PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

199Overall.com - Patriots Mock Draft Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todd McShay's latest Mock 4/15/08

Didn't bother reading through that mess of mock's on your site, so I don't know if you've already got this listed, but McShay's posted a new mock on 4/15/08.

He has the Patriots selecting:
7. N.E. Patriots (from 5-11 S.F.) -- Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
Record: 16-0 | Needs: ILB, OLB, CB, ROT, TE
Scenario 1: The Patriots will try to trade out of this pick because they're unlikely to get good value at their positions of need. With that in mind, they are hoping Ellis and/or Ryan slip this far in order to drive up the value of the pick.
Scenario 2: New England could upgrade over Nick Kaczur at right tackle by selecting Albert if he's available. Albert is skyrocketing up draft boards and is talented enough to push for immediate playing time.
Scenario 3: Don't be surprised if the Patriots ignore need and take Ellis if he's still available. He would represent the best value.
Scenario 4: Gholston is the final option, and while he does fill a need and some teams value him a top-five pick I feel he is overrated. Also, the Pats rarely spend draft picks on linebackers.
62. New England Patriots -- Reggie Smith, CB, Oklahoma

Notes:
Some of McShay's other projections:
1. Dolphins -- Jake Long
2. Rams -- Glenn Dorsey
3. Falcons -- Matt Ryan
4. Raiders -- Chris Long (makes to much sense...)
5. Chiefs -- Brandon Albert (he claims Albert is flying up draft boards)
6. Jets -- Darren McFadden
8. Ravens -- Vernon Gholston
9. Bengals -- Ryan Clady
10. Saints -- Keith Rivers

12. Broncos -- Chris Williams
13. Panthers -- Derrick Harvey
16. Cardinals -- Leodis McKelvin
17. Vikings -- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
18. Texans -- Mike Jenkins
19. Eagles -- Jerod Mayo
20. Buccaneers -- Aqib Talib
27. Chargers -- Jonathan Stewart (As a Patriots fan, this would completely suck)
30. Packers -- Brandon Flowers
31. Giants -- Kenny Phillips
35. Chiefs -- Tracy Porter
36. Jets -- Quentin Groves (McShay must be trying to punch me in the nuts with this draft)
37. Falcons -- Antoine Cason ( would try and swing a trade up for him at this spot)
45. Lions -- Lawrence Jackson
48. Falcons (From Houston) -- Curtis Lofton
57. Dolphins (From San Diego) -- Charles Godfrey
61. Cowboys -- Patrick Lee

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...ory?columnist=mcshay_todd&page=mcshaymock0415

Re: Todd McShay's latest Mock 4/15/08

Didn't bother reading through that mess of mock's on your site, so I don't know if you've already got this listed, but McShay's posted a new mock on 4/15/08.

McShay knows his stuff and is connected, thanks.

A few more updates:
http://www.199overall.com/?q=node/2

A chart with recent trends has been added to the bottom of this page.
Not the greatest chart but you get the idea.
http://www.199overall.com/?q=/taxonomy/term/5

Tremendous work on the trends... I just can't say enough about this very professional and thoughtful amount of work you've put into this.

Of course, if indeed reports that we're about to sign Ty Law are true, I'd have to think that the prospect of us drafting a CB with the #7 pick drops substantially.

Additionally some of the latest word out there is that there aren't ANY CBs worthy of a top 10 pick. Add that to a signing of Ty Law and I'd have to think that any new mocks are going to drop McKelvin as the most likely pick.

Thoughts?

Hehe, the scary thing is that the guys you picked for the Pats mostly jived with the guys I picked for em... so watch BB do the exact opposite this saturday! ;)

Hehe, the scary thing is that the guys you picked for the Pats mostly jived with the guys I picked for em... so watch BB do the exact opposite this saturday! ;)

And besides the "free space" of Jeff Long, I had exactly zero players in the right spot by the right team. Awful lot of trading made that extra-tough this year.

Right spot/Wrong team - Matt Ryan, Sedric Ellis, Antoine Cason, Tony Hills.

Right team/wrong slot (within one round...I'm not taking credit for a guy I had projected to team A in the third that went to team A in the seventh) - Chad Henne, John Carlson, Matt Forte, Tavares Gooden, Josh Johnson, Marcus Smith.

Darius Walker award for highest mocked player who went undrafted - Erin Henderson @ 47.

I think I did better with my first mock.

Instead of rebump my mock thread I'll just mention it here.

1) Miami – Jake Long

Obviously Jake was a gimme at #1.

2. St. Louis – Glenn Dorsey

Chris Long was obviously the other option, but the consensus had seemed to be Dorsey.

3. New York Jets* (from Atlanta) – Darren McFadden

It was a long shot, but I do think there was interest from the Jets.

4. Oakland – Chris Long
5. Kansas City – Vernon Gholston
6. Atlanta* (from New York Jets) – Matt Ryan

Roger Goodell wasn't the only one who had the top 6 right. :p Falcons did take Matt Ryan in the end, but it wasn't without debate I'm sure.

7. New England – Ryan Clady
8. Baltimore – Leodis McKelvin
9. Cincinnati – Sedrick Ellis
10. New Orleans – Keith Rivers

Yeah I should've seen the trade with the Saints coming, but I wasn't a believer in the recent hype on Mayo. Other than Mayo & Harvey I had these guys all pegged about right where they should've been.

11. Kansas City** (from Buffalo) – Branden Albert

The Chiefs did trade up for him, just not ahead of their rivals in Denver.

12. Denver – Chris Williams

Right position anyway.

13. Carolina – Derrick Harvey

I hadn't anticipated the Ravens giving away their #8 pick so easily.

14. Chicago – Jeff Otah

I basically had the OTs & CBs slotted one spot too high. Mostly thanks to that Baltimore trade down.

15. Detroit – Rashard Mendenhall

I don't know why this guy fell.

16. Arizona – Rogers-Cromartie

Spot on with this one.

17. Buffalo** (from Kansas City) – Aqib Talib

Right position.

18. Houston – Jonathan Stewart
19. Philadelphia – Phillip Merling

20. Tampa Bay – Mike Jenkins

Right position.

21. Washington – Kenny Phillips
22. Dallas – Limas Sweed
23. Pittsburgh – Gosder Cherilus

24. Atlanta*** (from Tennessee) – Kentwan Balmer

Atlanta did trade back into round one, but for OT not DT.

25. Seattle – Devin Thomas

26. Jacksonville – Quentin Groves

Jags got him in the 2nd round instead.

27. San Diego – Malcolm Kelly

28. Dallas – Felix Jones

Cowboys took him at #22 instead.

29. San Francisco – DeSean Jackson
30. Green Bay – Antoine Cason
31. New York Giants – Jerod Mayo

I think most everyone had at least 3 WRs going in round one, so with a total of 6 players not selected in the 1st that's not too bad. Right? :bricks:

Well we now know 184 mock websites can be wrong, only 3 had the Pats taking Mayo. It goes to show that know one really knows and our guessed are as good as the so called experts.

Thank you to everyone for their suggestions, the site had 29,648 unique visitors , whatever that means. Special props to DryHeat for his expert mocks, he stood toe to toe with the so called champs and produced once of the most complete mock drafts on the internet.

I have certainly had my fill of mock drafts for this year. As of right now I am not sure if their will be an encore, although by next January I am sure I will be chomping at the bit.

Now it is time to enjoy so R&R, see you all in August. Go Pats.

Last edited:
Any chance of this being updated? :)

Just looking through a few Mocks and there are some good ones out there. And some bad ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back