PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2010 NFL MVP Debate (merged several times)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vick Stirs Debate in the M.V.P. Vote

The Best QBs in Subfreezing Weather

Mr. Vick has four combined regular-season and playoff starts in the type of cold he could find next month at home. His passer rating in those cold games is 51.4, or 36% worse than his rating in all other games. Two of the games were in Philadelphia, both losses.

Those two losses in Philly were when he was a Falcon, but it'll be interesting to see how he holds up in the elements even playing for the home team. Assuming the media hasn't already made up their minds, the next two weeks could show a significant drop-off.

Last edited:

w1szE.jpg

Sunday NFL Countdown says...

Ditka: Vick ("Brady best player, Vick MVP for Eagles")
Carter: Brady
Keyshawn: Vick ("I expected from Brady, not from Vick")
TJ: Brady

Would of those picks to have been reversed.

Ditka and Keyshawn's reasoning....dumb. Boomer said he doesn't know yet.

Re: Brady: MVP award “doesn’t make a lot of sense”

a lot of the AP awards are not very clearly defined. Like when the league MVP doesn't also get the offensive MVP award (i.e. Manning and Brees last year). It's all open to so much interpretation and subjectivity.

Why truly Brady is the MVP....

I know there are a great number of reasons why Brady is the MVP. Tim Graham lays it all out nicely. His singular point is:

"The Patriots are on pace to allow 5,987 yards. Comcast SportsNet New England reporter Tom E. Curran pointed out this week that teams that have allowed 6,000 yards since the turn of the century have gone a combined 80-179, with no winning records or playoff appearances among them.

Why are the Patriots the anomaly?

Brady."

For those who want to read the full article see:
Tom Brady is the clear-cut MVP - AFC East Blog - ESPN

Re: Why truly Brady is the MVP....

There is a difference between the Most Valuable Player and the Offensive Player of the Year Award.

I don't care if Vick or Rivers or whoever else gets the OPY award, but hands down, Brady has been the MVP.

There is a difference between the Most Valuable Player and the Offensive Player of the Year Award.

I don't care if Vick or Rivers or whoever else gets the OPY award, but hands down, Brady has been the MVP.

I respectfully disagree. Brady is the MVP, Offensive Player of the Year, All-Pro First Team, and any other accolade that they give out.

It's pretty simple: Brady getting MVP is straight forward test of whether or not there is any sanity left in the world. I'm going to be optimistic and say that we haven't fully stepped into the Twilight zone yet. But getting calls from the president for hiring a dog killer is a strong rebuttal of my pro-sanity argument!

I respectfully disagree. Brady is the MVP, Offensive Player of the Year, All-Pro First Team, and any other accolade that they give out.

I think he's deserving of all of those things, you're right. Just pointing out that Vick may be a candidate for OPY, but not for MVP. They're different things altogether.

Brady is the MVP of the league for a variety of reasons, he has led a team to 13-2 with the possibility of going to 14-2 and a chance to win the Superbowl and his last INT was on a hail-mary pass, and to be honest the Patriots would not be here without Brady, no offense to Brent Hoyer. Also I think Vick deserves comeback player of the year.

Brady is the MVP of the league for a variety of reasons, he has led a team to 13-2 with the possibility of going to 14-2 and a chance to win the Superbowl and his last INT was on a hail-mary pass, and to be honest the Patriots would not be here without Brady, no offense to Brent Hoyer. Also I think Vick deserves comeback player of the year.

You offended him by not calling him Brian.

You gotta love this guy's attitude!!!

Aaaaaaaaand this is why he should win.

I know there are a great number of reasons why Brady is the MVP. Tim Graham lays it all out nicely. His singular point is:

"The Patriots are on pace to allow 5,987 yards. Comcast SportsNet New England reporter Tom E. Curran pointed out this week that teams that have allowed 6,000 yards since the turn of the century have gone a combined 80-179, with no winning records or playoff appearances among them.

Why are the Patriots the anomaly?

Brady."

For those who want to read the full article see:
Tom Brady is the clear-cut MVP - AFC East Blog - ESPN

I would be interested to see how many PPG, on average, the defenses of those teams that allowed 6,000 + yards gave up as well. I know that the defense has really come on the last few weeks, and that Brady and Co. have done a masterful job of executing and limiting mistakes, but perhaps the snippet of syntax I quoted above seemingly insinuates that Brady deserves all of the credit for the team's success. Furthermore, in several games, the Patriots offense and defense has done so well that the team jumped out to big leads, forcing the opposition to air it out and accumulate garbage yards and points.

I think another big factor is that if the Packers make the playoffs over the Giants then the Eagles would have beaten 2 playoff bound teams. And one of those 2 wins was against the Falcons in which Kevin Kolb was the QB for the entire game.

So is Vick really and MVP when your team beat the top seed (Falcons, will take it unless an epic collapse ocurs) in the NFC without him taking a snap?

I would be interested to see how many PPG, on average, the defenses of those teams that allowed 6,000 + yards gave up as well. I know that the defense has really come on the last few weeks, and that Brady and Co. have done a masterful job of executing and limiting mistakes, but perhaps the snippet of syntax I quoted above seemingly insinuates that Brady deserves all of the credit for the team's success. Furthermore, in several games, the Patriots offense and defense has done so well that the team jumped out to big leads, forcing the opposition to air it out and accumulate garbage yards and points.

this is a bend but dont break defense if ive ever seen one....with their ball hawking as the icing on top

I think he may have cost himself a few votes with that statement.
Yeah, its meaningless but c'mon Tom its an accomplishment none the less.

Brady has put together one of the greatest seasons in NFL history. On top of that, the Patriots have the best record in the league. So, in theory, would it be possible for another quarterback to do BETTER than Brady? For example, Mike Vick is the Patriots QB. Could he really put the Patriots in a better position than the #1 seed in the conference? No. It's impossible. Even in theory, the best case scenario is that Vick is Brady's equal. There is no theoretical argument that another quarterback could have done a better job.

Now, let's look at the Eagles. As has been stated before, Kevin Kolb quarterbacked this team to a win over the NFC's best team. It's looking like a tough argument already that "no one" can do what Vick does. I mean, there's no doubt that no one can do what Vick does physically, but I'm talking about results in the W column.

Another way to look at this. Brady is having one of the greatest seasons in NFL history. To say this isn't one of the most deserving MVP seasons ever would be stupid. Now, for someone to knock him off of the perch, that player would have to also have a historical, unheard-of season with absolutely no doubts whatsoever. Vick missed four games- argument over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back