PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

199Overall.com - Patriots Mock Draft Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that you'd like to see this, written by John Tomase in today's Boston Herald:

"A valuable resource for Patriots [team stats] fans is the Web site 199overall.com, a mock draft clearinghouse that tracks more than 140 other sites and whom they believe the Patriots will select seventh overall. As of last week, the runaway leader was Troy corner Leodis McKelvin, with 40 mock drafts showing the Patriots targeting him, vs. 20 each for South Florida corner Mike Jenkins and Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston.

The name of the site, incidentally, is an allusion to Tom Brady [stats]’s draft position in 2000."

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...43&format=&page=3&listingType=nfl#articleFull

Thanks Sam, I know he is not going to win an popularity contests but I have always liked the contrast between the various local media members. Nothing is worse than the entire media being homers.

I appreciate that he mentions the site in his blog.

Last edited:
I just noticed Condraft's most recent (3/18/08) Mock.

NE's selections:
1.7) DE/OLB Vernon Gholston
2.62) CB DeJuan Tribble
3.69) OT Heath Benedict
3.94) RB Matt Forte

Other notables:
1.1 - Dolphins - Matt Ryan (QB, BC)
1.2 - Rams - Chris Long (DE, Virginia)
1.3 - Falcons - Glenn Dorsey (DT, LSU)
1.4 - Raiders - Jake Long (OT, Michigan)
1.5 - Chiefs - Sedrick Ellis (DT, USC)
1.6 - Jets - Darren McFadden (RB, Arkansas)
1.8 - Ravens - Leodis McKelvin (CB, Troy)
1.9 - Bengals - Derrick Harvey (DE, Florida)
1.10 - Rams - Keith Rivers (LB, USC)
1.11 - Bills - Mike Jenkins (CB, USF)
1.12 - Broncos - Ryan Clady (OT, Boise State)
1.16 - Cardinals - Aqib Talib (CB, Kansas)
1.19 - Eagles - Chris Williams (OT, Vandy)
1.22 - Cowboys - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (CB, Tenn. St.)
1.26 - Jags - Quentin Groves (DE, Auburn)
1.27 - Chargers - Reggie Smith (CB, Oklahoma)
1.30 - Packers - Brandon Flowers (CB, Virgina Tech)
1.31 - Giants - Antoine Cason (CB, Arizona)
http://condraft.com/mocks/round-1.html

2.32 - Dolphins - Terrell Thomas (CB, USC)
2.36 - Jets - Tracy Porter (CB, Indiana)
2.39 - 49ers - Bruce Davis (DE, UCLA)
2.45- Lions - Curtis Lofton (LB, Oklahoma)
2.46 - Bengals - Jerod Mayo (LB, Tennessee)
2.47 - Vikings - John Carlson (TE, Notre Dame)
2.48 - Falcons - Gosder Cherilus (OT, Boston College)
2.53 - Steelers - Jonathan Goff (LB, Vanderbilt)
2.63 - Giants - Erin Henderson (LB, Maryland)
http://condraft.com/mocks/round-2.html

3.64 - Dolphins - Trevor Laws (DE, Notre Dame)
3.66 - Chiefs - Chevis Jackson (CB, Louisiana State)
3.67 - Panthers - Red Bryant (DT, Texas A&M)
3.78 - Saints - Charles Godfrey (CB, Iowa)
http://condraft.com/mocks/round-3.html

Either they aren't huge Cliff Avril fans, or they forgot him...

I thought that you'd like to see this, written by John Tomase in today's Boston Herald:

"A valuable resource for Patriots [team stats] fans is the Web site 199overall.com, a mock draft clearinghouse that tracks more than 140 other sites and whom they believe the Patriots will select seventh overall. As of last week, the runaway leader was Troy corner Leodis McKelvin, with 40 mock drafts showing the Patriots targeting him, vs. 20 each for South Florida corner Mike Jenkins and Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston.

The name of the site, incidentally, is an allusion to Tom Brady [stats]’s draft position in 2000."

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...43&format=&page=3&listingType=nfl#articleFull

Whoever it is, I'm glad they recognize a job well done.

I guess if anyone needed confirmation that Tomase reads this website they have it - of course he and others would be stupid not to as there's plenty of folks doing some pretty good research for them.

I just noticed Condraft's most recent (3/18/08) Mock.

Thanks Sebman, I am not crazy about the picks but anyone who has done a draft knows how hard this things are. It is very hard to even do 1 round if you want to do it right.

Ok, remember the good old days when no one cared about the draft... those days are long gone, here are 15 more updates.
http://www.199overall.com/?q=node/2

Special props to James, he will be posting a mock every week at his site NE Patriots Draft

Based on 140+ drafts here are the top 5 favorites, check out the full list here Survey Says
Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy -------------- 42 votes
Mike Jenkins , CB, South Florida ------ 21 votes
Vernon Gholston, OLB, Ohio State --- 19 votes
Keith Rivers, LB, USC ------------------ 11 votes
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tennessee State ----- 11 votes

Last edited:
Thanks Sebman, I am not crazy about the picks but anyone who has done a draft knows how hard this things are. It is very hard to even do 1 round if you want to do it right.

Mock drafts more than a month before the draft should be... well, mocked.

I'm being facetious but the point is that judging by history there are going to be MAJOR changes on the draft board over the next four weeks. Guys currently projected in the third rounds might well drift up to the first round and some first rounders will drop

Look at the early mocks from the last few years and you'll see - so one can only assume the same thing will happen this year.

The latest U-H mock has been posted.

March 26 - a few more updates

Based on 140+ drafts here are the top 5 favorites, check out the full list here Survey Says
Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy -------------- 50 votes
Vernon Gholston, OLB, Ohio State --- 22 votes
Mike Jenkins , CB, South Florida ------ 21 votes
Keith Rivers, LB, USC ------------------ 11 votes
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tennessee State ----- 11 votes

It will be interesting to note the changes over the next few weeks - not that I don't appreciate all your hard work already but I think some of these aren't necessarilly updated all that frequently.

It might be interesting to weed out some of the mocks that aren't up to date - and see if they change their predictions as the draft guesses evolve.

For example - I think many mocks have us going for McKelvin - largely because Gholston is viewed as being gone by the time we pick at #7.

The fact that 22 places have him falling to us at #7 is significant - and indeed if he were available how many of the Mocks would have us picking Gholston if we had our choice of him or McKelvin? Probably quite a few.

So the ESPN report that Gholston is overrated might influence a both the mock drafts and the real draft - and we could indeed have him at #7.

But overall I'd just be interested in seeing what just the latest drafts and their predictions are - and keeping the older mocks in a different category as I think any Mock from January that hasn't been updated is irrelevant.

Last edited:
So the ESPN report that Gholston is overrated might influence a both the mock drafts and the real draft - and we could indeed have him at #7.

It could influence mock drafts but definately not the real draft.

Teams spend millons of dollars on scouting each year why would they listen to an ESPN scout over their own scouts?

It will be interesting to note the changes over the next few weeks - not that I don't appreciate all your hard work already but I think some of these aren't necessarilly updated all that frequently.

It might be interesting to weed out some of the mocks that aren't up to date - and see if they change their predictions as the draft guesses evolve.

For example - I think many mocks have us going for McKelvin - largely because Gholston is viewed as being gone by the time we pick at #7.

The fact that 22 places have him falling to us at #7 is significant - and indeed if he were available how many of the Mocks would have us picking Gholston if we had our choice of him or McKelvin? Probably quite a few.

But overall I'd just be interested in seeing what just the latest drafts and their predictions are - and keeping the older mocks in a different category as I think any Mock from January that hasn't been updated is irrelevant.

Joe, let me think about it. My preference is to post all the mocks and then let the people decide which ones are relevant. 'Power to the People'

I think I might start to summarize only the last 100 updates, this will get rid of a lot of dead weight (Malcolm Jenkins, James Laurinaitis, etc.)

Joe, let me think about it. My preference is to post all the mocks and then let the people decide which ones are relevant. 'Power to the People'

I think I might start to summarize only the last 100 updates, this will get rid of a lot of dead weight (Malcolm Jenkins, James Laurinaitis, etc.)

Well not that you should leave any off - but in your analysis, I'd think you'd be looking out for trends of picks as the pre-draft evolves and not truly consider a January mock draft as relevant in April - that sort of thing.

More updates

New Feature - each update I will add a link to one of the mocks posted on PatsFans.com, first up is DaBruinz with his April 5th mock

I shall try to update the 7-round monster this week or next.

The updates are pouring in, everyone is an expert.

Thank you again for doing this - its been great checking up... seems like increasingly though the pick are all over the place with McKelvin getting the benefit of his "early lead"... That and the fact that many drafts have Gholston going before #7.

I can't help but wonder who the "experts" would think the Patriots would go for if they could have their pick of any of the guys available (and still pay him #7 money!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe