PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2009: NFL Week 1 game discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Dallas would easily roll over Tampa Bay but that looks like a close game so far. On the first drive Dallas was rolling along before Ronde Barber sacked Romo for a big loss; the Cowboys scored on a 51-yard FG. Then surprisingly Tampa Bay moved the ball right down the field before stalling at baout the 20-yard line. Dallas blocked the FG attempt and returned it to midfield. On the first play Felix Jones ran the ball inside the 30. Next play a direct snap to RB Tashard Choice and the announcers got to say 'wildcat'.

Philadelphia is running riot over Carolina, and in an inversion of ancient Rome, the Saints are feasting on the Lions. . . . Brees already has 4 TDs in the first half. :eek:

J E T S JETS JETS JETS

Jets 10/0

If the way the Vikes are playing against the Browns is any indication... this is going to be one LONG season.

If the way the Vikes are playing against the Browns is any indication... this is going to be one LONG season.
And remember, Childress wanted to bring in Favre and pay him $12M. :D

Colts look like they may have lost Gonzales for the the year. Went down with a knee injury untouched. Barely could walk. Not good.

Manning threw one bad INT and should have had two, but has been able to move the ball.

Texans looking like they will disapoint this year their high expectations. I won't ake away what the Jets are doing, but their defense seems to always be out of position and not tackling at all.

I liked the really extended fake by Atlanta, thought it was going to be a TD but Ryan just didn't get enough on it.

jets look good

jets look good

I think it is a case of the Jets looking better than expected and the Texans looking worse. I think the Texans will be working on tackling drills this week.

I think the Jets look better than we thought, and Houston looks a lot worse than we thought. I think next week the NYJ gets a reality check.

I think it is a case of the Jets looking better than expected and the Texans looking worse. I think the Texans will be working on tackling drills this week.

=====================================================

You see me rollin, you be haten. :)

17/0

Looks like Kelley Washington has caught more passes today than his 2 years in New England, currently: 3 rec, 43 yards...

=====================================================

You see me rollin, you be haten. :)

17/0

Again, I said the Jets have been playing than thought, but they have been helped on offense by the fact it takes the fourth or fifth guy by the Texans to make a clean tackle.

Hey it isn't as bad as the Jags defense that has been in a nickel all game with not much change up vs. the Colts. Apparently someone didn't tell Del Rio that vanilla defenses are not for the regular season vs. the Colts.

TD Vikes! All Day All Night All Adrian Peterson ramming it in. Apparently they had to give him fluids at halftime due to being dehydrated. After the TD Fox showed a shot of him with his left arm bleeding from the spot where they inserted the fluids.

KC just took the lead in Baltimore

Houston unable to generate momentum of any kind. Schaub looks lost. Texans did not seem to have made any halftime adjustments to counter heavy pressure brought up the middle.

Ryan seems to be utilizing Jenkins far more than he ever was last year.. that is the DC in Ryan, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back