Born: February 19, 1978
Los Angeles, CA
Height: 5-9
Weight: 184 lbs.
Pronounced: ee-WO-ma

2006 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 59 | Key

Comment:
Only chance if he had to play on defense would be to align him in the slot where his lack of height and size would not become an issue. Excellent special teams player. Has an excellent motor. Will insert and throw his body around. Solid speed on kickoff cover team - he is one of the first players down the field. Solid ability as a gunner with the punt team. Shows excellent quickness in his release and knows how to keep leverage on the outside hold up guy. He has no upside as a DC in this league.

He wouldn't be on this team if he couldn't play a little cornerback. Guys who have not done well on other teams come into the Belichick defensive secondary and have success (Chadd Scott, Hank Poteat). They know how to protect players and scheme for their strenghts.

NEM said:
Another 5" 9' DB.
I'm 6'0", 180-185 - maybe they should sign me; or maybe it's more important that our DBs have the DB/ST skills they need as opposed to a couple inches.

:rolleyes:

Height for DB's is one of the most overrated parts of football. Anyone remember 5-10 Asante Sameul outjump 6-5 Plaxico Burress in the 2004 playoffs. Like the Chrles Barkley anology, it's about using your body to gain position and timing your jump.

patsfan13 said:
I asked about Chidi Iwuoma on a Steelers board, not much as a DB very good ST guy, thay are pissed that we signed him. I asked for a comparison to Poteat as a DB. Will post other feedback.

Which board. Just to know,

FWIW, Sean Bubin was mentioned in Patriot Reign as one of BB's draft targets...

PatDaPatriot said:
FWIW, Sean Bubin was mentioned in Patriot Reign as one of BB's draft targets...

Interesting...

PatsDeb said:
well, there goes Randy Moss's or Jerry Porter's spot. :)
But, it won't stop the "trade for" threads.:mad:

Handel said:
Which board. Just to know,

Steelernation.

The feeling is, agressive as a CB not in the right spot, not as good as Poteat (who they don't think much of), faster than Hank. Many wish they had kept Chidi over S Morey as a St player.

Pat_Nasty said:
Good.

He will definitely increase our all-important "weird name quotient," as well as the "%CBs under 5'10" metric.

Absolutely, and that's really all that matters...

I have felt such a void since we lost Shockmain Davis, but now we've got Chidi-Chidi Bang-Bang!

Nice...

ADPF

BPF said:
Here's the info on Bubin:

Sean Bubin
Pos: OT
Height: 6-7
Weight: 307 lbs.
College: Illinois
Drafted: Year:2004 Round:5 Pick:27, Jaguars FANTASY

6'7" :eek: Man, if we keep growing our Oline like this (Ryan's 6'7" too) Brady is going to need to step on someone to see over the line!!:p

One practice squad spot is still open.

What's the next move? My guess is Spann goes down to the PS and we sign another CB, or call up Bam.

mgteich said:
Perhaps not. Spann can be moved back the the Practice Squad, and Bubin put on the Practice Squad. That would put the practice squad back to the full complement of eight. Unless, we are bringing Mruc back, we still have an open spot.

Huh?
We dropped Mruc ... after two full years of Dante's tutelage ... and brought on Bubin?

Does Dante become jaded or bored when his pupils attain some pro-ficiency
... and always needs new challenges ?

Spann can go back to the PS, Mru can be resigned.

Or if we are lucky we can trade for Jerry Porter and Randy Moss who are both reknowned for their special team skills especially as gunners. I've heard they can really blow up a wedge (sic).

p8ryts said:
Spann can go back to the PS, Mru can be resigned.

Or if we are lucky we can trade for Jerry Porter and Randy Moss who are both reknowned for their special team skills especially as gunners. I've heard they can really blow up a wedge (sic).

I am absolutely disgusted that this team has not tried to get Steve Smith from Carolina as well. He is a great punt return man.

If that isn't an indicator that BB/SP don't care about 2006, I don't know what is.

On a steelers message board they're pissed that Cowher released Chidi, apparently he's great on special teams.

I just saw a Steeler fan say that he might be the best gunner in the league. Huh.

Ya, if you google Iwouma you will read article after article praising Iwouma as a special teams ace.

He should add some depthto thesecondary as well as strengthen the ST considerably.

This is an absolute steal. The Pats may have the best coverage unit in the league now. This team will win the "hidden yardage" contest consistently. If Gostkowski can pick it up, the sky's the limit for the ST unit. Iwouma may be the replacement for Izzo next season. The Steelers really dropped the ball.

Last edited:
PonyExpress said:
This is an absolute steal. The Pats may have the best coverage unit in the league now. This team will win the "hidden yardage" contest consistently. If Gostkowski can pick it, the sky's the limit for the ST unit. Iwouma may be the replacement for Izzo next season. The Steelers really dropped the ball.

They already do!

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

One quarter through the NFL season, a look at some of the areas in which the Patriots rank in the Top 10 of the NFL:

* Punt coverage -- 1st in the NFL

Opponents averaging just 1.5 yards per return

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes