PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2014 Off-Season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Eyes

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
It’s never too early to talk about the off-season!

What personnel moves do you want to see made? What moves do you think will be made?

I’d like to sign Alex Mack in free agency and shore up that interior O-line but I rather doubt that the Browns let him hit the market. Hopefully Talib will be signed for a few years in addition to Edelperson, I also think Jacob Tamme would be a very solid low-cost piece to the offense.

What do you want to see happen?

I kind of want a physical outside WR like Mike Evans. If not, a nose tackle like Nix or an offensive lineman.

Nt, dt, ol, rb

By giving attention to the off-season we risk missing out on the special season happening right now, don'tcha think?

By giving attention to the off-season we risk missing out on the special season happening right now, don'tcha think?

No. How does talking about the coming off-season prevent me from enjoying the current season?

No. How does talking about the coming off-season prevent me from enjoying the current season?

I'm just a fan of living in the moment, I suppose. ;)

In addition to replenishing the talent along the interior of both lines, I wouldn't mind seeing an adept replacement for the one who shall not be named in that Joker/H-back role.

looking at our own players first.

contract negotiations for Wilfork and Mankins maybe. Kelly too.
Long term deal for McCourty.
Talib gone (too expensive)
2 to 3 year deal for Edelman.

outside help for Both lines too.
Skill side. Maybe a Ridley trade (or maybe not)

Man I need to get a new calendar, I could have sworn we were still more than 2 months away from the Pats winning the super bowl, I guess I must have missed it. Weird.

1. Talib. I'll take a 1 year franchise if we have to.
2. Edelman. Lifetime contract.
3. Sign/draft as many big uglies on both sides of the line as possible.

Stocking the interiors of both lines.

What I would like to see in the draft.

1: O-line: I can't stress this enough. A good line tends to equate to a great game by Brady. If we spend half our picks on the O-line, I wouldn't complain .

2: TE: We have potentially the GOAT TE. However, on the chance that he goes down,the level of production from that unit really drops off. I'm not necessarily advocating for drafting a Gonzalez level player, but I wouldn't be opposed to BB picking a TE in the 4th or 5th round.

Defense.

1: DT: We have no idea how Mayo/Kelly/Wilfork will come back from their injuries, so it's probably best to be cautious and accumulate dept.

2: S/CB: Because it never hurts to find dept in this department

3: DE: Because I'd love to see an elite pass rush for this team.

In regards to FA, I think that DMC and Edelman the Emperor Penguin will be resigned.

Talib is a more interesting case... He will get deals from other teams, but I'm curious how much his recurring injuries and character issues might depress his value.

It might not make much of a difference but it seems like Talib really likes it here. I'd hope we resign McCourty (when does his contract run out), resign Talib, restructure Mankins/Wilfork. I would say sign Edelman but I'd do that right this second and I'd make it the longest contract possible, the guy is incredible. I'd just be really happy if all the starters from this year are still here next year, maybe some O line help aswell.

In the draft, take a DT/TE/OL (in that order, hopefully with 2 in the first round a la Jones/Hightower)

I agree. I'm still glowing after the Red Sox World Series campaign. :p

looking at our own players first.

contract negotiations for Wilfork and Mankins maybe. Kelly too.
Long term deal for McCourty.
Talib gone (too expensive)
2 to 3 year deal for Edelman.

outside help for Both lines too.
Skill side. Maybe a Ridley trade (or maybe not)

Honestly i think keeping this group together will be the main goal if i were in the FO. We have had a glut of injuries yet we are still an absolute top unit. Restructure/extensions for Wilfork/Mankins that free up some initial money for Talib (even if he is franchised). Extend McCourty. Edelman is an interesting one but yes i would like him around.

The reality is that this team next year will be getting back: Vollmer, Mayo, Wilfork and Kelly.

Plus we will have had one more year out of Collins, Dobson, Ryan, Harmon and Thompkins. (and Boyce)

I honestly believe that you keep this group together and add in the draft picks / low range vets. Because i think we have a winning roster right now. We have just been very unlucky RE injury.

Only person i find it hard for us to keep is spikes which is a shame due to how well he has played yet again this year.

In saying that here are some 2014 FA's to wet people's appetite:

RB: Jones-Drew & Mcfadden
WR: Nicks, Boldin, Sanders, Decker, Maclin and G Tate
TE: Graham, Pitta and Pettigrew
OG/C: Alex Mac, Wade Smith
De/DT: A Jones, J, Tuck, J Allen, M Johnson, Houston, Melton, Hardy, Starks and Spencer
LB:Shaun Phillips, Briggs and Orakpo
CB:Tillman, Jennings, Grimes, Hall, Mathis, Marshal and Talib
S:Byrd, Whitner, Bethea and Clark

Draft Jace Amaro.........with him and Gronk proceed to break every NFL record and win multiple Superb Owls

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore