PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011-2012 NBA Finals Thread

As for the refs - they were pathetic all night, but I have to admit they blew a lot of calls in the Thunder's favor, too.

Agreed. I hate Miami and want OKC to win so badly but it seemed like they were getting alot of favorable calls themselves down the stretch. Just all around bad officiating, can't be mad about the non call at the end.

This should be a great series though most likely 7 games.

Agreed. I hate Miami and want OKC to win so badly but it seemed like they were getting alot of favorable calls themselves down the stretch. Just all around bad officiating, can't be mad about the non call at the end.

This should be a great series though most likely 7 games.

Especially since Durant should have fouled out well before the LeBron foul. But oh we'll...

Kontra, I love you and all, but I hate the Heat, I hate Pat Riley, and I want them to lose.
Does that make me a bad person?

-Jamman

Kontra, I love you and all, but I hate the Heat, I hate Pat Riley, and I want them to lose.

-Jamman

Absolutely.

-Jamman

I just threw up in my mouth ................ :bricks:

Hate to say it but the Celtics hardened the Heat ... we made them better. :(:mad::bricks:

Where's Delonte West when we need him.

Probably in jail having been caught with a beretta while going through airport security.

-Jamman

God, did we fwck up basically giving away Perkins.

-Jamman

so the US open just finishes...so i turn on the game to see the blurb that says miami had about 4000 FTs tonight..and i changed the channel..lol

so the US open just finishes...so i turn on the game to see the blurb that says miami had about 4000 FTs tonight..and i changed the channel..lol

Yeah that's exactly why we won. :bricks:

15/24 vs 31/35 .... that's a nice 16 point swing ... :bricks:

15/24 vs 31/35 .... that's a nice 16 point swing ... :bricks:

There were some bad calls that went both ways but the Heat were the more aggressive team of the two last night. That certainly played a part.

There were some bad calls that went both ways but the Heat were the more aggressive team of the two last night. That certainly played a part.

Are we talking about Game 2 or 3? Because in both cases, I thought the home team got more calls than not.

Last nite, half the calls on Durant were a joke, especially the fourth foul which completely changed the complexion of the game. There were at least four plays where Lebron or Wade just made some kind of audible noise without any contact and ended up at the line.

The refs were just petrified to make a call against Lebron last nite. He had several blatant travels, including one which by rule is either a travel or a jump-ball, nothing in between, yet no call. And he threw the ball off the back of the backboard and got away with it.

I can't believe those two dbags are on the verge of a title. No offense.

Of course, if the Thunder hit their GD free throws, they win that game. Shame on them.

OKC also spotted us six points. Ironically, that just so happens to be the amount of points that we won by. Also, two of the fouls on LBJ were earned, especially the one where Durant literally wrapped him up because LBJ had him beat on the screen. The one on Wade, he bit on the pump fake and Wade drew the contact as he was in mid-air. So that's three out of five that were earned.

Last edited:
OKC also spotted us six points. Ironically, that just so happens to be the amount of points that we won by. Also, two of the fouls on LBJ were earned, especially the one where Durant literally wrapped him up because LBJ had him beat on the screen. The one on Wade, he bit on the pump fake and Wade drew the contact as he was in mid-air. So that's three out of five that were earned.

Oh come on - that one was a terrible call, and that was the one that changed the game. That's not called a foul unless it's any one other than Wade on the receiving end. There was hardly any contact and it had no impact on the shot.

Let's put it this way, Lebron had way, way more contact on Durant just a couple nites before on a similar play.

Last edited:
Oh come on - that one was a terrible call, and that was the one that changed the game. That's not called a foul unless it's any one other than Wade on the receiving end. There was hardly any contact and it had no impact on the shot.

Let's put it this way, Lebron had way, way more contact on Durant just a couple nites before on a similar play.

Wade has done that time and time again throughout his career. He got Durant on a similar play in Game 2. Pierce has done it all the time too. As for the LeBron foul, I suppose it makes no difference that Durant should have fouled out about 5:00 before that call happened due to a ridiculous blocking foul on Battier.

Wade has done that time and time again throughout his career. He got Durant on a similar play in Game 2. Pierce has done it all the time too. As for the LeBron foul, I suppose it makes no difference that Durant should have fouled out about 5:00 before that call happened due to a ridiculous blocking foul on Battier.

Wade & Pierce do that all the time, but normally the player falls on them. Durant avoided contact with Wade. Simply having a successful pump-fake isn't enough to warrant a foul call. It didn't lead to contact. Even referee sycophant Mike Breen thought it was a bad call.

As for Durant should've having fouled out - there were a ton of bad calls in game 2, and I admit a lot went in the Thunder's favor.

But that call on Durant/Battier was not wrong:

Charge or Block? Kevin Durant on Shane Battier - YouTube

:19 in, Durant clearly in the air, Battier still clearly sliding over. Not a charge.

These blocking/charging calls are getting ridiculous - I will agree with that. And I don't think that needs to be called a block either.

Off topic, but this whole notion of a guy sliding in last second to get under a driving player in order to win the call pisses me off - it has nothing to do with the game of basketball. Most of these calls - charge or block - are not at all in the spirit of what the original rule was intended for. The referees have allowed that play to become a huge piece of the game, and it shouldn't be.

A charge should be when a guy clearly blows through another player who won position, not when he goes relatively straight up for a shot and a defender happened to bolt over there in time. It's stupid.

Last edited:
Well, we know which team Kontra is rooting for don't we? ;)

Well, we know which team Kontra is rooting for don't we? ;)

And that's the beauty of Patsfans, we welcome opinions from all walks of life. Kontra is no exception, eventhough his team is an agent of Lucifer.

-Jamman

Last edited:

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft