PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 Defensive Stat Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

livinginthe past

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
There has been ALOT of buzz about the Patriots new look D in the early part of preseason (and yes, I know its ONLY preseason).

Last year the Patriots finished in the following positions in 3 key metrics

Sacks:.....................14th (36)
3rd Down %: ............32nd (47%)
Points.......................8th (19.6)

What positions do you think they'll finish in this year?

There has been ALOT of buzz about the Patriots new look D in the early part of preseason (and yes, I know its ONLY preseason).

Last year the Patriots finished in the following positions in 3 key metrics

Sacks:.....................14th (36)
3rd Down %: ............32nd (47%)
Points.......................8th (19.6)

What positions do you think they'll finish in this year?

Was it only 47% ? It felt like 75

Hard to believe that this team was 14-2, who would have thunk that???

I wouldn't be surprised to see a slight improvement in both sacks and points allowed. The wild card is third down. I have a hard time believing that the coaching staff wouldn't address that issue, and I'm not just talking personnel. I don't know if the problem was scheme or mental last season, but I have to believe it will be corrected this time around.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a slight improvement in both sacks and points allowed. The wild card is third down. I have a hard time believing that the coaching staff wouldn't address that issue, and I'm not just talking personnel. I don't know if the problem was scheme or mental last season, but I have to believe it will be corrected this time around.

Just looked over the stats...we had only 8 sacks from 3rd downs all year. If the pass rush improves i think this entire D will be better in every category

I believe the team has been dead last in 3rd down every year since 08. If someone can verify that'd be cool. Hope they are actually going to fix this problem this year.
EDIT:Nevermind found it 26th in 08 44.4%, 12th in 09 37.1%, 47% 32nd in '10. 4th best in 07 though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore