PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2009 NFL Mock Draft Game: Discussion/Vote Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Problemo.

Happy to oblige as it was obvious you were desperate to get up :)

No Problemo.

Yes men, at #6 I wanted a OT, I mean the Bengals lost Stacy Andrews and Levi Jones is coming from an ACL, but Det took Smith and St. Louis took Monroe, I took Raji becouse I think he was the bpa (over Oher and Smith at that particular pick) but I still needed a OT. There's no way Beatty or Britton would last until #38.

The Eagles need a TE after losing L.J. Smith and Pettigrew is the man I wanted for Donavan McNabb especially for his presence in the Red Zone and also his all around ability.

The Eagles need a TE after losing L.J. Smith and Pettigrew is the man I wanted for Donavan McNabb especially for his presence in the Red Zone and also his all around ability.

Pettigrew is a nice addition to this offense, with Jackson and Brown/Curtis as wide recievers Pettigrew can dominate the middle of the field, plus he's not like LJ hands of stone Smith.

I'll say it shocked me although it shouldn't have as my original mock draft had Pettigrew at 21 to the Eagles.

The reason I traded up was to try and get the best RB and cut ahead of a couple of the teams, but I feel there is better value at the end of the 2nd.

No Problemo.

mix had better confirm that initial trade. Next time make sure the other person posts confirmation before doing anything with that pick.

mix had better confirm that initial trade. Next time make sure the other person posts confirmation before doing anything with that pick.

I confirm it, I just forgot to make a post about it...

I had a brainfart and missed these threads completely. Any teams going spare?

We had enough PMs between us working out a fair value so we decided that I post it.

We had enough PMs between us working out a fair value so we decided that I post it.

Man this was a great Idea as I am having a lot of fun here:)

I am up next and going to finalize my pick and have #29 up within the hour and conferring with Sean Payton via conference call:p:p

After looking hard at B. Wells slipping all the way to the end of the first I decided to go with the top Corner/Safety combo which is Smith IMO. With the loss of Deuce I know Wells power running game would have been a good fit with Bush and the emergence of Thomas running the rock.

With Greg Williams taking over that defense I think that his skills will be utilized and he can be molded to take over from Sharper an a couple of years. Right away he will push Tracy Porter and newcommer Jabari Greer for playing time and they just released McKenzie.

I like the decision there.

Thomas showed a lot of promise to end the year, and Bush is there to help them out when not hurt.

Sure thing you can have the Green Bay Packers!

Woo hoo! Thanks, bakes! Could someone get me up to speed on what picks I have? I understand that there have been some trades. Also, I like Everette Brown a lot- nice pick. Lots of speed, good moves, aggression, good motor. A good pick for the 3-4 OLB, assuming he converts well.

Woo hoo! Thanks, bakes! Could someone get me up to speed on what picks I have? I understand that there have been some trades. Also, I like Everette Brown a lot- nice pick. Lots of speed, good moves, aggression, good motor. A good pick for the 3-4 OLB, assuming he converts well.

I just updated the draft order here.

Green Bay has the 41st pick in the 2nd round along with the 73rd and the 84th picks in the 3rd round.

SON OF A *****! :enranged: I knew I shoulda made that trade up with New Orleans. :(

Well, I think that I made the 1st "reach" of the draft by taking Ron Brace for the Titans. But considering that I had Chris Johnson pegged for them in the 2nd round last year and they took him in the 1st, I feel comfortable about doing the same for Brace.

Well, I think that I made the 1st "reach" of the draft by taking Ron Brace for the Titans. But considering that I had Chris Johnson pegged for them in the 2nd round last year and they took him in the 1st, I feel comfortable about doing the same for Brace.

That's why I hesitated to make the trade up just ahead of you, but I knew that the need was great and now I'm kicking myself for not pulling the trigger.

I really was hoping Brace might slid down to #45 was my original plans when I made the trade down with the Giants. Bakes781 had a good offer I might have considered but I guess he was thinking like me and thought Brace would slide.

How we all love the draft.

I believe Brace is going to be a good one for a long time he was just overlooked sometimes because of Raji.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe