PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reminder: Thread Mute Function

To my point.

I acknowledged your effort. Functionally the forum is in tip-top shape.
Since we also try not to censor people, I had to at least provide tools for people to have the option of filtering out those they’d prefer not to read.

Sometimes it’s more than just scrolling past posts. For those who choose to do so, people now have much more control over their experiences on here.

Two additional functions were also added after I completed the above (Mute user forum-wide [ie: all user posts/replies are muted in all threads] and Block User (user is muted and also cannot see your posts forum-wide) which you'll also see listed.

USER FORUM MUTE OPTION:

You can now mute someone forum-wide and it will completely remove them. This will hide their posts and/or interactions in other threads. It works the exact same way it does in a normal thread mute. You just won't have to select it as you move around in each thread.

You can select them here:
1677985910955.png

However, you will see threads they start, which will appear as normal. But if you click on the thread, they won't be there. You also won't see any of the posts replying to them, so it's basically like they won't exist no matter what thread you're in.

USER FORUM BLOCK OPTION:
(This not only hides the user's posts but also blocks them from seeing your posts.)

The next option is the ability to block a user using the "Forum Block." This not only completely removes that user across the board the way the Forum Mute does, but it also blocks them from being able to see your posts.

Not only that, but it will also hide all of your quoted replies - even to other users - from them and vice-versa, so it's literally like you won't exist to them, and they won't exist to you.

Still, as mentioned above, you will see threads they start, but nothing they post/reply to will be visible. Nor will they be able to read your posts or the replies by anyone else to you.

If you don't want to see any notifications, you can also put the user on "ignore."

THe forum block option still allows me to see a person's posts when they are quoted by someone else...I tested it. Also, it shows when that blocked person reacted to another post with an emoji. Also, it appears that I can still tag that person in a post, and vice versa. Lastly, I can see along the top that the blocked person made the latest post in a thread in the other forums.

Last edited:
  • Interesting
Reactions: Ian
Its amazing all this **** that needs to be done just to justify not banning SHOWTIME15/Mac10 who is 99% of who people are sick of.

THe forum block option still allows me to see a person's posts when they are quoted by someone else...I tested it.
Interesting, I'll look into this. (UPDATE - this has been fixed)
Also, it shows when that blocked person reacted to another post with an emoji. Also, it appears that I can still tag that person in a post, and vice versa.
Yes, to prevent notifications, (if you've been active in a thread but they're still replying even though you can't see it, etc. you'll want to add that person to your ignore list to prevent any notifications/tagging. However, they shouldn't be able to see a post to be able to react to it. I'll also look into this.
Lastly, I can see along the top that the blocked person made the latest post in a thread in the other forums.
The top bar runs separately, but I'll look into that also and see if I can tie that in as well.

Last edited:
Interesting, I'll look into this.

Yes, to prevent notifications, (if you've been active in a thread but they're still replying even though you can't see it, etc. you'll want to add that person to your ignore list to prevent any notifications/tagging. However, they shouldn't be able to see a post to be able to react to it. I'll also look into this.

The top bar runs separately, but I'll look into that also and see if I can tie that in as well.

Ok thanks. Also, I am still seeing a blocked user's thread that they recently started...

Reactions: Ian
Ok thanks. Also, I am still seeing a blocked user's thread that they recently started...
That will also go away when you add them to the ignore list. It was designed that way with the caveat one of the guys brought up a while ago that they'd like to be aware of a thread created (an important thread, etc.) but not see the user in it.

THe forum block option still allows me to see a person's posts when they are quoted by someone else...I tested it.
This has been corrected.

Last edited:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes