PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 Early Entries Thread

More draft gossip from Tony Pauline:

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=10305

I'm hoping that Andrus Peat and Taylor Decker both come out. The more 1st round linemen, the better.
I was under the impression Decker would be staying, I'd love to grab him at #32 if that need if there with Solder being a questionable contributor, my second favorite T after Scherff, huge fan

I wouldn't cut ties with Solder. But, if we do. Vollmer could slide to LT and we'd draft a RT. Look for someone 6'6" OT taller. Not sure Scherff, Clemmings and La'el Collins have the length BB wants in a tackle.

Coaches like Saban and Meyer push the players very hard. There's a bunch of injuries. You play 15 games if you make the title game. With no pay. I don't blame the players who leave school early one bit

I wouldn't cut ties with Solder. But, if we do. Vollmer could slide to LT and we'd draft a RT. Look for someone 6'6" OT taller. Not sure Scherff, Clemmings and La'el Collins have the length BB wants in a tackle.

Coaches like Saban and Meyer push the players very hard. There's a bunch of injuries. You play 15 games if you make the title game. With no pay. I don't blame the players who leave school early one bit

I wouldn't cut ties with Solder yet either, but I don't see him being extended, awful health and questionable performances since his head injuries, Vollmer at LT is a smart plan, and I agree BB loves MONSTERS at OT, these top tier guys don't really fit that

For the offseason, I think our main FA priorities are retaining Revis, McCourty, Gos, Vereen, and Ayers, I'm Patrick Chung's biggest fan on this planet which is why I think he should take the outside money and run, he's very replaceable, I also obviously want Amendola released, with whatever money we have left maybe we can grab some defensive depth or a WR (Fitz? Colston?)

Draft wise, I would love to see us a DE early (Shilique Calhoun? Armstead? Edwards? Golden?), followed by a Day 2 OG (Kouandjio? Matias?) and legitimate WR options (Agholor? Funchess? Greene? Crowder?)

PS: Find me a better WR group than: Edelman, LaFell, Fitz/Colston, Dobson, and Rashaad Greene
Or a better LB trio than Mayo, Hightower, and Collins

The only groups that would rival us are likely PIT's WRs and SF's LBs

Andrus Peat reportedly declares:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ford-ot-andrus-peat-will-enter-2015-nfl-draft

That's a big boost to the OL class. As of right now:

- Andrus Peat, Stanford
- Cedric Oghuehi, Texas A&M
- La'el Collins, LSU
- TJ Clemmings, Pittsburgh
- Brandon Scherff, Iowa
- Cam Erving, Florida St.
- Ty Sambrailo, Colorado St.
- Ereck Flowers, Miami
- Jake Fisher, Oregon
- DJ Humphries, Florida
- Jeremiah Poutasi, Utah

Still on the fence:

- Ronnie Stanley, Notre Dame
- Taylor Decker, Ohio St. (per Tony Pauline)
- Jack Conklin, Michigan St.

My mouth is watering at the potential of this draft class.

Good for him, great receiving TE in an awful college system, would love to see him in NE, knew he'd be going pro since '12, hope he does well

This year's TE class is shaping up nicely, especially if you include Funchess: Funchess, O'Leary, Walford, Koyack, Kroft, Heuerman, Bell, Uzomah, McGhee, and now James (My top 5 are Funchess, O'Leary, James, Koyack, Kroft, wouldn't mind either one)

My mouth is watering at the potential of this draft class.

It's not as deep as last year's, but it's looking pretty solid. There are some very enticing day 3 prospects, too.

You can't forget maxx Williams is a part of this draft class. But nonetheless it is a very deep class.

You can't forget maxx Williams is a part of this draft class. But nonetheless it is a very deep class.

I know he's struggled this season, but I really like Jesse James as a day 3 pick and Hooman upgrade.

I know he's struggled this season, but I really like Jesse James as a day 3 pick and Hooman upgrade.

He's an h-back. My problem with him isn't his blocking performance. At times it seemed like he didn't even try. I think he was pretty healthy. I saw every PSU he played on tv or was at the game. People on here ripped Goldman(not you) for his Rose Bowl performance. Watch James on PSU's running plays and tell me he was giving 100pct. No way. He's 6'7" 250lb. Not some scrawny wr. I usually support the PSU players. I'd pass on him. I'd like to get an in-line TE who can block. In case Gronk were to get injured. And, to take a little blocking responsbilities away from Gronk as his career moves on. Also, I was very disappointed in Adrian Amos in the Pinstripe Bowl. Thought he took poor angles and avoided contacted. Not what I want in my safeties.

He's an h-back. My problem with him isn't his blocking performance. At times it seemed like he didn't even try. I think he was pretty healthy. I saw every PSU he played on tv or was at the game. People on here ripped Goldman(not you) for his Rose Bowl performance. Watch James on PSU's running plays and tell me he was giving 100pct. No way. He's 6'7" 250lb. Not some scrawny wr. I usually support the PSU players. I'd pass on him. I'd like to get an in-line TE who can block. In case Gronk were to get injured. And, to take a little blocking responsbilities away from Gronk as his career moves on. Also, I was very disappointed in Adrian Amos in the Pinstripe Bowl. Thought he took poor angles and avoided contacted. Not what I want in my safeties.

I thought James is more like 6'7" 270# (though I know he's listed as 254# on the Penn St. site). It's hard to imagine him as an H-back at that size, and I think he's got the frame to fill out more. I know his blocking is not his strong suit, but he has the frame to be able to do it.

As I see it, he has the athleticism to be a poor man's Jimmy Graham. If he can develop his blocking, he could be a poor man's Gronk. But I agree that work ethic and effort issues would be a major red flag.

James was listed at 6'7" 255lb. I like the kid from OSU more. Heuerman. Pains me to say. But, he'll stick his nose in there and block. And, is an adequate receiver. We really have two guys for that h-back role. One who can block. Develin. One who is a good receiver. Wright. I think we need a TE who can backup Gronk. Don't see James as that guy. Despite his size.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back