PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Mock Drafts

@mayoclinic I am not a big fan of Peters, he is a head case who has a real hard time controlling his emotions on the field, it impacts his play and it happens often. Byron Jones has the size and talent to be a legitimate #1 CB.

Thats what I see in Peters. Channelled properly that could be effective but his dismissal suggests it can't be channelled appropriately.

If Byron Jones runs sub 4.50, I very much doubt he lasts to 52. I really like your first 3 picks although I think we're a little exposed at LG in 2015, I'm less excited by the rest aside from Smelter. I've only seen the one game so far and wasn't as impressed by Rowe as Mayo and you are. Jones, Marpet, Harrison and Smelter are very nice picks to the extent that whilst I'm unexcited by the other picks, with those four, I don't really care.
I am mocking based on the CBS rankings, right now Jones is #55. As we get closer to the draft, I may have to adjust or look at different players but right now, it fit. I like the makeup of Rowe more than I like his play, I am also considering Justin Cox as an alternative.

I am actually a fan of Henry Anderson from a depth perspective, I think he could be a useful player on the roster able to play early downs as a run stopper at LE in a 4-3 or 3-4. Anderson – Branch – Siliga – Jones/Sheard/Ninkovich on early downs to stop the run and then Sheard/Ninkovich – Easley – Hardison – Jones on passing downs.

@mayoclinic I am not a big fan of Peters, he is a head case who has a real hard time controlling his emotions on the field, it impacts his play and it happens often. Byron Jones has the size and talent to be a legitimate #1 CB.

That's your prerogative. I certainly want Peters evaluated carefully, and I could end up taking him off my board altogether, but I think he has the ideal skill set for what I want the Pats to do. Jones is a phenomenal athlete, but I'm not convinced that he'll ever play quite that well. JMHO, but I understand your point of view.

Thats what I see in Peters. Channelled properly that could be effective but his dismissal suggests it can't be channelled appropriately.
He allegedly chocked an assistant head coach; the kid is not even on my draft board. He is not special enough to take the risk on in my opinion.

That's your prerogative. I certainly want Peters evaluated carefully, and I could end up taking him off my board altogether, but I think he has the ideal skill set for what I want the Pats to do. Jones is a phenomenal athlete, but I'm not convinced that he'll ever play quite that well. JMHO, but I understand your point of view.
The thing that I learned from having Revis here was that many CBs have talent, but what makes a truly great CB is intelligence, players like Peters, Shaw, Darby have talent, but they seem to lack the mental aptitude to be elite, if they are not smart enough to make good decisions off the field how can they be trusted to make good decisions on the field.

Completely off-topic but when does this basketball thingy finish? all the people I follow on twitter all start talking basketball rather than football and it's all meaningless gibberish to me. I really don't enjoy this time of year.

He allegedly chocked an assistant head coach; the kid is not even on my draft board. He is not special enough to take the risk on in my opinion.

Based on tape, I rate Peters as one of the 5 best press-man CB prospects in the past 6+ years, along with Patrick Peterson, Joe Haden, Kyle Fuller and Jimmy Smith. Smith fell to 25 because of character concerns, the other 3 were top 15 picks.

Peters character needs to be checked closely in terms of his ability to take coaching and fit within the system, without a doubt. He's either very high on my board or not on it at all. For now, he's high on it.

Based on tape, I rate Peters as one of the 5 best press-man CB prospects in the past 6+ years, along with Patrick Peterson, Joe Haden, Kyle Fuller and Jimmy Smith. Smith fell to 25 because of character concerns, the other 3 were top 15 picks.

Peters character needs to be checked closely in terms of his ability to take coaching and fit within the system, without a doubt. He's either very high on my board or not on it at all. For now, he's high on it.
Once you get past the character concerns I still worry about the 4.50+ 40 time and the 7.00+ 3 cone time. I cannot even think of an elite CB that has run a 3 cone over 7 seconds.

Completely off-topic but when does this basketball thingy finish? all the people I follow on twitter all start talking basketball rather than football and it's all meaningless gibberish to me. I really don't enjoy this time of year.
I think it wraps up by the end of March.

Once you get past the character concerns I still worry about the 4.50+ 40 time and the 7.00+ 3 cone time. I cannot even think of an elite CB that has run a 3 cone over 7 seconds.

7.08. 3 of the guys on my top list of recent CBs weren't that much better: Kyle Fyller (6.90), Jimmy Smith (6.93) and Joe Haden (6.94). I'm not sure the difference is that critical. But I sure hope it bumps Peters down to the Pats.

He's not wrong. On combine alone, I can see only two CBs drafted in the first round with 7.00 plus 3-cone, both by the Cowboys: Mike Jenkins, Morris Claiborne.

7.08. 3 of the guys on my top list of recent CBs weren't that much better: Kyle Fyller (6.90), Jimmy Smith (6.93) and Joe Haden (6.94). I'm not sure the difference is that critical. But I sure hope it bumps Peters down to the Pats.

It's interesting that you criticised PJ Williams for lack of top end speed and COD when he's almost identical to Peters. Why do you see a difference?

It's interesting that you criticised PJ Williams for lack of top end speed and COD when he's almost identical to Peters. Why do you see a difference?

Because their tape is markedly different. I'm not basing it on their numbers. Peters flips his hips and changes direction beautifully, based on his film.

Man, I'm in heaven. First the Pats won the Super Bowl and now my GSU Panthers get an upset in basketball today. :D

Man, I'm in heaven. First the Pats won the Super Bowl and now my GSU Panthers get an upset in basketball today. :D

Please bear in mind that I'm British and have no interest in basketball so all I heard was "First the Pats won the Super Bowl and now blah blah blah blah." :)

Seriously, I get the impression this was a shock so I'm very happy for you.

Please bear in mind that I'm British and have no interest in basketball so all I heard was "First the Pats won the Super Bowl and now blah blah blah blah." :)

Seriously, I get the impression this was a shock so I'm very happy for you.

Please bear in mind that I'm American and have no interest in basketball. I had no idea that there was a tourney going on.

Please bear in mind that I'm American and have no interest in basketball. I had no idea that there was a tourney going on.

I don't know how, it's everywhere on twitter. And FWIW, I think they stopped calling things a "tourney" back in the 15th century :)

I don't know how, it's everywhere on twitter. And FWIW, I think they stopped calling things a "tourney" back in the 15th century :)

Oddly, this one is often called a tourney. The fact that Mayo used that term suggests more of a familiarity with college basketball than he claims. ;)

The key to understanding the hoopla is that it's America's favorite gambling event. Offices across the country have pools and everybody, including non-sports fans, fills out "brackets." Back in grad school I won a much needed $150 for my predictions. These days, being self-employed and without a pool, the tourney holds no interest for me at all.

He allegedly chocked an assistant head coach; the kid is not even on my draft board.

If you'd actually researched instead of jumping to conclusions, you'd've learned that that Assistant Coach rolled away 17 times, previously, before Peters chocked'm. He did'm a solid, Bro.
thumb.gif

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back