty good. I think he'd be an ideal sub-package lb. Runs really well. Guessing a 4.6 and benches almost 500lb. Saw him cover S.Diggs on some slot routes on Saturday.

6 from TB - Biggest DT who can move his feet.

7 from Tenn - Not sure he declares. Double-did at RB. Keith Marshall out of Georgia. Gurley's back-up. But, they have two outstanding frosh who he'll prob back-up. Why not get paid for risking your body? Ran for 759 as a true frosh. Tore his ACL last year but slow recovering. Sometimes takes backs an extra year.

Nice mock. Some thoughts:

1. I need to watch Tomlinson based upon your recommendation. Sounds interesting.

2. Mike Davis, Duke Johnson, Tevin Coleman, TJ Yeldon. Some tremendous options for thar 20 carries per game type back. I also like the idea of signing Mark Ingram.

3. I seriously doubt TJ Clemmings will be there in the third. I think he's a first rounder or top 50 at least.

4. Mike Hull is another I need to watch. Paul Dawson from TCU is another good sub LB.

5. I'd like to invest higher in a pass rusher than you have here.

That is a mock I really like though. Good job.

Not going to do a mock but will just say that any mock I do will consist of TJ Clemmings as a first round pick and then using our third rounder to trade up in the second as high as possible for Bud Dupree. Those two are locked in as my favourite Patriot picks right now. As for RB, that will either be seeing who drops tour our 3rd round compensatory pick or signing Mark Ingram in FA.

Nice mock. Some thoughts:

1. I need to watch Tomlinson based upon your recommendation. Sounds interesting.

2. Mike Davis, Duke Johnson, Tevin Coleman, TJ Yeldon. Some tremendous options for thar 20 carries per game type back. I also like the idea of signing Mark Ingram.

3. I seriously doubt TJ Clemmings will be there in the third. I think he's a first rounder or top 50 at least.

4. Mike Hull is another I need to watch. Paul Dawson from TCU is another good sub LB.

5. I'd like to invest higher in a pass rusher than you have here.

That is a mock I really like though. Good job.

Do you see Clemmings as a RT? Can he play RG until SeaBass hangs em up? If Dupree runs as fast as reported, sub 4.5. He's a top 20 pick.

Do you see Clemmings as a RT? Can he play RG until SeaBass hangs em up? If Dupree runs as fast as reported, sub 4.5. He's a top 20 pick.

I think Clemmings is an option to play all the positions save centre. I want him for LG for us. As for Dupree, I doubt he runs under 4.5, I expect it will be in the 4.5s and you might be right and he'll go top 20. But he's not been super productive as a pass rusher in college (never more than seven sacks in a season) which might suppress his stock a little, particularly with such a strong class of pass rushers. I'd take him in the first round though.

I think Clemmings is an option to play all the positions save centre. I want him for LG for us. As for Dupree, I doubt he runs under 4.5, I expect it will be in the 4.5s and you might be right and he'll go top 20. But he's not been super productive as a pass rusher in college (never more than seven sacks in a season) which might suppress his stock a little, particularly with such a strong class of pass rushers. I'd take him in the first round though.

I wonder if we would take Clemmings in the first, Tomlinson in the second, and trade up in the third for the rb. Might be able to get a DL in free agency. Would love Fairley or Odrick to replace Vince. Could go lb and S with supplemental pick and own 4th. Using TB 4TH to move up in third.

Not going to do a mock but will just say that any mock I do will consist of TJ Clemmings as a first round pick and then using our third rounder to trade up in the second as high as possible for Bud Dupree. Those two are locked in as my favourite Patriot picks right now. As for RB, that will either be seeing who drops tour our 3rd round compensatory pick or signing Mark Ingram in FA.

I completely agree with you about Clemmings and Dupree - get those 2 guys and the rest is gravy (I still like Oakman and Scherff, BTW, but think they will be out of reach). But that's going to be hard to do. As of right now, Dupree seems more likely to go in the 1st round than Clemmings, but both are quite possible. I think I would personally be willing to do a repeat of 2012 and trade up for both guys if necessary, but that may not be enough.

I completely agree with you about Clemmings and Dupree - get those 2 guys and the rest is gravy (I still like Oakman and Scherff, BTW, but think they will be out of reach). But that's going to be hard to do. As of right now, Dupree seems more likely to go in the 1st round than Clemmings, but both are quite possible. I think I would personally be willing to do a repeat of 2012 and trade up for both guys if necessary, but that may not be enough.

We entered the 2012 draft with two firsts. Just don't see how we can move up twice. Only way would be if one fell to us at 32, and the other falls into the 40's.

Clemmings will rise to the 1st i have very little doubt about that.

Right now its either Scherff or Clemmings for me in the first, with a move up if needed.(with the32 what do you expect? duhh!!)
DE is certainly up there in terms of priority but if you think that once Mayo is back we can move either Collins or Hightower to DE and that Buchanan is yet to playthis season...I think you can grab someone later.

This if the nickel is here to stay, which i think it is.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back