PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Mock Drafts

1. Kevin Johnson - CB - Wake Forest - I like 5 corners; Waynes, Peters, Collins, Jones and Johnson.
I think one will be available at 32. And, want to stand pat.

I agree with this approach. I agree that if those available from 20-32 are close in value, then we are likely to draft at 32.

However, there are two issues.

1) Belichick may not have all five anywhere near equal on his board.
2) There may be a run on corners with a large risk that one of the five will not be available.

So, I would really like to get a CB that Belichick really likes at 32. I think most current mocks have at least one that each of likes available. However, I think that there is a strong possibility that we will need to trade a pick to move up to get our man.

I agree with this approach. I agree that if those available from 20-32 are close in value, then we are likely to draft at 32.

However, there are two issues.

1) Belichick may not have all five anywhere near equal on his board.
2) There may be a run on corners with a large risk that one of the five will not be available.

So, I would really like to get a CB that Belichick really likes at 32. I think most current mocks have at least one that each of likes available. However, I think that there is a strong possibility that we will need to trade a pick to move up to get our man.[/QUOTE

Pitt, Philly, GB, Dallas and Balt need help at cb too. I'm not sure there is anyone good enough to move to 19, Tippett has a move to 26 in his. At least that's ahead of Dallas and GB who could also pick a CB.

The ATippett56 Mock Draft Extravaganza :eek:

2015 New England Patriots Realistic Mock Draft - 3/28/15 :D

Trade 32nd Overall Pick & 96th Overall Pick to the Baltimore Ravens for the 26th Overall Pick

1-26: Kevin Johnson, CB - Wake Forest (26)
2-64: Ali Marpet, OG - Hobart (80)
3-97: Cedric Ogbuehi, OT - Texas A&M (100)
4-101: Mike Davis, RB - South Carolina (101) or Terrence Magee, RB - Louisiana State (145)
4-131: Chris Conley, WR - Georgia (122) or Kenny Bell, WR - Nebraska (136)
6-177: Craig Mager, CB - Texas State (215) or Justin Coleman, CB - Tennessee (256)
7-219: Deon Simon, DT - Nortwestern State (247) or Tyeler Davison, DT - Fresno State (285)
7-253: Mark Glowinski, OG - West Virginia (292)

I really like Kenny Bell of Nebraska. Very productive player who ran the whole route tree for Nebraska.

If he could master our playbook, we could have something with him.

This is not my mock draft per say. This is the draft I think the Patriots will have.

#32 PJ Williams - CB - I think one of Collins/Jones/Peters will still be on the board but the Pats will take Williams. He is a very good STs player and we all know how much BB likes that. This pick would remind me of Devin McCourty who many considered a bit of a reach at the time.

#64 Tevin Coleman - RB - A decent value pick but would not be the pick I would make. That Pats have shown time and again they really don't like to pick Guards inside the top 100 and I don't think that changes this year. Still he will be an upgrade over Ridley and improve the run game.

#96 - Tony Lippet - WR/CB - Just seems like a Patriots player to me. Versatility is the biggest sell here as well as his very Patriot like attitude. I think BB will fall in love with this kid. Also Amendola IMO is here on a 1 year contract and this could address that future need as well as perhaps a CB future need.

#97comp -Taiwan Jones - LB - You know every Patriots draft tends to have a reach at some point. Here it is. This is a move in preparation for the Mayo/Hightower/Jones issue coming up next year. They want a LB they can add in when someone has to go. Jones is a bit limited in what he can do but will be a solid role player.

#102 - John Miller - OG - The Pats finally pull the trigger on a guard and in normal Patriots fashion do it in the 4th. This guy is not a player many of us have looked at and is a bit undersized compared to other players we might like but fits with how they like their guards and is bigger than Connolly/Wendell anyway. Needs some coaching up.

Trade- The Pats are going to make a trade down at this point with our 4th round pick (which could be the Jets 4th round pick... lets say it is the Jets and we get a low 4th and 5th and if not it if a 5th and 6th).

4th/5th - Ellis McCarthy - DT/NT - I think the Pats are looking for a bigger DT to stuff the middle and let Easley cause havoc. A bit of a boring pick but I see the reasoning.

5th/6th - Corey Robinson - OT - The size the Pats like in OTs and is injured dropping his value. This move is done with the fact that Solder is not under contract in 2016 so they need an insurance policy.

6th - Jeremiah Poutasi - OG - The Pats double dip guard and pick a guy with upside but who is a huge question mark. Could be a steal or this years Halapio - G.

7th - (traded... They will trade this pick for something... IDK what but I think it goes to next year or for a minor player or something)

7thcomp - Deion Barnes - DE - Some competition brought in on the back end of the DE depth chart. This would be a decent value pick with a player who might be able to make the jump. Has the size the Pats like at 6'4 260.

So like I said. Not the draft I would want them to have but my best guess right now.

Last edited:
Kevin Johnson cb, Cameron Versatile Erving, Grady Jarrett, Tyler Lockett= needs and values bingo

Walter has a new 5 rounder out. They've got us taking

1. Eddie Goldman - DT - FSU
2. J. Matias - OL - FSU - Spanish for Halapio
3. M. Bennett - DT - OSU
3. D. Grant - CB - OSU
4. D. Johnson - RB - N Iowa
4. T. Kropf - TE- Rutgers

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015.php

We could have this though

1. Byron Jones or Kevin Johnson at CB
2. Marpet or Cann at Guard
3. M. Hardison - DT
3. T. McBride - WR
4. D. Johnson - RB - Thought that was a good pick
4. J. Douglas - OL - Double dip on that ol.

This is not my mock draft per say. This is the draft I think the Patriots will have.

#32 PJ Williams - CB - I think one of Collins/Jones/Peters will still be on the board but the Pats will take Williams. He is a very good STs player and we all know how much BB likes that. This pick would remind me of Devin McCourty who many considered a bit of a reach at the time.

#64 Tevin Coleman - RB - A decent value pick but would not be the pick I would make. That Pats have shown time and again they really don't like to pick Guards inside the top 100 and I don't think that changes this year. Still he will be an upgrade over Ridley and improve the run game.

#96 - Tony Lippet - WR/CB - Just seems like a Patriots player to me. Versatility is the biggest sell here as well as his very Patriot like attitude. I think BB will fall in love with this kid. Also Amendola IMO is here on a 1 year contract and this could address that future need as well as perhaps a CB future need.

#97comp -Taiwan Jones - LB - You know every Patriots draft tends to have a reach at some point. Here it is. This is a move in preparation for the Mayo/Hightower/Jones issue coming up next year. They want a LB they can add in when someone has to go. Jones is a bit limited in what he can do but will be a solid role player.

#102 - John Miller - OG - The Pats finally pull the trigger on a guard and in normal Patriots fashion do it in the 4th. This guy is not a player many of us have looked at and is a bit undersized compared to other players we might like but fits with how they like their guards and is bigger than Connolly/Wendell anyway. Needs some coaching up.

Trade- The Pats are going to make a trade down at this point with our 4th round pick (which could be the Jets 4th round pick... lets say it is the Jets and we get a low 4th and 5th and if not it if a 5th and 6th).

4th/5th - Ellis McCarthy - DT/NT - I think the Pats are looking for a bigger DT to stuff the middle and let Easley cause havoc. A bit of a boring pick but I see the reasoning.

5th/6th - Corey Robinson - OT - The size the Pats like in OTs and is injured dropping his value. This move is done with the fact that Solder is not under contract in 2016 so they need an insurance policy.

6th - Jeremiah Poutasi - OG - The Pats double dip guard and pick a guy with upside but who is a huge question mark. Could be a steal or this years Halapio - G.

7th - (traded... They will trade this pick for something... IDK what but I think it goes to next year or for a minor player or something)

7thcomp - Deion Barnes - DE - Some competition brought in on the back end of the DE depth chart. This would be a decent value pick with a player who might be able to make the jump. Has the size the Pats like at 6'4 260.

So like I said. Not the draft I would want them to have but my best guess right now.

Great not your mock! i would be very happy if bb could pull this off.

This is part what I want, part my prediction of picks that might happen:

No trades, no made up picks.

32. Byron Jones, UConn, CB

I've said my piece on Jones.

64. Grady Jarrett, Clemson, DL

Fast becoming one of my favourite prospects. I still prefer Hardison albeit increasingly marginally, but I think Jarrett is the more likely pick.

96. John Miller, Louisville, OL

I can't get a read on what BB will do on the OL. However, Miller is a good combination of need and value here and BB did go to the Louisville pro day.

97. Mike Davis, S. Carolina, RB

The Patriots seem to have given him a fair amount of attention. A bigger back that replaces Gray on the roster and Blount long-term?

101. Ben Heeney, Kansas, LB

Not a great fit in terms of size, but is athletically and could be an excellent special-teamer.

131. Kenny Bell, Nebraska, WR

An excellent blocking WR with intelligence and the ability to get deep.

177. JaCorey Shepherd, Kansas, CB

Excellent ability to get his hands on the ball, something BB values at CB. Intriguing coachable talent.

219. Bobby Hart, FSU, OL

Scar seems to have put some serious work into looking at the FSU OL and whilst it could be Erving, Jackson or Matias they're looking at, Hart makes sense because: a) I believe he's the youngest player in the draft so plenty of time to develop him and B) can sit behind Wendell for a year at RG.

253. Cassius Sendish, Kansas, S

Watched a Ben Heeney video and Sendish was flying all over the field making tackles. Only confirms what I already know. Love this kid!

Priority UDFA:

Kristjan Sokoli, DT, Buffalo - Only because I want to include someone with JJ Watt's athleticism

One of:

Angelo Blackson, Auburn DT
David Parry, Stanford, DT
Darius Kilgo, Maryland, DT

Ran out of draft picks, but I do think there's a chance BB double dips at DT if he goes with a more penetrating type like Jarrett early. A two down run-stopper like the above three is a good possibility. BB or Caserio have been to each of these three's pro-days.

So there you have it. A Kansan triple-dip (hopefully the NFL is sleeping on the value of these three - we do know the Patriots have some interest), two DTs (three if you include Sokoli) and a double-dip at CB which amounts to Byron Jones plus serious competition amongst the rest of the cornerbacks. And, I hit on CB, DT, OG with the first three picks.

Last edited:
With the draft capital we already own (we need to see what happens with the Tampering and #FrameGate situations) I normally in any year would expect us to trade down and trade back this year.

With a championship roster in place and too many picks we simply can't utilize, I'm thinking Bill pulls the trigger and we move up and target a player. I know. Many will read this and give it a Spock eyebrow (RIP Leonard Nimoy)

For a couple of the early years I thought, "Hey, maybe we move up and go after player X", only to have Bill trade down and back into future years. Last year 3 of our 4 6-7 Rd picks didn't make the team. It's not because they sucked, it's because there's already so much talent. Gaffney was a great move. Stash him (the NFL equivelent of a red-shirt) after CAR inexplicablty exposes him. Halapio, Thomas and Gallon. Great picks. We just didn't have the room to keep them. 2 of them went minor league and another got a shot on a pro club. If any of them wind up on the 90 this summer I wouldn't be shocked

Justin Jones was my binkie last year. I wanted this kid badly, and then we picked him up and gave him not 1, but 2 shots to make the club, they let him go. To me it seems like we've gotten to a point where there's to much back end talent on the roster. Do we need a 6-6 275lb pass rusher in this draft? We've already got him. His names Zach Moore. #90 in your program.

This is the draft I hope we trade up in. That's just what I see.

64. Grady Jarrett, Clemson, DL

Fast becoming one of my favourite prospects. I still prefer Hardison albeit increasingly marginally, but I think Jarrett is the more likely pick.
I made a quick judgement a few weeks back prior to scouting Jarrett and spoke negatively, I was way off on that, I think he would be an excellent selection.

For Tipp. I'm not crazy about double-dipping at wr and ol before I address the DL. I'd rather have a DT and RB than those double ups. I do like the players. Just a little too much at the same position. Just a hunch. But, I think we'll acquire a veteran who can play LG. Wiz or Mathis. Making DT a higher priority than G at 64,

I like your mock Manx. My priorities are CB and DT. I mentioned above G gets filled in free agency. I hope Carl Davis falls to 50 so we can trade up for him. I'd pass on Heeney if I can do that. I think we can get a starting G at 96 or 97. Especially, if he doesn't have to start right away. Really hoping we can get Mike Davis too. He was fantastic as a soph. Had some nagging injuries this past year Can't believe he ran a 4.38.

For Tipp. I'm not crazy about double-dipping at wr and ol before I address the DL. I'd rather have a DT and RB than those double ups. I do like the players. Just a little too much at the same position. Just a hunch. But, I think we'll acquire a veteran who can play LG. Wiz or Mathis. Making DT a higher priority than G at 64,

I like your mock Manx. My priorities are CB and DT. I mentioned above G gets filled in free agency. I hope Carl Davis falls to 50 so we can trade up for him. I'd pass on Heeney if I can do that. I think we can get a starting G at 96 or 97. Especially, if he doesn't have to start right away. Really hoping we can get Mike Davis too. He was fantastic as a soph. Had some nagging injuries this past year Can't believe he ran a 4.38.

I think Mike Davis' 4.38 was wind-assisted, at least that's what I'm seeing reported on twitter and that his official pro-day time was a little slower. I think he's got good hands and is a good blocker and has surprising burst (Gurley-esque) once he hits a hole but he's not one of my favourites. I'm certainly a lot more comfortable with him, but he's not got a lot of make you miss ability. I think he's a good one-cut runner and short yardage/third down back. I'm not convinced he's a workhorse type back. Still, he's the only RB they've paid any significant interest in.

I think it's looking fairly likely that they go CB-DT in the first two rounds in either order with a few possible exceptions (still think Cam Erving is a strong possibility for example) and that the OL could come anywhere after that. I think there's a good chance there will be a day 3 WR, and as for linebacker, who knows. They've certainly shown interest in FA and have worked out Dawson and Heeney. If you were to put me on the spot, I think they'll sign or trade for a linebacker post-draft.

This is the draft I hope we trade up in. That's just what I see.

OK...for whom? Trading up isn't a plan in itself, it's about getting somebody in particular.

Here are the 10 players picked before #32 in Draftek's consensus mock. Which of them do you see as enough of a difference maker that you'd give up day-2 picks for him?

Kevin Johson, CB Wake Forest
Melvin Gordon, RB WisconsinO
Jalen Collins, CB LSU
Jake Fisher, OL Oregon
Arik Armstead, DE Oregon
Malcom Brown, DT Texas
A.J. Cann, OG South Carolina
Eddie Goldman, DT Florida State
Marcus Peters, CB Washington
Paul Dawson, LB Texas Christian

2 guys I'm really high on: Tony Lippet (Mich) and Byron Jones (UConn). We need some back-end defense to step up and fill the voids Browner and Revis left us. Interior OG and DT is also a weakness.

For the "We need a tall WR" crowd, trade up for Kevin White or forget it. He's going to be a game changer. Smelter and McBride won't happen. Why, you ask. He's gotten pumped here. If you think no ones paying attention to this site, your wrong.

My WR guy is Tyler Lockett from K-State. He's not 6 foot 4 and can't run a 3.9 40. This kid can play football, has the genes and the underacheiver attitude we love.

He's my Troy Brown "binkie" in this draft. Drop a Red-White and Blue jersey on this kid and we'll fall in love with him.

OK...for whom? Trading up isn't a plan in itself, it's about getting somebody in particular.

Here are the 10 players picked before #32 in Draftek's consensus mock. Which of them do you see as enough of a difference maker that you'd give up day-2 picks for him?

Kevin Johson, CB Wake Forest
Melvin Gordon, RB WisconsinO
Jalen Collins, CB LSU
Jake Fisher, OL Oregon
Arik Armstead, DE Oregon
Malcom Brown, DT Texas
A.J. Cann, OG South Carolina
Eddie Goldman, DT Florida State
Marcus Peters, CB Washington
Paul Dawson, LB Texas Christian
Love ya patchick, but that's a solid 10 list of "Will never wear a Patriots jersey....ever"

Love ya patchick, but that's a solid 10 list of "Will never wear a Patriots jersey....ever"

Hey, you're the one trading up for them, not me! :)

That was my whole point -- you said you want to trade up, and those are the guys projected to be available to trade up for. It doesn't look worth it to me. Who are you targeting?

Change things up mock…

Jets tampering results in #96 for #70 swap
Trade #32 to the Eagles for Evan Mathis, #52, and #84

#52-Ali Marpet, OL
#64-Steven Nelson, CB
#70-Grady Jarrett, DL
#84-Jaquiski Tartt, SAF
#97-Mike Davis, RB
#101-Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB
#131-Deon Simon, DL
#177-Tye Smith, CB
#219-DeAndre Smelter, WR
#253-Kristjan Sokoli, DL

Change things up mock…

Jets tampering results in #96 for #70 swap
Trade #32 to the Eagles for Evan Mathis, #52, and #84

#52-Ali Marpet, OL
#64-Steven Nelson, CB
#70-Grady Jarrett, DL
#84-Jaquiski Tartt, SAF
#97-Mike Davis, RB
#101-Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB
#131-Deon Simon, DL
#177-Tye Smith, CB
#219-DeAndre Smelter, WR
#253-Kristjan Sokoli, DL

I like the mock a lot, i'm not sure about Marpet being the #1 pick though. 3 cornerbacks is interesting - that would make for some camp battle at CB. I love the Jarrett pick and I'm a fan of your last two as well.

Hey, you're the one trading up for them, not me! :)

That was my whole point -- you said you want to trade up, and those are the guys projected to be available to trade up for. It doesn't look worth it to me. Who are you targeting?
Damn, you called me out.....:)....I love Lockett, but we probably don't have to trade up to get him. Brandon Sherff. Big, pissed off Iowa kid for the interior line. You cornered me and I shot my typing fingers off. He looks and feels like a bad-ass. So there ya go.....:)

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back