PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 Early Entries Thread

Spencer Drango is staying for his senior year.

Damn! ASU RB DJ Foster is staying for his senior year. Would have been a lock in my mock until such time as Shane Vereen was resigned.

Here's one for Mayo. Oklahoma DT Jordan Phillips has declared for the draft. Need to watch this guy.

Here's one for Mayo. Oklahoma DT Jordan Phillips has declared for the draft. Need to watch this guy.

Excellent! Haven't heard anything official about Malcolm Brown yet, but I'm very high on Eddie Goldman, Brown and Phillips. Would love to get one of those guys plus one of Noah Spence/Owamagbe Odighizuwa later on.

Rutgers RS Junior TE Tyler Kroft has declared, excited about him, gonna be a great pass catcher, wouldn't mind taking him once our needs are addressed (Schiano recruit)
6'6" 240, agile route runner with good hands, underused his final year at RU

Rutgers RS Junior TE Tyler Kroft has declared, excited about him, gonna be a great pass catcher, wouldn't mind taking him once our needs are addressed (Schiano recruit)
6'6" 240, agile route runner with good hands, underused his final year at RU

Penn St.'s Jesse James is still considering coming out, though undecided. He hasn't materialized as the force I thought he would be, but his program was in transition after BOB left. He has a ton of athleticism and talent. Someone I'd think highly about in the 4th round, or possibly even late 3rd.

Penn St.'s Jesse James is still considering coming out, though undecided. He hasn't materialized as the force I thought he would be, but his program was in transition after BOB left. He has a ton of athleticism and talent. Someone I'd think highly about in the 4th round, or possibly even late 3rd.
I think he stays after a rough year but it's interesting to see Franklin and PSU lose a lot of underclassmen who didn't expect to leave

Damn! ASU RB DJ Foster is staying for his senior year. Would have been a lock in my mock until such time as Shane Vereen was resigned.
Not a White fan?

Not a White fan?

We haven't really seen enough. What I am though is a Foster fan for a Vereen replacement. He's almost the same guy and might be better. He has a 1000 yards rushing this year and approx 500 yards receiving each of the last three years. And those 1000 yards came even though he spends quite a lot of the time in the slot.

Anyway, I have him pencilled in for next year.

The combine invites are starting to get leaked as well now. First one I saw was a name I didn't know. He's Ryan Delaire a 6'4", 250lb DE/OLB from Towson
77661403.jpg

Check out the length of those arms.

Highlight video only, but impressive explosion and NFL quality athleticism. Also has an impressive inside swim move.

Interesting. I thought he might end up the leading LT in this draft

https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/550108340580532226

Rob Rang on the matchup between Stanley and LSU DE Danielle Hunter yesterday:

The Music City Bowl featured one of the more intriguing one-on-one matchups of the bowl season with Notre Dame's star left tackle Ronnie Stanley matching up with LSU's edge rusher Danielle Hunter.

While Stanley and the Irish were ultimately successful (winning 31-28 on a literally last-second field goal), Hunter won his share of the battles, as well, beating the talented pass blocker with length, agility and surprising power. Each demonstrated the traits that have earned them a spot in my updated 2015 first round mock draft.

Though the players demonstrated NFL-caliber tools, neither has yet announced their plans for next season. Stanley is just a redshirt sophomore, who made the switch to left tackle this year to replace Dallas' first round pick Zack Martin. Already, however, the 6-foot-6, 318 pounder has left an impression on scouts, showing the combination of length and agility teams crave at left tackle. The 2015 crop of tackles is a strong one (and got stronger yesterday) but many of the players project best to the right side, which could make Martin highly sought after come draft-day.

Stanley's showed great balance and fluidity in his kick-slide, handling the length and speed rushes from the lanky 6-foot-6, 240 pound Hunter for most of the day. In the running game, Stanley has very good initial quickness to turn and seal defenders from the action. He showed it off in the first quarter, sealing Hunter inside on a 26-yard run by Irish quarterback Malik Zaire and in releasing to stalk and pin LSU defensive back Tre'Davious White to the outside on a quick wide receiver screen to William Fuller that gave Notre Dame its first touchdown.

Like his LSU predecessor, Barkevious Mingo, Hunter lacks the bulk preferred as a down defensive lineman. Hunter is stronger than he looks - showing a powerful slap and the ability to lock-out and anchor when he keeps his pad level low - but it is the agility that he possesses that makes him unique. Long, rangy players like Hunter rarely possess his ability to change directions - traits that could intrigue NFL clubs looking for stand-up rushers.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...rclassmen-flash-nfl-talent-in-music-city-bowl

I'm surprised Barnes declared. 4th year junior. A little undersized. May not even be 250. Not much different than Michael Buchanan.

Both PSU players who declared just graduated in Dec. They were thru a lot in their 4 years. Were recruited by Paterno. Were there when the Sandusky news broke and Paterno was fired. Played for O'Brien for two and Franklin for one. Sometimes it's just time to move on.

I'm surprised Barnes declared. 4th year junior. A little undersized. May not even be 250. Not much different than Michael Buchanan.

Both PSU players who declared just graduated in Dec. They were thru a lot in their 4 years. Were recruited by Paterno. Were there when the Sandusky news broke and Paterno was fired. Played for O'Brien for two and Franklin for one. Sometimes it's just time to move on.
James was also recruited by Paterno, maybe he'll leave as well

I didn't think hunter did much in the Notre Dame game.

Josh Robinson has declared today. Tony Pauline thinks Deontay Greenberry (WR Houston) is a lock to declare too.

Josh Robinson has declared today. Tony Pauline thinks Deontay Greenberry (WR Houston) is a lock to declare too.

I'd love to get Josh Robinson day 3. DeAndre Smelter - Josh Robinson - Tre McBride would be a great late round trio.

The combine invites are starting to get leaked as well now. First one I saw was a name I didn't know. He's Ryan Delaire a 6'4", 250lb DE/OLB from Towson
77661403.jpg

Check out the length of those arms.

Highlight video only, but impressive explosion and NFL quality athleticism. Also has an impressive inside swim move.

Speaking w/a few NFL people, they're higher on #Towson's DE Ryan Delaire than what's being discussed around the web

https://twitter.com/FBallGameplan/status/550366873733570560

You get these every year.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe