PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 Mock Draft Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that I can fit all the needs of the Eagles with my first pick. I just went with what I saw as the best talent at a position that needed upgrade. Jeez

Not criticizing the pick at all just giving a state of the union for the Eagles DL. They will have a hard time finding spots for the 10-12 guys they are likely to have competing for about 8-9 spots.

Can we have more than one team because I've already got the Colts? I don't mind it as I am used to having two teams in other live drafts I've done.

Yes you can because we want GM's that are going to participate, We have a few teams that are available now and will be looking for others to take another team as well if they would like to. Yes you can make the pick at 9 pm.

Last edited:
Yes you can because we want GM's that are going to participate, We have a few teams that are available now and will be looking for others to take another team as well if they would like to. Yes you can make the pick at 9 pm.

OK Colt/Jets it is then. Actually two of my most hated teams ;) But I'm familiar with their drafting styles so should go well.

OK Colt/Jets it is then. Actually two of my most hated teams ;) But I'm familiar with their drafting styles so should go well.

I agree with you there. And I'm sure you will do a good job.

My dream was to get Sherrod at 33 but oh well I am happy with the choice, especially with fa coming after the draft.

broadwayjoe I will pick up the Bears for you to handle from here on out. I would take the skins aswell but some may not want me picking twice in a row?? Enjoying things so far guys but Prince with my Dallas pick in the first was one of the easy ones. Thought hard about JJ Watt and had my PM in with Robert Quinn then Prince but DaBrunz picked up Quinn.

I know people may criticize taking both Nick Fairley and Corey Liuget, but I felt Liuget was too great of a player to let go. I have him ranked as a top 15 talent. The Bills are now one of the toughest teams in the league in terms of D-Line.

i would hate to draft a 27 year old rookie

broadwayjoe I will pick up the Bears for you to handle from here on out. I would take the skins aswell but some may not want me picking twice in a row?? Enjoying things so far guys but Prince with my Dallas pick in the first was one of the easy ones. Thought hard about JJ Watt and had my PM in with Robert Quinn then Prince but DaBrunz picked up Quinn.

Ok thanks you can have the Bears I'll update the schedule.

I know people may criticize taking both Nick Fairley and Corey Liuget, but I felt Liuget was too great of a player to let go. I have him ranked as a top 15 talent. The Bills are now one of the toughest teams in the league in terms of D-Line.

I love the picks. The bills could go from dead last in rush defense to a very stout rush defense. Kyle Williams is a very good NT as well.

Are they moving to a 4-3 Def though? Fairley I could maybe see as a 3-4 DE but Liuget showed up 3 inches shorter than listed at the Combine which pretty much pegged him as a 4-3 UT only guy. Especially when a stout Pass Rusher was still available.

Last edited:
i would hate to draft a 27 year old rookie

They drafted a 26yr old one in Kazcur in 2005 and he's only played 5 years and is now 31. Watkins will still be the youngest guy on the OL as Vollmer is older than him by a few months. Bill likes seasoned guys.

Last edited:
Jake Locker to the Bengals. Well the pick makes sense. I just think Locker will be a bust. He just doesn't look very accurate under pressure. Despite having a strong arm, his spraygun accuracy could lead to a lot of interceptions in the NFL.

I like the Watkins pick. Vollmer was also an older player who contributed right away. The Pats need an OL to contribute sooner rather than later considering the Mankins situation coupled with Neal's retirement. The fortunate thing about OL is they tend to have much longer shelf lives than some other positions. If we had drafted a 27 year old RB THEN I would have serious concerns, but for an OL being more mature is actually a good thing. We waste less time 'training' him and go right to plugging him into the lineup sooner.

Who wants the Redskins, 49ers, Ravens or Packers?

March 26th
41 Washington 10am
45 San Francisco 6pm

March 28th
58 Baltimore 12pm
64 Green Bay 12am

Last edited:
Jake Locker to the Bengals. Well the pick makes sense. I just think Locker will be a bust. He just doesn't look very accurate under pressure. Despite having a strong arm, his spraygun accuracy could lead to a lot of interceptions in the NFL.

Agreed. The pick makes sense but I'm just not sure Locker will fix his accuracy problem. It is pretty bad.

Who wants the Redskins, 49ers, Ravens or Packers?

March 26th
41 Washington 10am
45 San Francisco 6pm

March 28th
58 Baltimore 12pm
64 Green Bay 12am

Bakes-
I'll do the 49ers. Washington, which is up next, is in the same division. Can you confirm these are their picks? Somehow I seem to have lost my folder w/ draft links...

2011 San Francisco
1 7 7 49ers Pick
2 13 45 49ers Pick
3 12 76 49ers Pick
4 11 TBD 49ers Pick
4 18 TBD From San Diego in draft day trade last year
5 10 TBD 49ers Pick
6 9 TBD 49ers Pick
6 25 TBD From Seattle for Kentwan Balmer
7 8 TBD 49ers pick
7 30 TBD From Detroit for Shaun Hill (Jets originally)

Last edited:
if we fall behind schedule will we hold votes for picks then for GMs that pass their time limit? just wondering the policy for that contingency.

if we fall behind schedule will we hold votes for picks then for GMs that pass their time limit? just wondering the policy for that contingency.

I think it was that if a GM missed a pick anyone could make the pick as long as your weren't picking within the next 5 picks. But their were special rules if the team didn't have a GM like Washington.

There is really only one pick IMO for Washington and since I don't have a pick until #53 I can make it if everyone wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST