Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by broadwayjoe, Mar 16, 2011.
Post your comments on the draft in this thread.
2011 7 ROUND MOCK DRAFT
OFFICIAL START TIME & DATE - Monday March 21 at 8:00 AM EDT
DO NOT MENTION UNDRAFTED PLAYERS IN THE DISCUSSION THREAD MOCK DRAFT AREA OF THIS FORUM
THAT IS THE PRIMARY RULE
THE REST OF THE RULES
1. Between the Hours of 8 AM and 12 MIDNITE each GM has up to two hours to submit his pick, but that does not mean he has to take all two hours ... the faster you can make the pick, the sooner we can keep the process moving
2. The clock stops at 12 MIDNITE and restarts again at 8 AM, so if you go OTC at oh say, 10 PM, you will have until 8 AM the next morning to submit your pick, that would equal two hours in total when the clock is active
3. You may continue to submit picks after 12 MIDNITE, that just means the clock is inactive, but you may continue to submit picks if it's your turn and you're still awake ... in fact, please do!
4. If your pick is approaching and you realize you may not be available to make the pick in a timely fashion, or make the pick at all, it is your responsibility to find a poster you can rely on to submit the pick on your behalf ... you can either send him your picks via PM or simply allow him to make the choice as he sees fit, but the responsibility is YOURS (Commissioner Broadwayjoe will be available in the evenings from 6-10 pm and Co-Commissioner Bakes781 will be available in the daytime from 9 am-5 pm if you need someone to send a PM to in fact I encourage you to do that and on the weekends send your picks to Broadwayjoe)
5. Anyone who misses their 1st RD Pick will automatically be replaced by an alternate GM. Missed Picks and/or habitually taking too much time and slowing down the draft to a crawl will also result in banishment from this mock draft
6. Newbieâ€™s don't get a second chance ... you have to prove you can be trusted to keep the commitment because right now it's a guessing game ... so one missed pick and YOU'RE OUT
7. Let's keep it fun ... we're all adults here, we know where the line is crossed between good natured ribbing and mean-spirited personal attacks .. a little trash talk is fine, but personal attacks will not be tolerated
8. Make sure your PM's are activated and your mailbox is not maxed out so we can send OTC (On the Clock) alerts
9. After you submit your pick, please post an OTC for the following GM/Team and PM that GM an OTC alert as well ... DO NOT wait for someone else to do it .. this is by far the most important rule in regards to keeping the draft moving at a steady pace and every GM must comply
10. If the clock expires on a GM, the first MOCK GM to submit a pick for that team stands, but you cannot submit a pick for that team if your own selection is one of the proceeding five picks .. but if that GM is being replaced we will let the new/alternate GM start by submitting that pick .. if someone else "wants in" and the alternates are not available, we can give the team to that poster who "really" wants to participate for the remainder of the draft and not just to submit that pick
11. If you are on the board when you are OTC, and you split without submitting your pick, clock or no clock that is grounds for immediate dismissal
12. NO TRADES
13. As Commissioner I reserve the right to change, edit, add too or subtract from the rules if necessary
Missed this, wasn't around for the last two weeks. I'll enjoy following it anyways.
way to shake up the draft right off the top. AJ Green would be a great compliment to Steve Smith. I'm not allowed to mention any prospects that didn't get drafted yet so I guess that's the end of the discussion lol
Glad to see we are off and running this is always fun of course picking for the Pats I will probably make it unfun due to an unhealthy level of seriousness.
i would love to trade the 3rd pick but i guess i cannot.
Looks like we are off to our usual start, haha, the human element how I hate it so.
by 12:30 if jsull87 hasn't made their selection I will step in so we can move the draft along.
much appreciated sir thank you
You bet, I'm collecting more rotten vegetables for your adoring fans as we speak.
Stick me on the alternates list if somebody doesn't make a pick.
I was kind of forced to take Gabbert since FA hasn't occurred so there's no guessing who the Cardinals would have been able to pick up. Not like there is much out there anyway. Drafting Gabbert will at least give the fans (and Larry Fitzgerald) a reason to come see the team next year. If Skelton ends up being their starting QB they won't last past October.
You can have Detroit if you want. I have become incredibly busy with various things and wouldn't mind you taking over.
Various things? Don't tell me you're finally going to do the dishes!
Actually, I was doing them this evening. Ah, you know how it is, with the impending wedding, work, the stats stuff from my local team etc..
I can still do the Lions' picks if necessary, though.
Using the adjective impending to describe a wedding is the greatest thing I have ever read on a message board. Ever.
Think the Browns will be sprinting to the podium to take Von Miller at #6.
I'm getting married in June and I'm still here mid April I will be in Puerto Rico for a prewedding honeymoon tho.
I know thats right I would be sprinting to the podium with that selection.
Congratulations.. What day? I am also getting married in June...
Separate names with a comma.