PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2009: NFL Week 1 game discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jets have no receivers. :rolleyes:

Anybody else enjoying the Dolphins looking completely lifeless? How bout' that Wildcat? :D

The thing that worked about the Wildcat was the air of surprise. Any team that is scheduled to play the Dolphins have practiced and gameplaned against it.

Michael Turner has 2.8 YPC.

Browns still have no TD in 2009

Sanchez looks better than Stafford. In fact, Sanchez looks better than Flacco. He makes smart decisions, and finds ways to make plays. He's like 80% successful on third down. I thought he was going to be a bust.

Nice spirals too. If he gets pocket poise and better accuracy he could be better than some QBs who have won recent SBs (No not Brady). But, as long as he's a Jet he'll always be Dirty Sanchez to me.

Elam has missed 2 FGs and a PAT... pathetic.

Last edited:
Jets have no receivers. :rolleyes:

The Texans look bad today, even when Schaub? has time, he can't hit the side of a barn. He has not thrown the ball down the field once today.

Sanchez looks better than Stafford. In fact, Sanchez looks better than Flacco. He makes smart decisions, and finds ways to make plays. He's like 80% successful on third down. I thought he was going to be a bust.

Dude, first game of the season. Relax. Plenty of time for him to suck.

Nice spirals too. If he gets pocket poise and better accuracy he could be better than some QBs who have won recent SBs (No not Brady). But, as long as he's a Jet he'll always be Dirty Sanchez to me.

Looks like he coudl be the real deal.. 2nd half throws are on target.. more calm now.. also look at his % for 3rd down comp.. that is telling.

Well, the wildcat isn't just sucking for the Dolphins, the Jags blew a two point conversion to tie the game on a blown wildcat that surprised no one.

I knew the minute Mangini traded the #5 pick to the Jets, he knew he was setting the Jets up with a franchise QB to terrorize us for the next decade. Still giving it to us aren't you Eric ? Thanks...........Fatboy

Well, the wildcat isn't just sucking for the Dolphins, the Jags blew a two point conversion to tie the game on a blown wildcat that surprised no one.

browns missed a 3rd andgoal on the wildcat.

Jake Delhome has thrown 4 interceptions today, coming off his 6 turnover game in the playoffs last year.

Donovan McNabb got injured, walked off on his own power though. Kevin Kolb is in the game.

They just jinxed the wonder rookie. :D

nice texans

browns missed a 3rd andgoal on the wildcat.

Jets pulled a wildcat prior to their 2nd TD that caught the texans with their pants down.

Texans may be coming to life now, may be a little too late.

Right on cue, Dirty Sanchez makes a GOD AWFUL read against a talented, yet pretty vanilla defense. Pick 6. 17-7 Jets. Houston is going to win this game.

i hope so but they need to get some offense for that

Although you don't want to read too much into the first week of the season, I have watched all four AFC South teams this week and all four look very beatable. The Titans have played the best and might be the least beatable of the four since they did play tough for three quarters before totally falling apart.

Indy should beat the Jags, but they have not been sharp doing it. Only the passing game seems to be working consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back