PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2009 Pats Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
shazor maybe in your mind was a top 10 pick. Neither was wilfork and rodgers.

Not in my mind. In the mind of the draft Gurus out there. I remember that draft extremely well because everyone was blown away that Rodgers, who was the 1A QB of that draft, fell to GB.

Wilfork was the same way.. People had him pegged as being gone by the #10 pick. Yet, he slid all the way down to the Pats.

Unlike you, I don't deny reality.

Our biggest needs in the off season are CB, OT, OLB, and to a certain extent RB.
Biggest needs based on what analysis?

CB? Okay you don't like the young Cornerbacks, but midway through the season is when BB has most often started giving his rookie CBs additional playing time and there are three (2 rookies and one 2nd year man coming off IR) who have seen increased playing time - on target on time. Wheatley does have an injury history, he also has a 'playing well with an injury' history, writing him off too soon is folly. Wilhite was a reach? Which scouting service do you subscribe too and are they paid to find players for the "Patriots" system? You haven't seen much from Richardson? You are serious aren't you, that's sad. The kid looked on track to make the team in 2007 before being placed on IR. He comes back, survives waivers to spend a few weeks on the Practice Squad, gets elevated off the squad and activated for the St. Louis game, and plays for O'Neal most of the game. How many TDs did he give up anyway?

OT? To do what? Light and Kaczur have been playing well this season. Light has been starting on Brady's left side since 2001 - that's not likely to change. Kaczur has proven himself at both tackle positions and is now in his 4th season as a starter - sounds like Scar and BB are comfortable there. LeVoir was a pleasant surprise during Kaczur's injury. O'Callaghan comes back next year. The OL has suddenly started looking like a solid line with Neal's return and Cassel's improving pocket presence. OT isn't a priority.

OLB? Yep, Vrabel is old and slow, which must be why he's one of the top players in game reps each week. Woods is on track when measured against his predecessor TBC, he's looked good in limited reps and I expect him to be re-signed - even if he never starts at OLB, he is a candidate to replace Izzo as Special Teams' Captain - it would be nice to have more STs Aces who can play key reserve roles without a significant drop in talent. You've written off the young guys before even seeing them play - nice to have such clarity from a crystal ball.

Seriously neighbor, you act like you've never trained a new employee before. You must have been seriously hating life when Drew Bledsoe was replaced by that kid who couldn't throw the long ball.

Woods does not offer starting potential and never will. Crable obviously has not progressed enough to even sniff a situational role yet. OLB is the most important position in the 34, along with NT. Without capable OLBs, the whole concept of the 34 is out the window. Vrabel is on his last legs, and while hes made a couple stops on runs, he is getting very little to NO pressure on the QB at all. Draft all the CB's you want. If the QBs continue to have all day to throw, we will continue to get torched. OLB is a must. Orakpo will be long gone by our pick. Selvie has not been producing this year and is a liability against the run. Both would be Gholston-like projects since they play DE in college anyways. Sintim OTOH is already playing 34 OLB and is having a great year with 10 sacks already. He could step in right away for this team who's window of opportunity is getting smaller and smaller.

Take your head out of your rear end. Please show me where I said Woods had starting potential. That's right. YOU CAN'T because I never said it. I only corrected you on the fact that he's an RFA, not a UFA.

As for Crable, he's been injured. So, of course he hasn't "progressed" enough to see situational roles.

I also corrected you on the fact that you just don't know wtf you are talking about in general. Your expectations for rookies is unrealistic, even in the simplest form. You crap upon guys like Crable, Wilhite and Richardson when you have such a limited scope in which to evaluate them.

As for Sintim, as I said, the Pats have not drafted any LB from Virgina even though Al Groh is there and he's a good friend of Belichick. Just because they run a 3-4 system doesn't mean they run the same 3-4 system as the Patriots. The Chargers run a 3-4 system, but its extremely different. The Pats run a 2 gap system. The Chargers run a 1 gap system. For you to say that Sintim could come in and start for the Pats right away is a stretch without you knowing the kind of system he's been in.

As for Vrabel getting pressure on the QB, you do realize that he's no longer playing the strong side role, yes? He's playing the weak side. His responsibilities are different.

Greene is already 23 years old and having a break out season. He will definitely declare. He's old for a Junior.

A huge assumption on your part. Lets say he does declare, he's still only considered a 2nd/3rd rounder in his own draft. What makes you think he'll be worth more in this one?

Bears and Lions both drafted RB's last year and I doubt they would use another high pick on RB when they have other needs.

While the Bears and Lions both drafted RBs, this year is proof that having only ONE starting quality RB isn't enough. Just look at all the injuries around the league. Besides the Pats and Broncos, you've got the Ravens, Cowboys, Texans, Seahawks, Bengals, amongst others who have lost RBs for some period of time.

Greene is projected as a 1/2 this year. And that's besides the point. Mayo was projected as a 2nd rounder up until the combine. Dan Conner was projected as a Top 20 pick the entire season. Players aren't always drafted on where they are projected. Greene will be a typical RISER on draft boards.

Just pure speculation on your part.

The reason Wheatley lasted until our pick in the 2nd round was due to his wrist injuries. Most teams purposely STAYED AWAY from him because it's common knowledge that he's been injury prone throughout college. So now what happened the first time he saw significant playing time and made some plays? He ends up injuring his wrist again on the second play he made. What makes you think his wrist is going to magically heal up and stop giving him problems?

Wrong. Wheatley was projected as a 3rd/4th round pick with his wristg injury being an issue. And it was his RIGHT wrist. A catastrophic injury that there is NO planning for. Also, you might just want to check your facts because this injury was to his LEFT wrist. This is just more proof that you don't know what you are talking about.

Wilhite was a reach even in rd 4. Richardson has shown very little. Don't count on either of these guys being the next Asante Samuel.

Why was Wilhite a reach in the 4th round? Cause you said so? You've already proven that your talent evaluation ability leaves much to be desired. Richardson has shown quite a lot, if you actually watched the games. He more than held his own against Denver and against St. Louis.

Why would I count on them being the next Asante Samuel?

It's a really deep Safety class... Kevin Ellison, Courtney Greene, Otis Wiley, Patrick Chung, Chip Vaughn...these guys could all slip to rd2-3 and offer starting potential.

You keep saying this is such a deep class, but its not really.

Ellison - Tore Cartiledge in his knee. Out 3-4 weeks. Is projected as a 4th/5th rounder.
Greene - currently projected as a 3rd/4th rounder
Wiley - a 5th/6th round projection
Chung - currently the ONLY SS listed in the top 2 rounds solidly.
Vaughn - Another 4th/5th rounder.

Could they jump up into the 2nd round prior to the draft? Sure. Anything is possible. But that doesn't make this a deep draft for safeties. Right now, there are 19 senior safeties who are listed as potentially draftable and only 1 who is considered a legitimate 1st rounder at this point.

The 2007 draft, which was considered a very strong draft for safeties, had 4 legitimate 1st rounders Could it change? SURE. Depending on the juniors who declare.

I see the Pats "needs" for the next draft as follows: (in no particular order)

OT - The need to start grooming someone behind Light. Kaczur has been solid since the return of Neal. LaVoir, imho, played better than Kaczur, though Kaczur did well against Mathis.

DE - BB has tried to bring in players one year ahead of when they are needed. He did it with Warren. He did it with Watson. He did it with Samuel and Wilson.

OG - Neal is going to be 33. He's got an extensive injury history to his shoulder. He's a mauler and, unfortunately, that style of play isn't conducive to him staying healthy.

Safety - The Patriots haven't been using safeties in the traditional sense. It would be great to find someone who could step in right away, but I think that is a stretch. If Sanders can't be retained and Harrison retires, the Pats will be scrambling.

TE - Though Watson hasn't lived up to his potential and Thomas isn't doing great, the Pats offense has gotten away from using the TE in passing situations. Much of that stems from the RT position being weak and the Pats needing the TE to stay in and help block. Unfortunately, they don't have a good all-purpose TE. Someone who can block AND pass catch.

OLB - Vrabel and Thomas are both on the wrong side of 30. Woods and Crable had started the influx of new talent, but they need some more.

ILB - Guyton and Mayo are a very good start for replacing the talent at ILB. The Pats need more here though.

CB - As the Patriots have proven, you can never have enough good CBs.

DE/NT - The Pats are still looking for that special player who can play both positions well. Someone who can spell Wilfork and who the Pats can also use to spell Seymour or Warren.

Now, with that out of the way, here is the caveat. Everything is in flux. Everything depends on who stays and who goes and who is brought in during the first few weeks of free agency. And free agency will depend on how it looks regarding a new CBA agreement.

I see the Pats "needs" for the next draft as follows: (in no particular order)

OT - The need to start grooming someone behind Light. Kaczur has been solid since the return of Neal. LaVoir, imho, played better than Kaczur, though Kaczur did well against Mathis.

DE - BB has tried to bring in players one year ahead of when they are needed. He did it with Warren. He did it with Watson. He did it with Samuel and Wilson.

OG - Neal is going to be 33. He's got an extensive injury history to his shoulder. He's a mauler and, unfortunately, that style of play isn't conducive to him staying healthy.

Safety - The Patriots haven't been using safeties in the traditional sense. It would be great to find someone who could step in right away, but I think that is a stretch. If Sanders can't be retained and Harrison retires, the Pats will be scrambling.

TE - Though Watson hasn't lived up to his potential and Thomas isn't doing great, the Pats offense has gotten away from using the TE in passing situations. Much of that stems from the RT position being weak and the Pats needing the TE to stay in and help block. Unfortunately, they don't have a good all-purpose TE. Someone who can block AND pass catch.

OLB - Vrabel and Thomas are both on the wrong side of 30. Woods and Crable had started the influx of new talent, but they need some more.

ILB - Guyton and Mayo are a very good start for replacing the talent at ILB. The Pats need more here though.

CB - As the Patriots have proven, you can never have enough good CBs.

DE/NT - The Pats are still looking for that special player who can play both positions well. Someone who can spell Wilfork and who the Pats can also use to spell Seymour or Warren.

Now, with that out of the way, here is the caveat. Everything is in flux. Everything depends on who stays and who goes and who is brought in during the first few weeks of free agency. And free agency will depend on how it looks regarding a new CBA agreement.

Why no QB? Do you think Cassel will resign?

Cassel may resign but I think you can draft someone in the fourth or fifth round.

Unlike you, I don't deny reality.

Is this kind of the last conversation we had about SEC and a mod had to put you in your place

Take your head out of your rear end. Please show me where I said Woods had starting potential. That's right. YOU CAN'T because I never said it. I only corrected you on the fact that he's an RFA, not a UFA.

You're a douchebag. Get that internet warrior crap out of here. Show me where I said that you said Woods had starting potential. That's right. YOU CAN'T because I never said it. My point was that he's been useless thus far and hasn't shown much when given the chance. My point was that he should not be starting at any point. My point was that he's not going to replace either OLB and we need to draft someone who can.

Understand? It's very simple.

As for Sintim, as I said, the Pats have not drafted any LB from Virgina even though Al Groh is there and he's a good friend of Belichick.

NEWSFLASH Moron....... BB/Piolo haven't drafted ANY significant LB from ANYWHERE up until last year when it became a pressing need.

You keep saying: "well based on BB/Piolo track record and history".... Based on their track record, we wouldn't have picked Mayo at #10 last year so your faulty logic doesnt mean jack.

As for Vrabel getting pressure on the QB, you do realize that he's no longer playing the strong side role, yes? He's playing the weak side. His responsibilities are different.

Smartass, He's still rushing the passer... and when he does, he's not even getting CLOSE. Do you even watch games or just read about them in the newspaper?

A huge assumption on your part. Lets say he does declare, he's still only considered a 2nd/3rd rounder in his own draft. What makes you think he'll be worth more in this one?

Smartass - EVERYTHING about a mock draft is an assumption. The 1st pick, the 2nd, etc. I assume he will rise. Why? Because he's having a monster year so far... because he's a 235lbs RB that can make people miss or run them over... Because he's one of the best backs in the draft.

While the Bears and Lions both drafted RBs, this year is proof that having only ONE starting quality RB isn't enough. Just look at all the injuries around the league. Besides the Pats and Broncos, you've got the Ravens, Cowboys, Texans, Seahawks, Bengals, amongst others who have lost RBs for some period of time.

Now it's obvious that you are just arguing for the sake of arguing. Like a bored old housewife who starts an argument with someone because she was bored at home all day ironing. But I'll engage anyways if it makes you happy...

Cowboys drafted Felix Jones and Tashard Choice last year. Doubtful that they will use another pick on a RB in the first few rounds.

Ravens have McGahee, Ray Rice, McClain... not looking for a RB on day1

Seahawks have 2 capable backs and stronger needs to fill.

Texans took Slaton last year and he's been great so far. They're not taking aother RB in the first 2 rounds to undermine him.

Wrong. Wheatley was projected as a 3rd/4th round pick with his wristg injury being an issue. And it was his RIGHT wrist. A catastrophic injury that there is NO planning for. Also, you might just want to check your facts because this injury was to his LEFT wrist. This is just more proof that you don't know what you are talking about.

Wheatley "is a steal at the end of the 2nd round IF his injury problems do not persist"... Pats tried to sneak one by, and they're paying for it.

And his right wrist injury is the reason he injured his left wrist. If he didn't already have major surgeries on his right wrist, he wouldnt have landed on his left wrist with so much impact. Just more proof that you dont even watch games.

Common sense here Corky - A player jumps into the air to block a pass. He's already had major surgeries on his right wrist. He has a metal rod in his right wrist. He's even broken that metal rod after it was put in. When landing after the jump, do you think he's going to use his right wrist to break the fall again? NO. He had to use his left hand to take the entire blunt of the impact, and that's how he hurt it.

Simple cause and effect. YES, his right wrist injury contributed to his left wrist injury. Or he just has fragile wrists. Either way, the RED FLAG was clearly out there before the draft. It's no coincidence that he's once again dealing with a wrist injury, like he has on many previous occasions.

Why was Wilhite a reach in the 4th round? Cause you said so?

Because NOBODY projected him as a 4th rounder.

Because the ONLY reason he was drafted that high was due to his 40 time.

SI.com - 2008 NFL Draft - Jonathan Wilhite
Projected round: Late seventh round

NFL Events: Draft Player Profiles - Jonathan Wilhite

"Outside of his timed speed, he would have problems joining a team, even as a camp player."

Jonathan Wilhite | Auburn, CB : 2008 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

"Projected Round: 5-6 Stock:
Rated number 22 out of 237 CB's"

There you go. Next time, do your own research Corky. You're making yourself look stupid.

You keep saying this is such a deep class, but its not really.

Ellison - Tore Cartiledge in his knee. Out 3-4 weeks. Is projected as a 4th/5th rounder.
Greene - currently projected as a 3rd/4th rounder
Wiley - a 5th/6th round projection
Chung - currently the ONLY SS listed in the top 2 rounds solidly.
Vaughn - Another 4th/5th rounder.
These players are all projected way higher than that.

Where are you getting these projections from? SHOW ME PROOF. Seems like you are pulling this stuff out of the toilet. It's Bull.

Last edited:

We drafted Kevin O'Connell in the 3rd last year. Obviously they liked him a lot. He will be the back up next year.

I also believe Matt Gutierrez is capable of playing just as good, if not better, than Matt Cassel has played this year.

Brady, Gutz, KOC at QB next year.

The only way I see that changing is if Brady's injury takes longer than expected to heal.

I also believe Matt Gutierrez is capable of playing just as good, if not better, than Matt Cassel has played this year.

Maybe a year or two down the road from now, perhaps, but clearly the Patriots disagreed (at least with respect to 2008).

In any case, it's clear that if it's O'Connell/Gutierrez next year, MG is the third-stringer (if they felt otherwise, they'd have it Gutierrez/O'Connell now).

Wow, flames aside I think that the Pats do need a passrusher next year. Whether that be through free agency or through the draft remains to be seen. I have seen only a little of Shonne Green but he looks really good. Considering the injury history of our runningbacks, RB might be a need again next year. If Morris, Maroney, and Jordan could just stay healthy I wouldn't be saying that. As for BJGE, he needs to show better vision before I have confidence in him being the answer. Thus far he has been no Sammy Morris.

I'd like to add an RB and WR in the draft too, seriously. We've covered every position but kickers now.

Because the Pats have O'Connell and Gut. Cassel will only be re-signed if they feel Brady won't be ready to return.

You're a douchebag. Get that internet warrior crap out of here. Show me where I said that you said Woods had starting potential. That's right. YOU CAN'T because I never said it. My point was that he's been useless thus far and hasn't shown much when given the chance. My point was that he should not be starting at any point. My point was that he's not going to replace either OLB and we need to draft someone who can.

Understand? It's very simple.

*ROFLMAO* Actually, YOU did imply it with your statement that Woods isn't starting material to me. And you just said it again.

And your "point" about Woods being useless is about as useless as your talent evaluation skills. Woods is an amazing special teamer and is slowly seeing more and more action in a reserve role. Reserve players are just as important as starters. OH, and Woods played all of the 2nd half today.

You've had no point so far.

NEWSFLASH Moron....... BB/Piolo haven't drafted ANY significant LB from ANYWHERE up until last year when it became a pressing need.

I have a news flash for you. BB and Pioli HAVE drafted LBs previously. And they had a chance at Ahmad Brooks for relatively NOTHING and they passed on him. LB has been a pressing NEED for the past 5 years. Last yer was the 1st time they found someone they felt could come in and learn the system and have an impact almost immediately.

You keep saying: "well based on BB/Piolo track record and history".... Based on their track record, we wouldn't have picked Mayo at #10 last year so your faulty logic doesnt mean jack.

Nope. I don't keep saying "based on track record and history". That's you making sh!t up again. And your wrong about Mayo. The Pats would have him based on the record of BB/Pioli. You just don't understand WHY.

Smartass, He's still rushing the passer... and when he does, he's not even getting CLOSE. Do you even watch games or just read about them in the newspaper?

No, he's NOT still rushing the passer on most downs. It depends on where Vrabel is lined up. If he's at LOLB, then yes, he's rushing and that's his ONLY job, but its maybe 1 in 15 or 1 in 20 plays that he's there. He was there today for ONE play. Otherwise, he's lining up at ROLB and is being used to set the edge on the run and cover the RB out of the back-field or over a TE on his side. On occasion, yes, he'll rush the passer, like he did today, and it was because he rushed, that Seymour broke free and got to Edwards.

Smartass - EVERYTHING about a mock draft is an assumption. The 1st pick, the 2nd, etc. I assume he will rise. Why? Because he's having a monster year so far... because he's a 235lbs RB that can make people miss or run them over... Because he's one of the best backs in the draft.

I wasn't being a smartass. But I'd rather be a smartass than a dumbass. You've already proven that your talent evaluation skills are worthless so you claiming a guy is having a monster year means nothing. As I said, Greene is rated as a 2nd/3rd round pick currently for HIS draft year (2010). What makes you think he's going to be worth that OR MORE this year?

Now it's obvious that you are just arguing for the sake of arguing. Like a bored old housewife who starts an argument with someone because she was bored at home all day ironing. But I'll engage anyways if it makes you happy

Cowboys drafted Felix Jones and Tashard Choice last year. Doubtful that they will use another pick on a RB in the first few rounds.

Ravens have McGahee, Ray Rice, McClain... not looking for a RB on day1

Seahawks have 2 capable backs and stronger needs to fill.

Texans took Slaton last year and he's been great so far. They're not taking aother RB in the first 2 rounds to undermine him.

You seriously have reading comprehension problems. Here is what I said. I hope you re-read it until you truly understand it. Because, right now, you've only made yourself look like a complete and absolute fool with your reply.

Dabruinz said:

This is just SHOWING the different teams who have lost RBs for a period of time and the NEED of teams to have more than one QUALITY RB on the roster.

As for the Seahawks, they don't have 2 capable backs. They have one. Morris is a capable 3rd down back in the Faulk mold. But they don't have that guy who is only a half step down from Jones.

Wheatley "is a steal at the end of the 2nd round IF his injury problems do not persist"... Pats tried to sneak one by, and they're paying for it.

And his right wrist injury is the reason he injured his left wrist. If he didn't already have major surgeries on his right wrist, he wouldnt have landed on his left wrist with so much impact. Just more proof that you dont even watch games.

*ROFLMAO* WOW. Nothing like absolutely making sh!t up. I watched the play and I watched the games. YOU truly have no clue as to what happened. You claim I don't watch the game, but your claim is absolutly pathetic. Wheatly was coming down awkwardly to begin with and most of his body weight was over his left wrist because of his momentum. Hell, you're explanation just makes no sense in so many ways its clear you are just making it up to pathetically try and cover yourself.

Common sense here Corky - A player jumps into the air to block a pass. He's already had major surgeries on his right wrist. He has a metal rod in his right wrist. He's even broken that metal rod after it was put in. When landing after the jump, do you think he's going to use his right wrist to break the fall again? NO. He had to use his left hand to take the entire blunt of the impact, and that's how he hurt it.

There is no such thing as common sense. You've proven that already. Also, it wasn't a metal ROD that was broken. It was a metal plate. It was a temporary plate, not a permanent one. For you to claim that he's going to ACTIVELY THINK about favoring his right wrist to break his fall is just pure stupidity on your part. His left wrist took the brunt of the impact because Wheatley was coming down awkward to begin with because of his momentum. You claim you watch the plays, but them you make up stuff.

Simple cause and effect. YES, his right wrist injury contributed to his left wrist injury. Or he just has fragile wrists. Either way, the RED FLAG was clearly out there before the draft. It's no coincidence that he's once again dealing with a wrist injury, like he has on many previous occasions.

I love how you over-exaggerate and make claims that just aren't true. He's only injured his right wrist twice. Yet, you make it out to be something that happened more than a dozen times.

Because NOBODY projected him as a 4th rounder.

Because the ONLY reason he was drafted that high was due to his 40 time.

SI.com - 2008 NFL Draft - Jonathan Wilhite
Projected round: Late seventh round

NFL Events: Draft Player Profiles - Jonathan Wilhite

"Outside of his timed speed, he would have problems joining a team, even as a camp player."

Jonathan Wilhite | Auburn, CB : 2008 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

"Projected Round: 5-6 Stock:
Rated number 22 out of 237 CB's"

There you go. Next time, do your own research Corky. You're making yourself look stupid.

I'm not making myself look stupid. That is your M.O. You've done it through out this thread with your absolutely absurd talent evaluations and your lack of reading comprehension.

These players are all projected way higher than that.

Where are you getting these projections from? SHOW ME PROOF. Seems like you are pulling this stuff out of the toilet. It's Bull.

Hey, SFBs, NFL DRAFT SCOUT. The same site you claimed credit with for Wilhite.

Strong Safety: NFL Draft Scout----Powered By: The Sports Xchange

Free Safety:
NFL Draft Scout----Powered By: The Sports Xchange

You expect anybody to read that? Its not even worth skimming through. You've already lost.

And funny how you wrote that up right after the game. I guess you don't watch any other teams play. What a nerd. But hey, if it makes you feel any better, you can run around claiming to be the queen of internet arguing. Go join a debate club pointdexter. I have no interest in going tit for tat with some fat old man who replies with "ROFLZ" and quotes every sentence I type. Get a life douchebag.

I believe the picks in the original post are all being chosen too soon........

I believe sintim will be there for the pats in round 2, I believe green would be there in round 3..........I like greene, BTW and have him as the first 3rd round pick at this time (the 2nd pick coming for asante samuel)......

I believe the pats look for some experience playing with hand on ground for their OLB positions.......guys like matt shaughnessy or cody brown

I believe the picks in the original post are all being chosen too soon........

I believe sintim will be there for the pats in round 2, I believe green would be there in round 3..........I like greene, BTW and have him as the first 3rd round pick at this time (the 2nd pick coming for asante samuel)......

I believe the pats look for some experience playing with hand on ground for their OLB positions.......guys like matt shaughnessy or cody brown

Greene will rise on draft boards. Just watch. He's having an unbelievable season (100+ yards in every game this year). He has ideal size and good enough speed. He doesn't have a top notch 40, but all the Pats need is someone who can help move the chains, run out the clock, and wear out opposing defenses. Greene would fit that role perfectly.

Logan Mankins and Jerod Mayo. Both were considered "reaches". Pats don't care what others think about their draft.

Anyways. It's impossible to make predictions so early. I hope they do make those picks though.

Greene will rise on draft boards. Just watch. He's having an unbelievable season (100+ yards in every game this year). He has ideal size and good enough speed. He doesn't have a top notch 40, but all the Pats need is someone who can help move the chains, run out the clock, and wear out opposing defenses. Greene would fit that role perfectly.

Logan Mankins and Jerod Mayo. Both were considered "reaches". Pats don't care what others think about their draft.

Anyways. It's impossible to make predictions so early. I hope they do make those picks though.

Not a lot or wear and tear on Green's tires which should really appeal to GM's, but if he does not run a good 40, then just like our 4 name RB from last year's draft, he could drop a few rounds lower than he should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft